Franks vs. Fromm - under pressure stats

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You really gotta give Mullen and Johnson credit. They've done a good job of putting Franks in a position to succeed:

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
I think it's gonna be a while before people actually give Franks credit. We've heard from multiple Gator beat writers about his improvement this year but the national media (SDS, Gameday or whoever) don't seem to notice yet.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Saw a stat this week. Jawja is top 5 in distance needed on 3rd down. They are among the best in putting themselves in situations for easy 3rd down conversions. Nevertheless, they are among the worst in college football in converting them. That is all on Fromm. Your offense puts you in 3rd and 2, or 3rd and 3 and you can't convert? Fromm is so overrated.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Mullen has done a TREMENDOUS job with Franks.
And with everything this kid has gone through, It's amazing how much he has improved.
Is it that Mullen is a genius or the previous staff was that bad?
Either way, I'm happy for the kid and look forward to watching his progress.
Win or lose Saturday I'm very pleased with what Mullen and staff has done with this team. It seems that we are finally watching our Gators play with heart and intensity. I love it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw a stat this week. Jawja is top 5 in distance needed on 3rd down. They are among the best in putting themselves in situations for easy 3rd down conversions. Nevertheless, they are among the worst in college football in converting them. That is all on Fromm. Your offense puts you in 3rd and 2, or 3rd and 3 and you can't convert? Fromm is so overrated.

I expect UGA to run - A LOT. I'm not sure how much they'll use Fields, but I think they try to force the run - even on 3rd and long situations....at least initially. We need to get a lead and force them to pass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, this is all on the shyt OC.

He has been one of the worst for a long time.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks need to wake up each morning and kiss the ground that Mullen walks on. He has totally turned him around and better than anyone ever thought that he could produce. I am very impressed. This is also a huge statement on Mullen as a coach. And if Franks will listen and continue to progress, Mullen may have him in a position to potentially get drafted very high.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Be interesting to see how Chokey the Dwag chooses to scheme. Does he load the box, run blitz and the like to force Fromm to beat us? I really like our chances if we keep them in 3rd and medium to long.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fromm has never been that great. But like the Bama QBs of old, when you have a stable of running backs deeper than t's mom's vagina, it's easy to put up good passing yards with the box stacked 9 deep.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HERE WE GO GATORS, HERE WE GO!!

maxresdefault.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We ran the ball well on them last year and they aren’t nearly as good against the run this year. They also suck rushing the passer, so I think we can score some points as long as we take care of the football.
Our special teams are playing great this year, too.

Yeah, I’m feeling better and better about this game as we get closer to gameday.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
What impresses me most about Franks is his ability to bounce back after a slow start. I don't think he's completed 30% of his passes in the first quarter this year, but has managed to improve as the game progresses. My fear is that same slow start may cause the game to get away from us considering what happened last.year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia came out throwing the ball on two of its first three possessions against LSU, netting little on either occasion as the Tigers built a 16-0 lead. Georgia is the top run-blocking team in the country, and you would think it would want to draw from its strengths. We have to be ready to meet the physical challenge.

Based on my reading, we shouldn't be shocked to see Smart call on Fields if Fromm struggles early on as he did with LSU. I think we could call that a win if it happens because it would also mean we were able to stop the run.

Beyond that, turnovers and the big play will of course be the deciding factors. We can only hope we get on the good end of them early on.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Franks need to wake up each morning and kiss the ground that Mullen walks on. He has totally turned him around and better than anyone ever thought that he could produce. I am very impressed. This is also a huge statement on Mullen as a coach. And if Franks will listen and continue to progress, Mullen may have him in a position to potentially get drafted very high.

True....but it’s also time that folks begin to acknowledge the work that Franks put in over the summer. If we look back there was a belief that he was partying and not working. Talk of how he was not leading from the front during fall camp and looking lazy.

For me a few things began happening that suggested there might be a different narrative in reality. First the new receivers-Grimes and Jefferson- made very positive statements about the work FF was putting in. Next Josh Hammond stepped up and really supported his work ethic and leadership. Josh is one of the locker room leaders on this team. Finally Mullen seemed to be all in on Franks. So much so that we apparently didn’t make any strong move for Burrow.

He’s getting coached up well and he’s putting in the work. That’s a recipe for success.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Big game for Franks. Didn't I just read on here that he's only completing 44% of his passes vs Miss St, LSU and UK and 60+% vs everyone else?

He'll need to be 58% or better to pull this off on Saturday. 44% won't cut it unless UGA turns it over a bunch.

Big game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Big game for Franks. Didn't I just read on here that he's only completing 44% of his passes vs Miss St, LSU and UK and 60+% vs everyone else?

He'll need to be 58% or better to pull this off on Saturday. 44% won't cut it unless UGA turns it over a bunch.

Big game.

Burrow was 15-30 vs UGA, 50%. I agree 44% won't work, but he doesn't need to be lights out either. Just limit turnovers (hopefully no more than 1).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.