Franks vs. Fromm - under pressure stats

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks, by his successful performances, has created the prospect that he just may "pull it all together" to become a top CFB QB. His success has been hidden amidst the camouflage of too many "run for your life" throws. They just register as accidents, luck ? But he does it too frequently. When his OL provides him with the free choices to stand in, to roll out, then he should settle the quandry.

Regardless, it's the right time for our 3 RBs to go stomp-romp on UGa. Combine for 250 yards total.

Last edited:

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
The pressure is going to be on Fromm to keep his starting job. I hope our defense can hold them to minimal gains for the first few series, to ratchet up that stress even more. If Kirby not-so-Smart does pull the trigger we just need to hope Fields isn’t a Tu’a.

It’s going to be a nail biter for me. The last few years have me conditioned to expect complete incompetence and quit. The experts say we don’t have the talent, but the vandy game proved we have heart. I think we have enough talent and more to gain. Franks does enough and Fromm loses his job.

Franks goes 17 of 31. 187 yds. 2 tds 1 pick (on a deflection)

Go Gators!

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
What impresses me most about Franks is his ability to bounce back after a slow start. I don't think he's completed 30% of his passes in the first quarter this year, but has managed to improve as the game progresses. My fear is that same slow start may cause the game to get away from us considering what happened last.year.
This is one of the most striking growth points I've noticed in Franks. I think it's got a lot to do with Mullen telling him that he wouldn't get pulled for a mistake and then proving it. You hear it all the time...you've got to have situational amnesia regarding errors. Forget them for now, move on to the next play, and go back to them in the film room. This is WICKED GOOD coaching when you consider where Franks came from (raw out of HS and basically zero coaching/mentoring for the past two years).

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Big game for Franks. Didn't I just read on here that he's only completing 44% of his passes vs Miss St, LSU and UK and 60+% vs everyone else?

He'll need to be 58% or better to pull this off on Saturday. 44% won't cut it unless UGA turns it over a bunch.

Big game.

Actually for those 3 games he is at 53.1% with an outstanding 71% against Miss State (22-31).

Definitely needs to be better than 53% to beat Georgia but I would also point out that against LSU he was only 12-27 but threw 6 passes away to avoid a sack or no open receiver. That alone illustrates his continued progress. Last year that would have possibly been 6 sacks or interceptions or otherwise bad plays.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just don't want to see FF throw a quick pass out to a 3set WR bunch (outside the hash) and have our 2 WRs poorly block their defender, thus allowing one of them to step in front of the pass for a pick 6.

It almost happened last game out. When it happened, I had that gut feeling I'd see it again.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Actually for those 3 games he is at 53.1% with an outstanding 71% against Miss State (22-31).

Definitely needs to be better than 53% to beat Georgia but I would also point out that against LSU he was only 12-27 but threw 6 passes away to avoid a sack or no open receiver. That alone illustrates his continued progress. Last year that would have possibly been 6 sacks or interceptions or otherwise bad plays.

He's making better decisions, no doubt. I feel that most of his completions are short yardage/high percentage. I think we'll need a little more downfield passing to win but that just MHO.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's making better decisions, no doubt. I feel that most of his completions are short yardage/high percentage. I think we'll need a little more downfield passing to win but that just MHO.

He's 33 of 39 on attempts behind the LOS. So yes, that's where he's padding his stats - but I'm sure most QBs stats are padded similarly.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
I think it's gonna be a while before people actually give Franks credit. We've heard from multiple Gator beat writers about his improvement this year but the national media (SDS, Gameday or whoever) don't seem to notice yet.

Good! We need him focused exclusively on his improvement so having to deal with any "rat poison" would be counter productive!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perrine's revealing feeling could be used better than bulletin board material from UGa players. That is, rev up the anger all these Gators must feel towards ButtNuss wasting their CFB careers - grrrr!= take it out on UGa.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I think it's gonna be a while before people actually give Franks credit. We've heard from multiple Gator beat writers about his improvement this year but the national media (SDS, Gameday or whoever) don't seem to notice yet.
Was as guilty as anyone, I predicted EJ would be the starter by the Ga. game, boy was I off. FF is is showing flashes of becoming a damn good QB. No reason to think he will only keep getting better.
Go Gators beat the butt-sniffers!

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
What impresses me most about Franks is his ability to bounce back after a slow start. I don't think he's completed 30% of his passes in the first quarter this year, but has managed to improve as the game progresses. My fear is that same slow start may cause the game to get away from us considering what happened last.year.
Didn't Frank's start 7 for 8 in the miss st game ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't want to see FF throw a quick pass out to a 3set WR bunch (outside the hash) and have our 2 WRs poorly block their defender, thus allowing one of them to step in front of the pass for a pick 6.

It almost happened last game out. When it happened, I had that gut feeling I'd see it again.
Youre mad he ran the play the coach called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb