Fridays scrimmage notes

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Franks threw 2 bad picks and 2 TDs. Linebackers played well. Washington and Chauncey had the picks. Scarlett had a big run. Tyrie made some good catches,and had a few drops. Ist team o-line from left to right was... Ivey, Heggie, McCoy, Johnson, Taylor. Taven Bryan showed out. Just passing on info I got from another site. :chomp:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks threw 2 bad picks and 2 TDs. Linebackers played well. Washington and Chauncey had the picks. Scarlett had a big run. Tyrie made some good catches,and had a few drops. Ist team o-line from left to right was... Ivey, Heggie, McCoy, Johnson, Taylor. Taven Bryan showed out. Just passing on info I got from another site. :chomp:

Didn't like reading that about the picks.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Everyday I'm Driskelin', everyday I'm Driskelin', everyday, everyday, everyday I'm Driskelin'
(To the Hustlin' by Rick Ross beat).

Side note- I have a sneaky suspicion that our OL is gonna be really good this year

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Without a detailed analysis of both the pics and TD's this means little. Perhaps the pics were great defense when the play was there,and the TD's might be defensive breakdowns.

No news from Trask?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He said BOTH QBs struggled FYI

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Franks starts you will be reading about alot of them. He's Driskel 2.0!

I still hold out some hope but when you get past the sugar coated article stuff it appears that could be true. Heck the coaches even admitted they were dumbing things down to try to help out. Not sure what to think of Trask but I haven't seen much about him throwing picks often and in the little tape we get he does have nice touch on his passes while Franks just guns it and high many times which are always dangerous passes over the middle.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I still hold out some hope but when you get past the sugar coated article stuff it appears that could be true. Heck the coaches even admitted they were dumbing things down to try to help out. Not sure what to think of Trask but I haven't seen much about him throwing picks often and in the little tape we get he does have nice touch on his passes while Franks just guns it and high many times which are always dangerous passes over the middle.
Trask Is going to be good IF he's not rushed into action out of desperation/injury. Kid still needs more time to develop! Franks "is what he is"...a turnover machine!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyday I'm Driskelin', everyday I'm Driskelin', everyday, everyday, everyday I'm Driskelin'
(To the Hustlin' by Rick Ross beat).

Side note- I have a sneaky suspicion that our OL is gonna be really good this year

Should be it's year three for a number of these guys.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trask Is going to be good IF he's not rushed into action out of desperation/injury. Kid still needs more time to develop! Franks "is what he is"...a turnover machine!

I say let the one that gives you the best chance to win get his development in real game action. Heck recent history shows that QBs either have it as a RS Freshman or they don't when thrown out there for a significant amount of time unlike many true freshman. I think Mac will play it safe saying he wanted to see what the blue chipper can do in real game action but if you know he is that turnover prone why start him against Michigan over the lesser known guy. I say put Trask in there and tell him if it isn't there throw the ball away and eat a sack here and there. That will usually give you a way better chance than the guy who isnt reading defenses well forcing the ball because he doesn't want any negative plays.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If Franks starts you will be reading about alot of them. He's Driskel 2.0!

Thought it was said the other day that Trask was locking in on receivers and lacking confidence at times, and Franks was not as polished a passer and was over confident in his arm and was prone to throw pics. Sounds to me they both have some of the Driskel qualities that all Gator fans hated while he was here. Not getting a good vibe from either of these guys, but their only second year players.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I say let the one that gives you the best chance to win get his development in real game action. Heck recent history shows that QBs either have it as a RS Freshman or they don't when thrown out there for a significant amount of time unlike many true freshman. I think Mac will play it safe saying he wanted to see what the blue chipper can do in real game action but if you know he is that turnover prone why start him against Michigan over the lesser known guy. I say put Trask in there and tell him if it isn't there throw the ball away and eat a sack here and there. That will usually give you a way better chance than the guy who isnt reading defenses well forcing the ball because he doesn't want any negative plays.
I agree...but for Trask's longterm development it would be best if he could sit another year. However I think he gives us our best chance to win now. Smh...one thing is for sure it's going to be an interesting season and hopefully we get things figured out one way or the other!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're going to get a lot of picks out of Franks. Personally I'd rather have a gunslinger.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Mac's presser today. Not a whole lot in there considering how long it was.

A few points were Zuniga stood out on defense and he thinks the O line is starting to make strides with some players bringing more urgency.

He was asked to say what he thought of Franks and Trask in the scrimmage and avoided breaking it down by each player like he was asked to. He said the deep throws were pretty good and Cleveland made a nice deep catch. He said the intermediate throws had some poor throws and we were sloppy with the ball a few times in the red zone but did get some production in the red zone.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, when Driskel had a good line in front of him, we ran the hell out of the ball and won 11 games. Maybe we'll have a throwback offense this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, when Driskel had a good line in front of him, we ran the hell out of the ball and won 11 games. Maybe we'll have a throwback offense this year.

But the 2012 defense won't be walking through that door this season. We do have a throwback RB however if he can just learn to pickup his blocking responsibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.