From a sunshine pumper

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I'm just hoping Kentucky is way better than we are giving them credit for.
They ran out of "want to" at the end while we seemed to find just enough.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906 said:
I am a huge pumper and even I can't defend that mess. Crazy enough I don't blame WM because the defense was nasty. UK had some big offensive plays because of picture perfect passes and catches. Nothing you can do about that. Defense got a little tired in the second half too. The glaring problem is JD. Sucks that WM will probably lose his job because of JD's qb play. If Treon had the same amount of experience as JD, we would have DESTROYED UK. The game plan was in place to step on their throat but JD missed pass after pass. I mean we had to scaled back the playbook because JD was struggling so bad. siiiighhhhhhh
There was a couple blown coverages but overall they played very well. Offense was schizo as hell. JD was much better in the second half. Maybe that big throw to DR propels him. Or maybe not. You can't win without a QB that makes good decisions. Treon needs some reps.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
That was a must win for Muschamp...no coach gets to stay after losing to KY and Ga Southern and UGA everytime

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Lol wow at all of the negative posts. Teams have to win games like this in order to win championships. You have to fight through adversity. I'm honestly surprised at all of the negativity, even though I guess I shouldn't be. Was it ugly? Sure it was. Was it a win? You're damn right. Kentucky is a talented football team, that had been hearing about 27 in a row all week, and we were probably looking forward to next week. (Just being honest) I'm actually very optimistic about tonight. The team needed that win. A loss would have been a disaster to this season. But this might just spring board us to something special.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
601Gator;n49911 said:
Lol wow at all of the negative posts. Teams have to win games like this in order to win championships. You have to fight through adversity. I'm honestly surprised at all of the negativity, even though I guess I shouldn't be. Was it ugly? Sure it was. Was it a win? You're damn right. Kentucky is a talented football team, that had been hearing about 27 in a row all week, and we were probably looking forward to next week. (Just being honest) I'm actually very optimistic about tonight. The team needed that win. A loss would have been a disaster to this season. But this might just spring board us to something special.

Good post!

The world didn't end tonight!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. Most teams that have really successful seasons have a game like this. Like we did in 2008 with Ole Miss (except we lost that one). Hell even Awwburn won two fluke games last year against Bama and GA that propelled them into the MNC.

Kids played their hearts out. I just haven't trusted Driskel in clutch situations. Then he delivers that DR TD as the play clock expires on 4th down. So, who knows?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff played a pretty good second half. I was about ready to drop a rock on his head in the first half. I was told that Jeff got banged up pretty good on one of the hits he took, right after he threw the ball. I wonder if that's why he didn't ruin much. Certainly, Roper saw that Jeff had nothing but green in front of him numerous times. I'm sure he would have told Jeff to keep the ball some, unless, he was really hurting. We just have to quit making stupid mistakes. Pittman droping that pass in the first quarter seemed to start the self-inflicted damages. Where the heck was Showers?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n49921 said:
Maybe. Most teams that have really successful seasons have a game like this. Like we did in 2008 with Ole Miss (except we lost that one). Hell even Awwburn won two fluke games last year against Bama and GA that propelled them into the MNC.

Kids played their hearts out. I just haven't trusted Driskel in clutch situations. Then he delivers that DR TD as the play clock expires on 4th down. So, who knows?

I think you are in dreamland unless the defense improves and we start winning games 2012 style where we won in spite of Driskel.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n49927 said:
I think you are in dreamland unless the defense improves and we start winning games 2012 style where we won in spite of Driskel.

You're probably right.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Gator Fever;n49927 said:

You're probably right.
I guess it was more directed at 601

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
tumblr_ll96pblPYp1qhis0q.jpg

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Go back and look at the wins from teams like UF against USC in 06, Alabama against UT in 09, Auburn against Mississippi State in 10, I mean the list goes on and on and on of wins against lesser teams that could have gone either way that saved their season. This will prove to be a HUGE win for us later this season. Watch.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
:lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n49971 said:
Go back and look at the wins from teams like UF against USC in 06, Alabama against UT in 09, Auburn against Mississippi State in 10, I mean the list goes on and on and on of wins against lesser teams that could have gone either way that saved their season. This will prove to be a HUGE win for us later this season. Watch.

Did we have a QB showing no field awareness still in his 4th season those years ?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n49971 said:
:facepalm:

You really comparing this team to those other championship teams? You REALLY believe we're that close? I love the Gators, but you have to acknowledge there are problems all over the place with this team, on both sides of the ball.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
oxrageous said:
601Gator;n49971 said:
:facepalm:

You really comparing this team to those other championship teams? You REALLY believe we're that close? I love the Gators, but you have to acknowledge there are problems all over the place with this team, on both sides of the ball.
Not necessarily comparing. Just stating that these wins need to happen in any successful season. Of course we have issues. We have secondary issues. We have a QB that can't hit the deep ball. We also won the game. I'll take it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well now that we've won and I've had time to calm down I think there are some positives that can come from this. I mean you can't ignore all the disapoinments during this muschamp era so it is alarming for Kentucky to give us a game. But at the same time they are clearly improved.And I think we are too. In the second half it became a shoot out and we were able to actually win it. Last year our offense was incapable of keeping up in a game like this. Also after a terrible first half driskel was able to bounce back and make some clutch throws. I also thought our run defense was very stout and hargraves is the best corner in the country. We also identified we have a legitimate play maker in demarcus Robinson. I don't have as good of a feeling about next week as I thought I would but all isn't lost and we kept the streak alive.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n49998 said:
Well now that we've won and I've had time to calm down I think there are some positives that can come from this. I mean you can't ignore all the disapoinments during this muschamp era so it is alarming for Kentucky to give us a game. But at the same time they are clearly improved.And I think we are too. In the second half it became a shoot out and we were able to actually win it. Last year our offense was incapable of keeping up in a game like this. Also after a terrible first half driskel was able to bounce back and make some clutch throws. I also thought our run defense was very stout and hargraves is the best corner in the country. We also identified we have a legitimate play maker in demarcus Robinson. I don't have as good of a feeling about next week as I thought I would but all isn't lost and we kept the streak alive.

Our offense looked much better last season in this KY game until we started just running Jones into the D line the whole 2nd half of the game last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator