Frost #1 on UF's list

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Frost has heard of Ox decided fck

Nebraska hasn't fired their coach, but has already sent Frost's agent an offer.... it's part of the business. You think we waited until McElwain was gone to talk to agents?
No they haven't

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Nebraska hasn't fired their coach, but has already sent Frost's agent an offer.... it's part of the business. You think we waited until McElwain was gone to talk to agents?

I'm sure this is true. Coaches likely recognize this is just how it's done.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No they haven't

you so sure about that? If you were Nebraska why wouldn't you have submitted the offer to his agent to gauge his interest? I know we contacted agents before we broke off McElwain.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you so sure about that? If you were Nebraska why wouldn't you have submitted the offer to his agent to gauge his interest? I know we contacted agents before we broke off McElwain.
Didn’t that happen at Auburn with Petrino? When Tuberville was coach

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Frost would turn down 10 million a year to go to Nebraska. He has no intention of coaching there. None.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
If they were gauging interest and he was interested, Riley would be thumbs out on the highway right now. Why would they give us the ability to be the only one seriously courting him?

So either he's not interested, or Nebraska is exactly what everyone says about them: classy and old school. They ain't shopping with a full cart.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Frosts "I want to coach at Nebraska" comment is from 2012 in the infancy of his coaching career. Things change. When the Florida job opens up, it should make any young up and comer pause.

There isn't much better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If they were gauging interest and he was interested, Riley would be thumbs out on the highway right now. Why would they give us the ability to be the only one seriously courting him?

So either he's not interested, or Nebraska is exactly what everyone says about them: classy and old school. They ain't shopping with a full cart.

As mentioned before other schools do this regularly... And Riley's agent is probably gauging interest on his as well. Most courting happens on back channels. I don't think we are the only ones courting him, and I don't believe it is just us and Nebraska either. Frost is going to strike while the iron is hot, and his name is the big name. He is a third generation husker, but I believe he goes where the money is. It might be his only huge payday.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What does back channel mean to you though? It's literally just u may be interested? Yeah? Cool. How far can you take that without being incredibly rude to your hired and staffed coaches.

Negotiations don't start til Riley is gone. And they are giving us a two week head start for what? Like I said the longer Nebraska waits the more it looks like Uf is sitting very pretty with Frost

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As mentioned before other schools do this regularly... And Riley's agent is probably gauging interest on his as well. Most courting happens on back channels. I don't think we are the only ones courting him, and I don't believe it is just us and Nebraska either. Frost is going to strike while the iron is hot, and his name is the big name. He is a third generation husker, but I believe he goes where the money is. It might be his only huge payday.
Whats ur gut tell you about frost? Where do u think he lands?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he goes to Nebraska he will never be a threat to anyone but Wisconsin. You can't win there anymore. They don't have the "free tuition for instate (football) players", you know their "walkon program" (for people who had offers elsewhere) PLUS 85 out of state scholly players PLUS that out of control steroid program. The rules caught up eventually. This isn't the early 1990s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.