Frost leads Nebraska to worst season start EVER

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
From the Athletic:

Nebraska has surpassed 450 yards in seven consecutive games, the longest stretch in program history.

It’s been quite a turnaround in recent weeks. The Huskers had 606 yards in a 54-35 win against Illinois. The previous record of six games happened in 1972, 1982, 1994 and 1995. Nebraska has also had consecutive 600-yard home games.
And yet.........

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've read reports that their strength and conditioning program was even worse than ours. I've also read where their culture was similar to Mac's. If so, it is understandable they'd struggle a bit early. Their defense will always be an issue because you can't recruit well enough on that side of the ball at Nebraska.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I've read reports that their strength and conditioning program was even worse than ours. I've also read where their culture was similar to Mac's. If so, it is understandable they'd struggle a bit early. Their defense will always be an issue because you can't recruit well enough on that side of the ball at Nebraska.

I would gladly recruit a few Ndamukong Suhs away from Nebraska for Gators.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I would gladly recruit a few Ndamukong Suhs away from Nebraska for Gators.

Nebraska hasn't signed a 4-5 star DT in 4 years and it looks like Frost's 2nd class will make it 5. They don't sign many 4 star DEs either. Those days are gone.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frost could get away with mediocre defense at UCF. That won't be the case in the Big Ten. He's gotta adapt.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Frost could get away with mediocre defense at UCF. That won't be the case in the Big Ten. He's gotta adapt.

Nebraska's last top 10 recruiting class was 2005. Since then, they spend most of their time in the 20s with a few 30s thrown in. Frost seems to be continuing that trend. It looks like he'll finish in the 15-20 range this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
how many good offensive or defensive coordinators turned head coach have we said this about? so few can actually manage to do it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
how many good offensive or defensive coordinators turned head coach have we said this about? so few can actually manage to do it.
Not many, though it's surprising sometimes who does. Miami, for instance, is ranked fourth in total defense.

In Frost's case, mediocre would be an improvement. The Huskers are sitting near the bottom of the pile at #107.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Frost isn't going to win anything at NU getting into these ridiculous shootouts. He has no defense now and won't have a defense next year, the year after that, or the year after that - especially with his collection of Pop Warner assistant coaches. Fortunately for him, he'll be gone in year 3, pulling a Mac to weasel himself out of his contract.

Those slobbering all over him now are the ones that are going to look silly.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The word "leads" in the thread title is at best a misnomer but I guess it reads better than "Frost fails Nebraska to worst season start EVER".

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska plays a decent defense today and only manages 248 yards of offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nebraska plays a decent defense today and only manages 248 yards of offense.

And Nebraska's defense showed up.

The weather there was sh*t, causing both offenses to stall. I'm surprised they managed the field goals in that storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator