Frost leads Nebraska to worst season start EVER

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I am surprised at how inept they look. Didn't see this coming. I still say it's early and he might be tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it from scratch. Also, some of you said that Nebraska is a dead program. You may have been 100% right.
You’re right. It’s early. No real way to judge a coach 4 games into his tenure.

Oh wait

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
The first rule of construction is to work with the tools in your box. (Note to Omar- he's obviously not doing that.) I still maintain that hiring Frost on the strength of his resume was a gamble.
If you don't have any tools or a box its hard build anything. Look at all these programs. Jimbo didn't care anymore(should've fired trickett in 2014), fsu ol is terrible, mora didn't coach or build balanced rosters(Ucla has 67 players right now), Frost is cleaning up a team devoid of talent. Mullen is still going to have to fix the problems caused by Mac, jimbo looks revitalized at TAMU but they still suck. UT is a dumpster fire like I've never seen, Moorhead is being an idiot not starting Thompson over Fitzgerald.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I have no doubt that his UCF roster was far more talented than those corn fed boys.

That's not true in terms of Rivals recruit rankings:

____________ UCF________________Nebraska
2015_________ 63__________________31
2016_________ 57__________________24
2017_________ 53__________________20
2018__________67_________________ 21

I think Frost's success had a lot to do with playing a schedule full of cupcakes. His big signature win was over an Auburn team that had nothing to play for.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's not true in terms of Rivals recruit rankings:

____________ UCF________________Nebraska
2015_________ 63__________________31
2016_________ 57__________________24
2017_________ 53__________________20
2018__________67_________________ 21

I think Frost's success had a lot to do with playing a schedule full of cupcakes. His big signature win was over an Auburn team that had nothing to play for.

They beat Auburn and I love how you try to down play the win. They beat a pretty good SEC team. And my point is that UCF roster was loaded with FLORIDA talent. ANd while it might not show up in the rankings...I bet the team was a lot faster than his current crop of guys.

Just MHO

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm sorry but Auburn had NC hopes until Georgia beat them in the SEC CG. Playing a directional school in the Peach bowl was nothing to get up for. How many times have we seen a lackadaisical Florida team in a bowl game after having our season's aspirations dashed.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Goes to show you, no matter who the coach is you have to start with something.

What is great for Mullen is he has his staff, FSU sucks and Frost is gone ...RECRUITING

What I have seen over the last few weeks is the UF Players seem to be buying in.

You get a solid line and a QB who can make quick decisions and we are GOLDEN

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’d rather live in Antarctica than Alabama.
Mountains around Ft. Payne?
Beaches near FloraBama?
Lakes near Huntsville?

And have you ever been to Trenton, NJ, So. Chicago, Oakland, Immokilee, FL?

And let me tell you, BAMA and TX A&M facilities make us look Div 2. Bama just renovated their Football Facility...AGAIN:ohboy:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, 1-3 Purdue is a 3-point favorite at Nebraska this week. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mountains around Ft. Payne?
Beaches near FloraBama?
Lakes near Huntsville?

And have you ever been to Trenton, NJ, So. Chicago, Oakland, Immokilee, FL?

And let me tell you, BAMA and TX A&M facilities make us look Div 2. Bama just renovated their Football Facility...AGAIN:ohboy:
Alabama is a sh*thole

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They beat Auburn and I love how you try to down play the win. They beat a pretty good SEC team. And my point is that UCF roster was loaded with FLORIDA talent. ANd while it might not show up in the rankings...I bet the team was a lot faster than his current crop of guys.

Just MHO

Well, I think that was the argument many of us made regarding Frost and Nebraska. No one has said he’s completely inept as a head coach. It’s just that he’s trying to implement something that won’t work work with the current roster, and probably can’t be fixed via recruiting because of his location. It was an obvious marriage, but a dysfunctional one as well.

And no, I don’t place a ton of value on his Aub win. As others have pointed out, that game is a super disappointing consolation prize for the tiger, and a Super Bowl for UCF. No different than gathering anything from ‘08 Utah beating Alabama. It’s not discrediting him. I just find that to be the least of his accomplishments.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
.I bet the team was a lot faster than his current crop of guys.
Then say I bet it is a FASTER team.

It probably is a faster team but almost none of the kids on UCF are P5 sized players.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NOLA loves Nawlins and Bama. Not sure if he likes Flawida.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've never been to Lincoln, Nebraska. Then again, I've never been to Norman, Oklahoma, South Bend, Indiana, or Columbus, Ohio. But it seems to me those towns are not exactly paradises yet they seem to get good recruits despite it.

I think Frost made a mistake going to Nebraska but I'm not writing him off yet. He's a good coach with a system that requires the right guys to make it work. He found the perfect QB for his system and integrated some of the guys that were already at UCF and added a bunch more through recruiting and ended up with an electric offense. I think he's going to have an uphill battle getting those kind of guys to Nebraska but I think eventually he's going to start having success.

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is a pretty state. It's the Bamma fans that screw it up. Have you ever flown into Birmingham on a Friday before game day. The plane reeks. Just to piss them off I wore a Gator shirt. It didn't go over well. But I'm old so no one tried to beat me up.

I just remembered a meeting with a guy in Birmingham not ten miles from city center. I went to his "home" a huge unique place built by a shipping magnate. Don't ask me what a shipping magnate was doing in Birmingham. I guess it was the steel connection. The place was huge and jaw droppingly beautiful, surrounded by acres and acres of pristine semi mountainous land.

There's a lot of old money in Birmingham. You can go for miles and see nothing but old Multi-Million dollar mansions. And of course there's the obligatory Mac-Mansion enclaves. The town demonstrates the ultimate separation of the haves and the have nots.

I always thought of Birmingham as a dirty old steel city which time had passed by. Wrong. I kept asking where are these big bucks coming from? Apparently it was not proper to ask such things. No wonder the Tide can pay for whatever they want.

Editors note. I have no idea what Tuscaloosa is like. I've never had a good reason or desire to go there.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see frost getting them back to where they were. I'm with ox, that programs dead. I take pride in watching his teams stink up the joint.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I see you're a diehard. Regardless of what everyone says, he's not what most on here thought he was.

It's crazy how much Frost is revered on this board. You'd think he was UF's prodigal son. Yet, Mullen is lambasted at every turn. I've said it since Mullen arrived and I'll say it again... Mullen is a damn good coach. And I'd choose him over Frost, Kelly or any other supposed coaching target.
You’ve been consistent on your Mullen luv, but I’m curious if you still think our players are “trash”? That’s what you called them isn’t it? And something about only expecting 4 wins?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Frost made a mistake going to Nebraska but I'm not writing him off yet.
I'm writing him off, and he deserves the scorn. He took a job he didn't want because he didn't have the balls to say no. He folded like a cheap suit under the pressure of jackasses like Tom Osbourne. Hell, Frost knew what he was getting into because he already lived through fan hell there, and that's when the team was actually good.

What he really wanted to do was stay at UCF. Instead, he heads into an absolute nightmare scenario in which he's supposed to be the savior that takes Nebraska back to the glory days, something that will never happen again. This one is going to end very, very badly.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I'm writing him off, and he deserves the scorn. He took a job he didn't want because he didn't have the balls to say no. He folded like a cheap suit under the pressure of jackasses like Tom Osbourne. Hell, Frost knew what he was getting into because he already lived through fan hell there, and that's when the team was actually good.

What he really wanted to do was stay at UCF. Instead, he heads into an absolute nightmare scenario in which he's supposed to be the savior that takes Nebraska back to the glory days, something that will never happen again. This one is going to end very, very badly.
Except, maybe, for his personal finances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.