Frost leads Nebraska to worst season start EVER

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I'm talkin football and developing his still young head coaching career. I'm not talking moolah. But since you brought it up UCF would have given him a nice raise to stay.

He can retire at 50 with $35 million in the bank. With his own island in the Bahamas. He’s winning.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
If you talk to any Nebraska fan they are 100% still behind Frost. They aren't delusional anymore they've been so bad for so long they are looking 2 years ahead they know they need his recruited athletes. Honestly I'd be more concerned if I was UCLA because there is no reason he cant win a game with pac 12 defenses.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I was implying an ACC or B12 invite.

If not, I laid out a significantly better plan b.

Big 12 is their only hope and they keep saying no. They don’t care about geography anymore and are just staying afloat. ACC isn’t interested. They already have 2 Florida teams. If the acc expands it will be for new markets and not many fit geographical that are worth it. Memphis? UConn? It’s no longer about the best teams but the markets. Orlando is a good tv market but that isn’t because of UCF. When they trend back down half their fans will dust of their big 3 shirts.

Same goes for if the SEC expanded to 16. They would target a NC school or something.

Edit: also forgot to say that unless you also bring something to the table basketball wise the ACC isn't knocking on your door for the most part.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He doesn’t care who thinks he’s s joke. He’s wealthy. He’s laughing at Notre Dame fans.

Bezos lost over 9 billion on Wednesday and Thursday. He has plenty, but I assure you that stung. We mock some of our own players who fall in the draft and cost themselves money. This is no different. Yes, he’s wealthy. But he could’ve had so much more, and would probably be enjoying himself much more. Not to mention if it cuts his career short or forces him to take a lesser job and work himself back up the ranks. Anyway you slice it, it was a bad call, money or not.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Bezos lost over 9 billion on Wednesday and Thursday. He has plenty, but I assure you that stung. We mock some of our own players who fall in the draft and cost themselves money. This is no different. Yes, he’s wealthy. But he could’ve had so much more, and would probably be enjoying himself much more. Not to mention if it cuts his career short or forces him to take a lesser job and work himself back up the ranks. Anyway you slice it, it was a bad call, money or not.

Bezos is not Bezos by worrying about single day stock swings. I’m in sideways on Amazon long term and I didn’t give a crap about Wednesday or Thursday.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Quit embarrassing yourself. He was already wealthy, just like all the damn head coaches in FBS.

Meh. He wasn’t retire at 50 extremely wealthy at UCF. I just don’t have any illusions that all coaches care about winning.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bezos is not Bezos by worrying about single day stock swings. I’m in sideways on Amazon long term and I didn’t give a crap about Wednesday or Thursday.

Countries go to war over 9 billion. I assure you, he cares.

But ok. How about Janoris Jenkins?

The point remains. Bad business decisions are bad business decisions. This one was bad long term. I imagine Frost himself would admit that.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

The point remains. Bad business decisions are bad business decisions. This one was bad long term. I imagine Frost himself would admit that.

Disagree
IMG_1171.JPG

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Frost is number ten highest paid college coach in the country. I just don’t see how that’s a bad business decision. Plus he’s home.
IMG_1172.JPG

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're undergoing a total redo in Lincoln. Takes time. Scott Frost is going to do just fine.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Frost is finding out that while it was easy to win at UCF with arguably the best talent in that conference it's a little tougher to win with lesser talent. He's also going to find out it's a hella of a lot tougher to recruit when all that talent isn't within a few hours drive.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Just glad he's not in Gainesville. He's learning on the job in the big time. No way we could survive that three times in a row.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bezos made back a big chunk of his unrealized paper wealth Friday. My calculator told me he'll survive.

“Once again, the communication process has broken down”

I’ve not implied once that Bezos was thinking of taking on a night position at Target. And yes, if Frost—in one day—made up for potentially tanking his career, than I stand down. The point is he made a bad move, and money or not, he would’ve been better served playing this differently, and likely cost himself a large chunk of cash. You make more money staying relevant and being a sought after commodity. Once you’re seen for what you are, or just what you appear to be based on circumstance, you will begin leaving money on the table. It’s not complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.