Fruhmorgen quits

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I read somewhere that his father indicated that he has some medical issues and is not actually quitting, at least not now. I also understand his mother is ill as well. Perhaps he is taking a year off to get healthy and address some personal issues. I do wonder if he is not enrolled does that count for the one year sitting?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that his father indicated that he has some medical issues and is not actually quitting, at least not now. I also understand his mother is ill as well. Perhaps he is taking a year off to get healthy and address some personal issues. I do wonder if he is not enrolled does that count for the one year sitting?

I believe it does count. There's no way he'll enroll at UF if that's the case though. 2 years of no playing or practicing and being a junior?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is a "counter" for the 25 per year limit regardless if they have had him on scholarship. Transfers, even GTs, they all count toward that.

Im at least glad he isnt Andrew Miking us for several years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BREAKING: Former Army All-American, Clemson OL headed to Baylor

https://sicem365.com/s/1560/breaking-former-army-all-american-clemson-ol-headed-to-baylor

Former U.S. Army All-American and Clemson offensive lineman Jake Fruhmorgen will transfer to Baylor for the fall semester to complete his college football career, SicEm365 has learned. Originally part of Clemson's 2015 class, Fruhmorgen will redshirt in 2017 before being able to compete on the field for the Bears in 2018 and 2019.

Fruhmorgen has been fully accepted into the University and is set to arrive in Waco on Thursday.

According to the national average, Fruhmorgen, originally of Tampa (FL) Plant High School, was considered the No. 120-ranked prospect in the country and No. 20-ranked prospect in Florida. He held offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio State among many others.

After playing his first two seasons at Clemson, Fruhmorgen opted to leave the ACC program in January and then transferred to the University of Florida following the spring of his sophomore season. However, days after arriving at Florida, Fruhmorgen would leave the program. SicEm365 has learned that he did not feel comfortable at the SEC program. He did not go through a workout or attend a class.

Now heading to Baylor, Fruhmorgen will provide instant quality depth for the Bears in 2018. As a sophomore, the 6-foot-6, 310-pounder started eight games at right tackle in 2016, one season after starting a single game as a true freshman.

According to Clemson's official athletic site, Fruhmorgen posted 13 knockdown blocks in 523 snaps over eight starts for the Tigers. He earned first career start at Auburn and responded by grading 83 percent while playing all 81 snaps. He also graded 91 percent and had two knockdowns on 66 plays in a win over No. 3 Louisville.

Joining Tennessee wide receiver transfer Jalen Hurd and Texas A&M defensive end transfer James Lockhart, both former four-star recruits, Fruhmorgen is Matt Rhule's third major-impact transfer to add since arriving in Waco.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bizarro. If Mac wasn't recruiting well then this would be more coals on the fire. If the class stays together we won't even remember the name. It is quite odd though.

Did he commit to Summers maybe? Can't recall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bizarro. If Mac wasn't recruiting well then this would be more coals on the fire. If the class stays together we won't even remember the name. It is quite odd though.

Did he commit to Summers maybe? Can't recall.
Transferring twice in a couple of weeks is a nutjob move regardless.

Ridiculous that he cost us a seat however.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Apparently the SEC is too difficult for him, after all perhaps the ACC was as well. Time will tell what is actually happening.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fruh-fruh quit, requit, and now Baylor need supply him with padded requitment if he stays.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

That hurt. I had forgotten he passed away this year. Damn.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
wish they'd just pull the damn trigger and get it over with :lol:
Don't we all! I expect one to jump on soon but we'll see. Long as we don't $hit the bed this season this class with be loaded everywhere but DT. Rumph is missing left & right AGAIN at that position. Smh

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't we all! I expect one to jump on soon but we'll see. Long as we don't $hit the bed this season this class with be loaded everywhere but DT. Rumph is missing left & right AGAIN at that position. Smh
at least one to get the ball rollin again on the o line.

are we really missing on the d line, or have they just not committed yet like the o line. Thought we were pretty confident on at least 2 of them :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.