FSU changes offense's name to "LETHAL STUPIDITY"

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
One game does not a career make and I am no supporter of Taggert, but I watched only the first half and here is what I saw!. At least 80% of the FSU offensive play calls were horizontal (sideways) BS. I know how football is played these days and all the talk of making teams defend the entire field (width included), but all this talk that speed wins has become a joke. All of these teams at the top or near the top of these power 5 conferences have speed. Execution, blocking, tackling, fundamentals, etc. is what is going to win games. You are not going to outrun your way to football victories against similar talent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How about "the grapel-rapel" offense.
FSU went into that game like they'd been prepared by McElame. Taggart may have some McEl-fake traits in him.
FSU players responded in that game like they'd been lied to, mislead.??

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
One game does not a career make and I am no supporter of Taggert, but I watched only the first half and here is what I saw!. At least 80% of the FSU offensive play calls were horizontal (sideways) BS. I know how football is played these days and all the talk of making teams defend the entire field (width included), but all this talk that speed wins has become a joke. All of these teams at the top or near the top of these power 5 conferences have speed. Execution, blocking, tackling, fundamentals, etc. is what is going to win games. You are not going to outrun your way to football victories against similar talent.

Yep. And horizontal doesn’t work with a crappy OL. Nor an emphasis on rap music and dancing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the FSU offensive play calls were horizontal (sideways) BS. I know how football is played these days and all the talk of making teams defend the entire field (width included), but all this talk that speed wins has become a joke. .
Yeah, most spread teams dont make you defend the whole field, just the width.

There are only a couple of spread teams that throw the ball downfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator