FSU gets TRUCKED; Taggart calls out "quitters"

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I think BC is the only team they have a chance to beat on their remaining schedule.
Agreed. NC State is away (as is Notre Dame). But if BC can play like they did last game vs Miami, FSU could finish with four straight losses.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
In reading about the backpack, it was the PLAYERS who wanted it, not Taggart. They liked the concept of the Miami "turnover chain" and wanted to come up with their own.

Do you think if our players came up with it Mullen would squash it? I do.
Did you see where Dan said our guys wanted to come out arm-in-arm for the MSU game? Dan said no, that's not who were are. He'd absolutely kill it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We've been through 2 shyte coaching staffs and heard this same crap. Mullen had no problem changing the culture in the short time he's been here. And he's doing it with CJ McWilliams, Fred Johnson, Rayshad Jackson, Franks...ect. This is pure BS. I hope they stay this delusional.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen had no problem changing the culture in the short time he's been here. And he's doing it with CJ McWilliams, Fred Johnson, Rayshad Jackson, Franks...ect.
this is one of the reasons I'm a lot less pessimistic than I was. it's easy to say you can change the culture. Everybody says it. Mullinz has actually done it.

That loss sucked but it wasnt a Butters special 4 quarter blowout.

I said that she really doesn't matter and it still doesn't. this was never going to be a championship season. no matter what you convinced yourself before Saturday, it wasnt.

In the end, Butters just didn't leave enough horses in the Barn. no amount of coaching is going to make Fred Johnson CJ McWilliams, Steiner, 29 Taylor, or Trash a division 1 football player. last week we just had to take our lumps, but I'm pretty happy that at least the caliber of coaching will be there, even if I don't like the usually conservative nature of the offense or whatever.

Next we have to go get the groceries. Fix it, Mullinz.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We've been through 2 shyte coaching staffs and heard this same crap. Mullen had no problem changing the culture in the short time he's been here. And he's doing it with CJ McWilliams, Fred Johnson, Rayshad Jackson, Franks...ect. This is pure BS. I hope they stay this delusional.

It is an absolute embarrassment that people are seemingly buying the nonsense he’s spewing, or at least not openly calling him out on it. They have a top 5 average class ranking over the past 3 years and are stacked at virtually every position. Their last head coach wasn’t fired after years of drifting lower. He left for a better opportunity, after leading his team to a decade of 10+ win seasons, top 10 finishes and lights out recruiting that kept the noles in the national spotlight on an annual basis. One bad season, largely due to an injured player who’s now back and 100%, doesn’t change that.

Attempting to make this job into some reconstruction project via recruiting is laughable. It’s pathetic that the media doesn’t have the balls to bring these facts up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It is an absolute embarrassment that people are seemingly buying the nonsense he’s spewing, or at least not openly calling him out on it. They have a top 5 average class ranking over the past 3 years and are stacked at virtually every position. Their last head coach wasn’t fired after years of drifting lower. He left for a better opportunity, after leading his team to a decade of 10+ win seasons, top 10 finishes and lights out recruiting that kept the noles in the national spotlight on an annual basis. One bad season, largely due to an injured player who’s now back and 100%, doesn’t change that.

Attempting to make this job into some reconstruction project via recruiting is laughable. It’s pathetic that the media doesn’t have the balls to bring these facts up.
I, for one, am absolutely overjoyed that people are buying the nonsense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Top 5 classes aren't nearly enough talent to compete in the SEC. He needs at least top 2.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mind numbing article from the local rag covering for Slick Willie:

Willie Taggart holding players to FSU standard in wake of quitting vs. Clemson
"While the film confirmed to Taggart and the FSU staff that some players quit, it was just a small number of players outnumbered by those who gave it their all even well after the outcome had been determined."

If this is true and they still lost by 50, to me that's a worse sign than the players quitting. FSU has too much talent to lose that badly to anyone.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to buck the trend a bit here and attempt to differentiate vetween two different subjects.

The first is Taggart's scheme, which leaves a lot to be desired. At least the results so far point to it. The second is the longstanding thug culture at FSU, which Fisher furthered with recruits like Jameis Winston. It was a win-at-all-costs environment. Anyone denying that is blind.

Taggart is attempting to fix the second while contributing his own dysfunction. That won't work. It's brought about an implosion.

FSU is going to have to decide which problem is worst and go from there.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I don't know why you are all being so hard on Slick Willie. If there is anything I've learned as a Gator fan for the last 9 years, it's that coaches need 3-5 years to impact a program, at least as long to build recruiting relationships, then coaches have to change the culture, which takes time so all the players should be to blame for the next few years, but only slightly less to blame than the former coach who is now coaching another team. Plus, even though that coach left a stacked roster, the program was broken and the players on that stacked roster are undisciplined, me first guys. So, Slickie had no chance this year (probably not next either) and FSU should not judge him (REALLY FSU, PLEASE DON'T) for at least 4 seasons because he first has to clean up the mess, "right the ship", probably build some new facilities, and get in his guys. Besides, who would FSU ever hire that is realistically available, and who would want that job after the last two coaches left in ugly ways (Bowden forced out, then a gang of locals training the next guy's wife, and him leaving for a team that has never won a championship). If FSU fires Slickie after just 3 dismal, depressing seasons, no good coach will ever take that job. Schools don't recruit themselves anymore and the brand would be too damaged. Plus, if you fire Slickie too soon, you'll struggle to get minority players because you didn't give the coach a chance. The only option is to see if Willijim can turn it around by year three. By that point the recruits will see he really is a program builder, compete with Bama for OL and FSU can be back in the hunt by 2022.

Seriously, can we send Byrd and his army to FSU boards to try to convince them of this BS for the next 4 years. It would help us more than we would ever know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread needs to be stickied. I should probably find some game highlights too.

Nothing tastes as good as Clown tears.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I don't know why you are all being so hard on Slick Willie. If there is anything I've learned as a Gator fan for the last 9 years, it's that coaches need 3-5 years to impact a program, at least as long to build recruiting relationships, then coaches have to change the culture, which takes time so all the players should be to blame for the next few years, but only slightly less to blame than the former coach who is now coaching another team. Plus, even though that coach left a stacked roster, the program was broken and the players on that stacked roster are undisciplined, me first guys. So, Slickie had no chance this year (probably not next either) and FSU should not judge him (REALLY FSU, PLEASE DON'T) for at least 4 seasons because he first has to clean up the mess, "right the ship", probably build some new facilities, and get in his guys. Besides, who would FSU ever hire that is realistically available, and who would want that job after the last two coaches left in ugly ways (Bowden forced out, then a gang of locals training the next guy's wife, and him leaving for a team that has never won a championship). If FSU fires Slickie after just 3 dismal, depressing seasons, no good coach will ever take that job. Schools don't recruit themselves anymore and the brand would be too damaged. Plus, if you fire Slickie too soon, you'll struggle to get minority players because you didn't give the coach a chance. The only option is to see if Willijim can turn it around by year three. By that point the recruits will see he really is a program builder, compete with Bama for OL and FSU can be back in the hunt by 2022.

Seriously, can we send Byrd and his army to FSU boards to try to convince them of this BS for the next 4 years. It would help us more than we would ever know.

Every once in a while a great post comes along. Fantastic job.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

I realize this is a snippet but it seems in line with that which I have heard from post games. Who would buy something from that character? If I were a player's coach or family I would not trust that to be the role model. Good coaches and families have to see through that for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator