FSU hires Taggart; Oregon players rip him as liar

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You're delusional or on crack. I hate meyer but he's an all-time great. Let's just move on.

You can't argue with 3 National Titles at two schools. Well... clearly somebody can, but it is a baseless argument... he is one of the greats, the titles can't be changed.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’ve seen bold statements on here before about rivals:

-f$u won’t win squat with jumbo.
-kirby is chump 2.0.
-butch will never beat UF.

I don’t know much about taggert other than what’s been posted here. If he jumps to a new school every 1-2 years, he hasn’t had time to establish his players and process to succeed. I certainly hope he’s all hype and no substance. Mullen better lock up some big time commits quickly.

I’ll watch it unfold and hope for the best.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve seen bold statements on here before about rivals:

-f$u won’t win squat with jumbo.
-kirby is chump 2.0.
-butch will never beat UF.

I don’t know much about taggert other than what’s been posted here. If he jumps to a new school every 1-2 years, he hasn’t had time to establish his players and process to succeed. I certainly hope he’s all hype and no substance. Mullen better lock up some big time commits quickly.

I’ll watch it unfold and hope for the best.

he did 3 seasons at WKU and 4 seasons at USF. He is a good recruiter and a decent head coach. He really is Jimbo at a cheaper cost. His final season with them teams that had no business in the ball game hung around, including beating Muschamp's first cocks team in their bowl by 7 in OT.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I seem to recall Urban developing a severe case of gloxus of the conoxus almost immediately after the loss to Bama in the 2009 champioship game. I'm a seriously deranged old fart, no doubt about it. But if Urb didn't bail because he couldn't stand the stress of coaching in the SEC, I'm even crazier than I thought. No, I fear the poor soul was just too high strung. The strain was more than he could bear.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Back to Mullen for a second. He was the OC from 05-08. He may not have been the reason for our titles but he played a big role. My next observation, what happened in 09 when he was no longer the OC and was replaced by the Dazzler. It was an ugly year and we were winning games in spite of the Dazzler. With that said, Urban needs good assistants to keep it going. We can hope the DM learned from one of the best in the business when he was here last.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
he did 3 seasons at WKU and 4 seasons at USF. He is a good recruiter and a decent head coach. He really is Jimbo at a cheaper cost. His final season with them teams that had no business in the ball game hung around, including beating Muschamp's first cocks team in their bowl by 7 in OT.

Except Taggart did not coach that win, he was already in Oregon preparing for the FSU job :lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No Kidding. No matter how you spell it, Jimbo>Taggert, period. This is good news for us.
Where's the evidence that Jimbo is a great coach? He comes off as dumbass every time I've heard him interviewed. He's great because he has a NC with Rapeis? Cam won a national Championship too so does that make Gene Chizik a great coach?

I don't see Taggart as a major drop off in coaching talent. Jimbo's greatest feat to date was convincing aTm to pay him 75 million dollars.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Urban's a dIck and he did have a breakdown when he couldn't stand the pressure at UF between having gangsters running the program, and getting beat down by Saban. But to argue he is anything but an elite coach is just asinine. In fact he is the winningest active head coach currently, and that's with 16 yrs worth of data as a head coach.

And here he was once again with a shot at another NC with basically a coinflip between Meyer vs Saban as the last man in in this years playoff.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
You can't argue with 3 National Titles at two schools. Well... clearly somebody can, but it is a baseless argument... he is one of the greats, the titles can't be changed.
JFC, no one is arguing whether or not Urban isn't a great or elite coach. But in TREX's 100th attempt to sh!t on the Mullen hire, he claimed that Mullen had nothing to do with Urban's success at Utah or Florida. I pointed out that with Mullen and Herman as OC, Urban has three NC's. Without them he has, wait for it, zero.

So no, my claim is by far baseless and rooted in fact.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AschoffESPN: Oregon linebacker on Willie Taggart leaving Oregon after one year for Florida State

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JFC, no one is arguing whether or not Urban isn't a great or elite coach. But in TREX's 100th attempt to sh!t on the Mullen hire, he claimed that Mullen had nothing to do with Urban's success at Utah or Florida. I pointed out that with Mullen and Herman as OC, Urban has three NC's. Without them he has, wait for it, zero.

So no, my claim is by far baseless and rooted in fact.

I agree with you that Mullen and Herman obviously have contributed to Meyer's success... but I agree with TREX that Meyer is one of the greatest coaches ever. You don't win 3 titles at two schools without being one of the top ever in your profession. To your point... he did it with 2 different OCs... that says as much about Meyer as it does about them.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm of the opinion that Taggart will do well as a recruiter. Main thing he has to do is maintain what F$U has been doing, which I believe he will. As for just how good a coach he is...the two important factors that will most affect this is the "Jimmy's and Joe's" (which recruiting will most likely provide) and how good a staff he can put together. Leavitt coming with him will be a plus, but his OC will be a big hire. I don't care how much he knows or doesn't, his staff will most likely tell the story. Might be a bad analogy, but as sorry as McElwain was, if he'd been able to trick a top flight staff into signing on with him, his lazy behind would probably still be here. Of course, he'd have eventually screwed it up, but I digress. The best coaches are able to surround themselves with the best assistants to coach the caliber of kids they attract.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I agree with you that Mullen and Herman obviously have contributed to Meyer's success... but I agree with TREX that Meyer is one of the greatest coaches ever. You don't win 3 titles at two schools without being one of the top ever in your profession. To your point... he did it with 2 different OCs... that says as much about Meyer as it does about them.
He killed it at 4 schools, every school he's ever been a HC. They just don't let you play for chips at BG and Utah (actually now you can at Utah in part because of Urban).

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

FSUownsUF&Miami

Banned
BANNED
Aug 8, 2017
I think iot's just crazy to talk about Fisher, in any way, except to be thankful he's gone from FSU. He was 7-1 against Florida, which some of you don't seem to comprehend. As for Taggart, who knows? But I do know that he'd be UF's head coach right now if they had offered him, since FSU wasn't available at the time. It will be interesting to see who turns out to be the better hire. If Taggart is, then it's just one more fact to show thast UF's administration is made up of a bunch of idiots. UF, by the way, hasn't hired a single African American for ANY important role in atletics. Not an A.D., football or basketball coach. They chose Will Muschamp over Charlie Strong, in part because he has a white wife and the rich racist boosters could not, and would not, tolerate that. Time will tell...but if Taggart comes close to dominating UF, like Fisher did, the only folks to blame are the morons that continue to run UF.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think iot's just crazy to talk about Fisher, in any way, except to be thankful he's gone from FSU. He was 7-1 against Florida, which some of you don't seem to comprehend. As for Taggart, who knows? But I do know that he'd be UF's head coach right now if they had offered him, since FSU wasn't available at the time. It will be interesting to see who turns out to be the better hire. If Taggart is, then it's just one more fact to show thast UF's administration is made up of a bunch of idiots. UF, by the way, hasn't hired a single African American for ANY important role in atletics. Not an A.D., football or basketball coach. They chose Will Muschamp over Charlie Strong, in part because he has a white wife and the rich racist boosters could not, and would not, tolerate that. Time will tell...but if Taggart comes close to dominating UF, like Fisher did, the only folks to blame are the morons that continue to run UF.

What a classic clown post. Surprised you could get it all typed during the 15 minute break McDonald’s allows.

First, the reason UF didn’t offer Taggart has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it’s that he is a BAD COACH, you dimwit. The guy has lost more games than he’s won - congratulations. He’s also clearly a low moral character guy, running from job to job and leaving kids and employers hanging out to dry. As a moron, though, you along with your other clown fans don’t seem to care about that. Your long line of morally corrupt coaches and players doesn’t seem to bother you at all. In fact, Taggart is a perfect fit for you.

Why don’t you scurry back to the fry station and let the adults do the talking.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Charlie Strong was just completing his first season at Louisville when the UF job became open, paving the way for Muschamp. Foley, even as bad as he was, correctly assumed that a decent head coach wasn't going to pack up and leave after one season. That had nothing to do with race, wives or anything else. Your post is nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.