FSU hires Taggart; Oregon players rip him as liar

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No worries with FSU - they have been great recruiters. He won't improve them in that area, they can only go down. And I"m still trying to figure out what everyone loves with this guy. He's going from Western Kentucky to FSU in about 5 years? You would think he has an Urban Meyer undefeated season he's riding or something.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo averaged a top 5 recruiting class not sure how he does any better than that.
Recruiting is about the only thing positive anybody can say about the guy unless you count winning 2 more games than the previous coach as turning around 2 programs. He's a joke.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Diehard clown friend of mine is not happy:

“Taggart sucks - what has he actually done? At least you guys got a coach (Mullen) with a pedigree and two NC’s as an OC”

No joy in ClownTown tonight

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@PCreighton1: If no deal can be reached with #FSU tonight, #Ducks coach Willie Taggart will reportedly move on from the discussions, per source. @sbnationradio

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Diehard clown friend of mine is not happy:

“Taggart sucks - what has he actually done? At least you guys got a coach (Mullen) with a pedigree and two NC’s as an OC”

No joy in ClownTown tonight
he is right.

I honestly can't think of a coach with more hype who has done less than Slicke Willie Taggart.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@georgewrighster: I was told earlier that Phil Knight asked Willie Taggart not to accept any offer from FSU until he had a face to face meeting with him. Hence, why Taggart may have just landed in Eugene. I'll get more details soon.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
@georgewrighster: I was told earlier that Phil Knight asked Willie Taggart not to accept any offer from FSU until he had a face to face meeting with him. Hence, why Taggart may have just landed in Eugene. I'll get more details soon.

Since Nike basically owns so many of the top college football coaching jobs, I can't help but wonder if Knight is making an "offer he can't refuse", so to speak...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Here’s the thing: Taggart has a hell of a staff at oregon. Oregon doesn’t give a **** about keeping tag. They want Leavit and Cristobal and the staff to stay. So if Tag leaves to FSU they will hire Leavitt as their coach more than likely , rendering the Taggart hire mediocre beyond belief. He’s an ok play caller, an excellent recruiter. But if he leaves after one year his reputation is toast. Loyalty? Not this man. He wants the next big pay check and you better believe that’s what Every school will be saying on the trail

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Only other fsu sports worth a crap are mens baseball and women's soccer. But neither of those are truly elite either. This sounds more like jimbo making excuses for wearing out his welcome.

They won a track NC a few years ago but lost it in the cheating scandal.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Calling Taggert a mercenary seems funny to me........ 99% of ALL Coaches are driven by the money, there is no such thing as loyalty! Saying it has to "Fit" makes me laugh. Money followed by Competition in my opinion. The Saban Rule!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As of 7 hours ago:
@georgewrighster: Next man up for Oregon.

Willie Taggart to be the next head coach of FSU.

It’s still #GoDucks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.