FSU RB Karlos Williams being investigated for domestic abuse

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Business as usual
1 Last week Carlos Williams was said to have a suspension coming, then fisher said he wasn't, and somewhere in all this his pregnant GF posted pics of bruising she said was from him. Fisher did his usual response. Rick Ballou, fsu grad, who posted on this apologized but said his sources had been accurate in past.

http://sfsn.tv/exclusive-fsu-star-rb...she-speaks-up/
this had pics, and a tweet or facebook entry.by her not sure it is accessible now.

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bo...ended-32302365

But wait. What's this?
Today my friend sent me a link from tallahassee.com which is interview with Meg Baldwin, Director of Refuge House in which she says protocol was not followed in reporting abuse to refuge house so they could follow up on a case back in January that the NYT had uncovered.. The article then goes on to talk about TPD and athletes. I have mentioned previously that Tallahassee.com had started noting TPD had neglected protocols with the winston case when it first came up last year. After 2 articles, about the time it went to sao, that angle stopped and the paper fell in line.. It looks like they have jumped in on the media bandwagon now, and the refuge house director is making the most of the high profile the FSU athletic dept has in dealing with athlete crime right now.

Got some eye issues right now, so I haven't read a lot of this yet. However, here are a few introductory lines

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/new...ions/17944601/

"Florida law requires any report stemming from a law enforcement investigation of an alleged incident of domestic violence be sent to the nearest certified domestic violence center within 24 hours."

"So when Meg Baldwin, the center’s executive director, learned a few weeks ago from a New York Times reporter about a January report of a domestic disturbance involving a Florida State football player, his girlfriend and their baby, she was concerned. The incident was news to her because the report was never sent to Refuge House. Consequentially, the case did not receive outside review and the woman was never contacted by Refuge House – as all named victims are expected to be, whether or not an arrest is made. “That doesn’t match what historical practice has been,” Baldwin said. “We typically receive incident types that are classified as ‘domestic disturbances.’”

'Beyond not receiving it, a lot more about the brief incident report troubled Baldwin. She met last week with TPD Chief Michael DeLeo and Deputy Chief Furuseth to discuss questions she had about the handling of the situation by the responding officer."

---

Baldwin is shrewd and a local attorney with FSU law and government network ties.
I think she knows when and how far to work the system., and being able to have a platform thru nyt outside of the local state system in tally ( and a contact) and then the ongoing publicized FSU responses to scrutiny has been extremely helpful , IMO.in making these things public finally.

Additional info- I added Karlos Williams' GF's Facebook entry on page 3 Very poignant.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wake me up when something is actually done. Is there any doubt that F$U/Tally is in the top 3 of the dirtiest run athletic programs/local governments in the country? Has been for 25 years.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure that they'll do as much as they can to derail the process and to blow smoke. One thing with this type of behavior is once a small crack in the case breaks with some substance the whole Dam will break. It will take a lot of time but once it does....look out. Dumbo better ride this train for all its worth. When its over he'll be done. I actually think the first major crack in the Dam will be when Rapeis declares and leaves for the NFL. And it'll be him that turns on the Clowns. "Yeah man, dem MoFo's had my back and covered it up. Hell ya we Scrong. Wen we do it bigh we do it bigh."

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meg Baldwin is laying cover for the Refuge House in a truthful manner. Without notice, they have no chance to get involved. I believe she is speaking up because there is a huge volume of incidents known by the local and campus police...Title IX investigators are finding that the extent of this problem is campus-wide.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Domestic Abuse
Pregnancy
domestic disturbance.... Refuge house
Filming of Sex with the Rapeist...

Buuuuuuut... these are just "kids" some would say... Don't you dare boo these little darlings...:lmao:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tallahassee is like Mexico, you can't trust anyone in any position of authority, the police and the administration cover up anything that will harm the athletic programs at The Institute of Clownology.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n92051 said:
Front page of ESPN now. I'm sure all the fsu fans are saying "blamejameis". What's the over/under on the fan base blaming this on espn and the overrated SEC?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...s-being-investigated-alleged-domestic-assault

I'm actually wondering, how long before they start throwing Fischer under the bus, and say it's not really a school problem, etc, but rather a Fischer problem.
They have their bait right there in the espn article:
"There's another false report, and that's amazing how things happen," Fisher told reporters. "Whoever has sources, whoever has rumors, needs to check who they are talking to -- because that is about as far from truth as there is."
Fisher also said: "It's funny. That guy, who's a tremendous kid, a tremendous ambassador, I don't even know where that [suspension report] would come from. It kind of caught me off guard like 'Whoa.' Karlos has been wonderful."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Chris Fowler went off on how Game Day doesn't have a preference to the SEC, due to the criticism this weekend.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
"Fisher also said: "It's funny. That guy, who's a tremendous kid, a tremendous ambassador, I don't even know where that [suspension report] would come from. It kind of caught me off guard like 'Whoa.' Karlos has been wonderful."

Dumbo at his finest!!! :bwahaha:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought Bobby Bowden was the king of defending obvious scumbags. Apparently Jimbo is his protege in more ways than one.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n92062 said:
"Fisher also said: "It's funny. That guy, who's a tremendous kid, a tremendous ambassador, I don't even know where that [suspension report] would come from. It kind of caught me off guard like 'Whoa.' Karlos has been wonderful."
:lmao::hehehe::lmao:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Counting down the days/hours/minutes/seconds until FSU fans start labeling Karlos' pregnant girlfriend as a jersey chaser, gold digger, liar, whore, etc.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Smoking mirrors. He'll still play. There isn't any issue here because Karlos told Jimbo he didn't do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator