FSU RB Karlos Williams being investigated for domestic abuse

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n93217 said:
The "Kids" with 3 kids of their own must have loaded parents... God knows infants are expensive
Great, so the cycle will continue three times over. The future is not bright

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Its confounding to me that she would post images on social media that depict her being a victim of abuse in the first place. Whats the point if your not going to pursue it with the law? To get attention? Not the kind of attention I would want. I believe Social media will be the downfall of our society. Humans are too stupid to use it responsibly.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n93479 said:
Its confounding to me that she would post images on social media that depict her being a victim of abuse in the first place. Whats the point if your not going to pursue it with the law? To get attention? Not the kind of attention I would want. I believe Social media will be the downfall of our society. Humans are too stupid to use it responsibly.
Why would someone go on national television to find out who is their baby daddy? Simple answer, a lot of dumb people in the world. And these idiots produced three more who won't be far behind

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Side question: Should universities pull scholarships from students that refuse to cooperate with law enforcement in criminal matters?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n93504 said:
Side question: Should universities pull scholarships from students that refuse to cooperate with law enforcement in criminal matters?

Not imo - its infringing on their basic rights. Its bad enough what universities can get away with in those University Kangaroo Courts.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n93530 said:
Not imo - its infringing on their basic rights. Its bad enough what universities can get away with in those University Kangaroo Courts.

Agreed.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so convinced that the answer should be no. Those kids get a hell of a lot of perks and benefits that any other college student isnt afforded or privy too. The school gives them a free education, tutors, free food and lodging, etc and a platform to showcase their abilities to persons interested in paying them millions a few years down the road. I would think that with that level of support and provided opportunity there should be a level of transparency and accountability along with it. It's not as if these kids have a right to play scholarship football or get all these perks. It's a priveledge and one I think many take too lightly. Wouldn't bother me if a university told someone like Williams or Winston that if they lawyer up and refuse to cooperate with law enforcement investigations over felony acts, that they can find their own way to pay for school. I'd feel the same if Treon lawyered up and refused to cooperate.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n93546 said:
I'm not so convinced that the answer should be no. Those kids get a hell of a lot of perks and benefits that any other college student isnt afforded or privy too. The school gives them a free education, tutors, free food and lodging, etc and a platform to showcase their abilities to persons interested in paying them millions a few years down the road. I would think that with that level of support and provided opportunity there should be a level of transparency and accountability along with it. It's not as if these kids have a right to play scholarship football or get all these perks. It's a priveledge and one I think many take too lightly. Wouldn't bother me if a university told someone like Williams or Winston that if they lawyer up and refuse to cooperate with law enforcement investigations over felony acts, that they can find their own way to pay for school. I'd feel the same if Treon lawyered up and refused to cooperate.

Valid argument.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n93546 said:
I agree. The student certainly retains any and all legal rights, but that doesn't mean the school has to keep paying for him or her to attend there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n93562 said:
I agree. The student certainly retains any and all legal rights, but that doesn't mean the school has to keep paying for him or her to attend there.

Bingo. I think it's ridiculous that society has gotten to a point where we should even need to debate this. No school 50 years ago would put up with this garbage, why should they now? It's pretty obvious if you lawyer up and refuse to talk to the cops when they havent even named you a suspect, there is a good chance you are hiding something. Is hiding information about a crime the type of behavior that should be supported by school funds? and by school funds I mean mine and YOUR tax dollars? Ridiculous.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://deadspin.com/cops-man-says-k...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
[h=1]Cops: Man Says Karlos Williams Set Up Pot Deal That Led To Robbery[/h] A man who tried to buy pot in Tallahassee and instead got robbed told police the deal was initiated by Florida State running back Karlos Williams, according to a Tallahassee police warrant.

Williams isn't named in the warrant, but police spokesman David Northway tells us that Williams is the acquaintance mentioned in its narrative. The warrant adds that the man charged with the robbery has a sister, Miranda Wilhelm. Over the weekend, screenshots surfaced of aFacebook post by Wilhelm, the mother of Williams's child, showing her with bruises, and police are also investigating an alleged domestic battery involving Williams. Wilhelm's lawyer told The New York Times on Tuesday that his client wants the investigation to stop and won't provide a statement to police.
The warrant's probable-cause narrative comes courtesy of the man who was robbed, Freightlin Cox, a 26-year-old FSU student and former Marine. Here's how he says it went down: An acquaintance—Williams—calls Cox one day in late June and asks if he's interested in buying pot. They talk prices, and the acquaintance says someone will come by to make the sale. Later that afternoon, Daravius Perez Lawrence, also known as "Gutta," shows up at Cox's home with the weed. Inside, they exchange the money and pot, then two more men walk inside while Lawrence goes back to his car, saying he needs to get change. From the warrant:
... as soon as "Gutta" left, the two suspects brandished handguns and forced the victim to turn over the marijuana he had just purchased as well as additional currency he had locked in a safe. As the victim was being robbed, "Gutta" opened the front door and told the two suspects with the handguns to "come and hurry up." "Gutta" went back to his car and the two armed suspects followed.

Lawrence is charged with armed robbery. He's 18 but was 17 at the time he was charged, which is why he's listed as a juvenile in the records. Williams isn't charged with anything, although investigators have been trying to talk to him, with no success. His lawyer is the very busy Tim Jansen.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n93504 said:

The athletic scholarships are for what is still, by definition, an extracurricular activity. As Larry Silverstine once said, "Pull it".

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
B1I8burIEAAD5ZZ.jpg

Jimbo took Jameis and the other players to Joe's Crab Shack in Louisville.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;93739 said:
B1I8burIEAAD5ZZ.jpg
Jimbo took Jameis and the other players to Joe's Crab Shack in Louisville.
They practiced at a park near one, they didn't eat there. That would be too perfect :lol:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n93731 said:
http://deadspin.com/i-was-shot-and-r...-fo-1563858521

wow, holy wow.... speechless.

**** Ok, editing this post... anyone that scrolls past needs to read this. It's flat out unfreaking believable and disgusting!!!!

That is quite a story. The victim is doing well and the criminal is doing...well, whatever...justice was served. I also agree with her on paying athletes. I think we should do away with athletic scholarships and there should only be scholastic scholarships. If you happen to be smart enough to qualify, and have some athletic talent, good for you. But you should really only be in college if you are smart enough...not because you can play a sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator