FSU's new player lounge

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Florida State Releases Photos Of Amazing New Player’s Lounge

Matt Lombardi

Back in early December, Florida Statereleased a video update regarding the team’s new “Player’s Lounge”, telling fans that it would be completed by the time the Seminoles returned from the Peach Bowl trip. It looks like the program delivered.

Friday, Associate AD Mark Robinson shared a number of photos from the new facility, which features a movie theater, a ping-pong table, an arcade and a dining area. It looks amazing.

Florida State is one of the favorites in the ACC next year – hopefully players won’t spend too much time in the arcade.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
row-of-white-prison-cells.jpg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm sure they used FL tax dollars, the freeloaders... All while calling it "academic facility upgrades."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is one of the top player lounges in the country. They also are putting in a new video board similar to Auburn's. They keep building while we're still sitting on our hands. Pisses me off!!!
Looks pretty cheesy to me. If some video games and a home theater are mitigating factors in your choice of schools you'd have to be some kind of a bumpkin.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
All students should have access to these lounges as the players are receiving a benefit not available to all students...an NCAA violation.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason they're kicking our ass in recruiting is because they've been kicking our ass on the field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So you think facilities are what gives FSU an edge?
Or is it the fact that you have legal impunity?

It ABSOLUTELY gives them a recruiting edge. A HUGE recruiting edge.

For the programs that can afford it, why not build these nice amenities? Foley has dicked around for the last 10 years and we are heading into our 7th season in a row wondering if we'll have a team that won't get blown out next year (much less 3 games in a row), or if we will have a decent (not great, just decent) starting QB, or if we'll be able to get to double digit points vs. Vanderbilt, or if our signing class will have 2x the number of 3 stars vs. 4 & 5 stars..... But yeah, to answer your question: Yes, that "players lounge" does give FSU a recruiting edge.....

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
This is one of the top player lounges in the country. They also are putting in a new video board similar to Auburn's. They keep building while we're still sitting on our hands. Pisses me off!!!
Really? It looks pretty average to me. If it's just for football players they'll will just skip class and go there. If they don't allow the ladies in there then it will not keep the fella's from running the street at night chasing tail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.