Full Mac article from anonymous players

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What is the best thing and worst thing about Florida football facility wise?

“That's easy, the Swamp. There's no place like that in the state and only a couple of places like it in college football.... The fans make it an incredible home field advantage. We shouldn't lose in the Swamp - ever!

“The worst has to be the dorms. I lived in Springs at first, then I moved to Keys before I moved off campus. When you're being recruited they don't try to play up the dorms. They tell us about how much money we'll be getting so we can get a place off campus. We just started getting more money [cost of attendance price was raised] last year. They [college football] just started figuring some stuff out, but for me it's a little too late. They don't make the dorms a big deal in recruiting because we all went on other visits and saw what else is out there. I got friends at Florida State and that's where we're the most behind. They call our dorms Section Eight Housing. Talking about the Hud Housing we have over here.”

Thanks, Fooley.

Last edited:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
giphy.gif

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
After all the Mac bashing, I feel someone needs to defend him a little and say something nice:

He sure looks better in Maize and Blue than Orange and Blue.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
After all the Mac bashing, I feel someone needs to defend him a little and say something nice:

From a fan's perspective: he at least won the games that needed to be won to get us to the SEC Championship.

By all accounts: he was a terrible coach and even worse program manager; but he did at least that right. Muschump never could, despite having equal amounts of talent.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
From a fan's perspective: he at least won the games that needed to be won to get us to the SEC Championship
As poor as the SEC East was during his reign, that’s like saying he had the skill to take a varsity team and win a JV league.

During his 1st year, it took OT to beat Fla Atlantic, another Bama beat down, and the First of Michigan beatdowns. It also took a safety against the Noles to keep our scoring streak alive. Mac NEVER scored an offensive TD against the Noles. NEVER!

In his second year, he gave the Vols their only win against us in 12 tries. Got boat raced by Arkansas, Bama, and the Noles again. But at least our offense, his specialty, was ranked in the top 120. Maybe if we had a long-haired QB that was not run out of town.

Then there was year 3.

He was as arrogant as he was incompetent. His lazy recruiting will affect us for years to come, and we are still trying to overcome his poor S&C program and lazy coaching.

Meanwhile, he’s selling BBQ sauce at the stadium, bad mouthing the administration, a toolbag to the media, and making up death threats (or, equally bad not properly reporting them).

He mailed in his job, and by doing so not only let down the school and fans, but his recruits he promised he could get into the NFL.

I will NEVER say anything good about him. He may have finished 2nd in the SEC more than Muschamp, but Chunp recruited, coached and at least tried.

Mac sniffled, bitched, and sold sauce. Screw him and Claribelle.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I'll jump on this bandwagon and also say something nice.

Jim McElwain is not a cannibal.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is the best thing and worst thing about Florida football facility wise?

“That's easy, the Swamp. There's no place like that in the state and only a couple of places like it in college football.... The fans make it an incredible home field advantage. We shouldn't lose in the Swamp - ever!

Thanks, Fooley.

And our last 3 coaching hires have had multiple streaks and records broken IN THE SWAMP!

We should never lose in the Swamp. Ever.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
As poor as the SEC East was during his reign, that’s like saying he had the skill to take a varsity team and win a JV league.

During his 1st year, it took OT to beat Fla Atlantic, another Bama beat down, and the First of Michigan beatdowns. It also took a safety against the Noles to keep our scoring streak alive. Mac NEVER scored an offensive TD against the Noles. NEVER!

In his second year, he gave the Vols their only win against us in 12 tries. Got boat raced by Arkansas, Bama, and the Noles again. But at least our offense, his specialty, was ranked in the top 120. Maybe if we had a long-haired QB that was not run out of town.

Then there was year 3.

He was as arrogant as he was incompetent. His lazy recruiting will affect us for years to come, and we are still trying to overcome his poor S&C program and lazy coaching.

Meanwhile, he’s selling BBQ sauce at the stadium, bad mouthing the administration, a toolbag to the media, and making up death threats (or, equally bad not properly reporting them).

He mailed in his job, and by doing so not only let down the school and fans, but his recruits he promised he could get into the NFL.

I will NEVER say anything good about him. He may have finished 2nd in the SEC more than Muschamp, but Chunp recruited, coached and at least tried.

Mac sniffled, *****ed, and sold sauce. Screw him and Claribelle.

It's fundamentally a "would you rather..?" type exercise at the end of the day in terms of which one was worse.

I won't say anything positive about Chump because of what a horrible coach he was. Yes: he tried, he recruited, etc...but he was terrible. Mac was worse in many (if not most) areas. But facing an equally poor Eastern Conference slate...he managed to get there a few times--Chump never did. That to me is notable.

Even if I despise Mac for all the reasons you mentioned and am 112% glad he's gone.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The butter teeth and the color maize do match nicely. :D
I do like the 'mac' smilie on here as I think it was one of his best responses ever (he didn't say anything). :lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We suspected some of this but talk about a program that got out of control. Mac was a complete bust and Fooley was totally responsible. Unbelievable.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Mac made a hell of a sandwich. The peanut butter was spread all the way to the edge of the bread. The jam was liberally applied and equally distributed. The PB&J was cut diagonally and served with a warm glass of BBQ sauce. The guy could snack.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The football team did the same weight training workout as the women’s volleyball team. Mac walked off the field with his wife in Jacjsonville laughing after getting curb stomped by Georgia. And we paid for this?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I still to this day don't know how Mac happened. At least Muschamp was a name that was floating for years as the next big head coach even if I didn't want him either. With Mac Foley just threw a dart at a map, went there, and then proceeded to outbid himself on a coach that nobody else was after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator