Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
FPI
UF 14 FSU 16 +2

SOS
UF 41 FSU 40 -1

Overall efficiency*
UF 9 FSU 19 +10

*Team efficiencies are based on the point contributions of each unit to the team's scoring margin, on a per-play basis. The values are adjusted for strength of schedule and down-weighted for "garbage time" (based on win probability). The scale goes from 0 to 100; higher numbers are better and the average is roughly 50 for all categories. Efficiencies update daily during the season.

Deeper dive
Offense Efficiency vs Defensive efficiency
UF 41 FSU 25 -16
Defensive efficiency vs Offense efficiency
UF 5 vs FSU 21 +16
Special teams Efficiency
UF 24 vs 97 +73

Matchup
Total offense vs total defense
UF 87 vs FSU 39 -48
Passing Offense vs passing defense
UF 56 vs FSU 35 - 21
Rushing offense vs rushing defense
UF 104 vs FSU 39 -65

Total defense vs total offense
UF 5 vs 39 +34
Passing defense vs passing offense
UF 10 vs FSU 41 +31
Rushing Defense vs Rushing Offense
UF 11 vs FSU 52 +41

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So does all that mean we have a chance?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
As long as this team is on the Mac train I like our chances

I found it interesting that F$U has the same SOS as us.
We have one quality win vs #25 Ole Miss. They don't have a quality win. We have a quality loss #16 LSU. Them #1 Clemson. But they have two losses.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Here's some more fun with numbers:

UF is ranked 8th in the latest AP poll at 9-1.

FSU is ranked 16th in the same poll at 8-2.

Mind. Blown.

I like they way Mac and the players are saying every game is a playoff game now. It keeps the focus for FAU, connects the FSU game and SEC Championship Game to the Four Team Finals, and helps them stay focused on each week.

We can take the clowns, but Bammer is set up to crush us.

If we win the whole enchilada, it'll be because our guys played the games of their lives four times in a row. FSU, Bama, Semis, Championship.

Tall order.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Game will be a defensive slugfest. Their offense may be a smidge better than ours, not by much. Our defense may be a smidge better than theirs. We will have to pressure with 5 imo and take our chances with Cook. Mistakes will be our key to winning field position because they have good kickers...Points will be at a premium and Mac will have to back off on going for 4th downs. Can't give them the ball beyond their 40 because their FG kicker can turn them into points with a couple of first downs. Not gonna be easy, hope the Swamp is the deciding factor.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Game will be a defensive slugfest. Their offense may be a smidge better than ours, not by much. Our defense may be a smidge better than theirs. We will have to pressure with 5 imo and take our chances with Cook. Mistakes will be our key to winning field position because they have good kickers...Points will be at a premium and Mac will have to back off on going for 4th downs. Can't give them the ball beyond their 40 because their FG kicker can turn them into points with a couple of first downs. Not gonna be easy, hope the Swamp is the deciding factor.

I dunno. I was thinking the exact opposite. Cook may be a misogynistic scumbag, but the kid can friggin tote the rock. I was thinking we'll need to load the box and make Tobey Maguire beat us with his arm. We had a hard time stopping Fournette. If VHIII and Tabor are on their game and limit their passing game to their wideouts, we should be fine.

Gotta stop Cook, though. If he shreds our D, it could make for a long evening.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I dunno. I was thinking the exact opposite. Cook may be a misogynistic scumbag, but the kid can friggin tote the rock. I was thinking we'll need to load the box and make Tobey Maguire beat us with his arm. We had a hard time stopping Fournette. If VHIII and Tabor are on their game and limit their passing game to their wideouts, we should be fine.

Gotta stop Cook, though. If he shreds our D, it could make for a long evening.
I think he's too banged up to be effective for much of the game, but I could be wrong. He got hurt early again last Saturday.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We took our chances of letting cook burn us last year. I'd rather us shut him down and take out chances that one of their bum qb's beat us. Maybe firefoley can shine some light on this. That's a guy that knows how to coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's a rivalry game so throw the stats out the window. We've got the coaching edge. mental edge, at home, at night. Unless they bring the swindle refs with them we've got this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.