Galaxy Note 7 Recall: Banned from flights

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, your defensiveness over this is nothing short of breathtaking.
Defensive? Nah. Just leaving facts for the world to read
:raysgirl:

It's not defensive to say that Samsung should have ( and still should) do more in regards to the carriers. They've left them twisting in the wind, and still are for the most part. That's the worst part, IMO.
Poor lithium ion batteries have been a problem in multiple phones and many other products as well. They should certainly be contracting quality parts, not cheaply made batteries. Overlying point being, the batteries, not the product, are the problem.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Defensive? Nah. Just leaving facts for the world to read
:raysgirl:

It's not defensive to say that Samsung should have ( and still should) do more in regards to the carriers. They've left them twisting in the wind, and still are for the most part. That's the worst part, IMO.
Poor lithium ion batteries have been a problem in multiple phones and many other products as well. They should certainly be contracting quality parts, not cheaply made batteries. Overlying point being, the batteries, not the product, are the problem.
Why do you keep saying the battery isn't the product? I don't have one of these phones, do you buy it without a battery and put your own battery inside or what? I'm sure if the battery in my iPhone blew up I would win a lot of points with you by saying that it wasn't a problem with the phone, it was just the battery.

The fact is that Samsung has simply ripped off everything that Apple has invented. They never come up with anything groundbreaking, they just take ideas already R & D'd by somebody else and copy them and call it better because they add a few more pixels or gigabytes or centimeters to it. Every one of their products that I've ever seen looks and feels like a cheap piece of ****.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Why do you keep saying the battery isn't the product? I don't have one of these phones, do you buy it without a battery and put your own battery inside or what? I'm sure if the battery in my iPhone blew up I would win a lot of points with you by saying that it wasn't a problem with the phone, it was just the battery.

The fact is that Samsung has simply ripped off everything that Apple has invented. They never come up with anything groundbreaking, they just take ideas already R & D'd by somebody else and copy them and call it better because they add a few more pixels or gigabytes or centimeters to it. Every one of their products that I've ever seen looks and feels like a cheap piece of ****.

Obviously you are unaware of the Samsung Note portable solar panel kit that makes the use of batteries superfluous.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:
4e600703fe2e7dafbdba34fc34d77209.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The batteries are an outsourced product within the unit. Samsung, nor Apple, make those batteries. The batteries are what is causing this, not only in samsung note 7s, but previously in iPhones, as well as things like those stupid ass "hover boards".
I mean, you do know that in this day and age we have the technology to narrow down to specifically what's at issue within a given product right?
When iPhones were having this issue, it wasn't the iPhone that was the problem either, it was it's battery, which I've already stated in this thread.

You're an apple user and you posted this? :lmao2:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously you are unaware of the Samsung Note portable solar panel kit that makes the use of batteries superfluous.

You apple fan boys are right. When it happens with iPhone, there is no problem. When it happens with Samsung, well the whole company is a piece of ****. Smh.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hear the original name for the phone was "Galactic Piece of ****" but for brevity they shortened it to Galaxy.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear the original name for the phone was "Galactic Piece of ****" but for brevity they shortened it to Galaxy.
Looming over all this concern in the case of the missing MH370. And while there are a litany of theories about the plane's fate, some much more plausible than others, safety experts have noted for some time that the 777 was transporting an unusually large consignment of Lithium-ion batteries when it disappeared in March 2014.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The iPhone has a single button to push. URG has lots of buttons to push.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've got one that I can push

:ban2:

And the iPhone has at least 4 buttons to push :dance:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, did they have trouble teaching you to fly an airliner or does someone handle the extra buttons and dial thingies for you?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, did they have trouble teaching you to fly an airliner or does someone handle the extra buttons and dial thingies for you?
Yes, I have figured out all those switches and knobs and buttons and gauges after years of training. Pretty much the exact opposite thing you want in a phone. Unless of course you pride yourself in mastering a complicated phone. Yippee. Every second spent dicking with a phone to get it working is wasted time.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I have figured out all those switches and knobs and buttons and gauges after years of training. Pretty much the exact opposite thing you want in a phone. Unless of course you pride yourself in mastering a complicated phone. Yippee. Every second spent dicking with a phone to get it working is wasted time.
Wait, you think android phones are complicated? :lmao2:
They are phones, not rockets ;)

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder why they didn't narrow it down to just one button and a display screen. Surely if Apple can do it Boeing or Airbus could also.:stirpot:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, you think android phones are complicated? :lmao2:
They are phones, not rockets ;)
Try to keep up. I made a post about the iPhone having one button but I was contrasting it to YOU, not an android. To which gren made a post about not being able to master a lot of buttons, to which I countered that there I nothing good about having a lot of buttons to master. Now somehow I'm calling the Galaxy phone complicated. That's a stretch even for your drug-addled melon.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Try to keep up. I made a post about the iPhone having one button but I was contrasting it to YOU, not an android. To which gren made a post about not being able to master a lot of buttons, to which I countered that there I nothing good about having a lot of buttons to master. Now somehow I'm calling the Galaxy phone complicated. That's a stretch even for your drug-addled melon.
You're right, you didn't post this:

You like a phone made for a simpleton, we got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator