Games of our youth

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The answer to your question is social media! It will be the downfall of this country if not the world because of the stupidity that it seems to perpetuate.
Nah, it'll only be the downfall of the stupid people. Darwinism at work.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never did anything overly stupid, but I do have a fond memory of a neighborhood kid named, "Arty."

Well, not Arty per se, but his mom. Arty was the fat kid in my neighborhood. He claimed he had a problem with his "glands," but I often saw him at the Pic 'n' Save loading up on candy.

I guess his glands were hungry.

Anyway, one of the interesting things about Arty was that his mom was young , divorced and hot. I don't know how the hell she squeezed out a lardass like Arty because Arty's mom couldn't have weighed more than 110 pounds, and probably 5'6" tall. She had long blond hair and a killer bod.

I know this because Arty's house was on the corner of two streets, with a sidewalk along the busier of the two. His backyard had a wooden privacy fence around it, which faced the sidewalk. Well, if you rode your bike past the fence, you could see through the fence slats and get a pretty good view of the backyard - you didn't have to stop. You can guess where this is going by now, I think.

Yup, Arty's mom liked to sunbathe topless in the backyard, by the pool. Needless to say, sunny days saw me out on my bike, riding past Arty's house over and over again. I don't think I saw her more than two or three times, but it was worth it.

Walking from school to my mom's office I had to go past sorority row...from March through October there was at least one girl sunbathing and a few didn't like tan lines....

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The only thing remotely close to this when I was growing up was what we called the "sissy test" which was having someone rub an eraser on the back of your hand until you couldn't take it any longer. Left a nasty scar. Even then I wasn't dumb enough to try it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was an angel and never did any of these things.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The only thing remotely close to this when I was growing up was what we called the "sissy test" which was having someone rub an eraser on the back of your hand until you couldn't take it any longer. Left a nasty scar. Even then I wasn't dumb enough to try it.

This reminds me of the stupid thing where you bend your arm and someone rubs in circles creating knots in your arm hairs when you try to extend your arm back out. No f'n point, so I didn't do it (unless you include doing it to myself in my room late at night to discover how pointless it was).

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK - I see where this has gone. Since we're confessing the sins of our youth:

When I was 10 or so, my best friend and I would sometimes steal my father's S&W .38 from the nightstand. We'd put on masks on then go shoot at various neighbors windows. Man, they'd be pissed. One time, we thought old Mr. Drankencamp was asleep, so we shot out one of his windows. Little did we know, he was waiting for us and when he heard the gunshot and glass shatter, he came bolting out of the house. Dude was like 80 and scary fast for an old bastid. We made the mistake of running away together and not splitting up and he stayed right on us. We were panicked and he was screaming at us and closing the gap. My buddy Ted peeled off to the right and Drankencamp chased him and let me go. After a few minutes of standing as still as I could, I heard Teddy screaming. I ran off in the direction of the screams and came upon Teddy being lead away by the arm by the old man. Teddy's mask was off and he was struggling as they approached me on the wooded path. Dragencamp started screaming at me and dragging Teddy toward me. I stood my ground, raised the pistol and put 3 in him, center mass. A shocked and enraged look crossed his face and he fell to the ground, dead. Ted was suddenly quiet - in some shock, I believe. Well, I hope. I liked him, but had no choice but to put the last 2 in him - both headshots - quick and I hope, painless. I had no choice. I knew he would crack when his mom questioned him about the dead guy in the woods and why he was late for dinner.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
OK - I see where this has gone. Since we're confessing the sins of our youth:

When I was 10 or so, my best friend and I would sometimes steal my father's S&W .38 from the nightstand. We'd put on masks on then go shoot at various neighbors windows. Man, they'd be pissed. One time, we thought old Mr. Drankencamp was asleep, so we shot out one of his windows. Little did we know, he was waiting for us and when he heard the gunshot and glass shatter, he came bolting out of the house. Dude was like 80 and scary fast for an old bastid. We made the mistake of running away together and not splitting up and he stayed right on us. We were panicked and he was screaming at us and closing the gap. My buddy Ted peeled off to the right and Drankencamp chased him and let me go. After a few minutes of standing as still as I could, I heard Teddy screaming. I ran off in the direction of the screams and came upon Teddy being lead away by the arm by the old man. Teddy's mask was off and he was struggling as they approached me on the wooded path. Dragencamp started screaming at me and dragging Teddy toward me. I stood my ground, raised the pistol and put 3 in him, center mass. A shocked and enraged look crossed his face and he fell to the ground, dead. Ted was suddenly quiet - in some shock, I believe. Well, I hope. I liked him, but had no choice but to put the last 2 in him - both headshots - quick and I hope, painless. I had no choice. I knew he would crack when his mom questioned him about the dead guy in the woods and why he was late for dinner.
Jesus, you had me going there for a while.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I had a friend. He was crazy. Got us into a fight in Lake Butler with some crazy tall skinny AA fella. We were just 7th graders and the guy we fought was at least 17. Hit me in the head pretty good. And we got away just as the cops showed up. It was at a Lake Butler Newberry Football game in 67. Later we were all camping and this same "friend" starting shooting a 22 right beside the boat me and another guy were fishing in about 40 yards from shore. Scary hearing 22s ping off the water two feet from you. Now the end of the story. Same "friend" was arrested and locked up in Arkansas. He escaped and they could not find him in some nasty wooded swamp. They claimed he was some sort of wild survivalist. Years later in Archer he killed his long time live in GF. Got his pet rattle snake to bite and her and claimed that was what killed her. They found him in the woods with his gun later on dead. The claim was he committed suicide but some think that gal's brothers killed him. I quit hanging with him after 10th grade. He was an angry punk who had no dad but his mom WAS HOT........

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a friend. He was crazy. Got us into a fight in Lake Butler with some crazy tall skinny AA fella. We were just 7th graders and the guy we fought was at least 17. Hit me in the head pretty good. And we got away just as the cops showed up. It was at a Lake Butler Newberry Football game in 67. Later we were all camping and this same "friend" starting shooting a 22 right beside the boat me and another guy were fishing in about 40 yards from shore. Scary hearing 22s ping off the water two feet from you. Now the end of the story. Same "friend" was arrested and locked up in Arkansas. He escaped and they could not find him in some nasty wooded swamp. They claimed he was some sort of wild survivalist. Years later in Archer he killed his long time live in GF. Got his pet rattle snake to bite and her and claimed that was what killed her. They found him in the woods with his gun later on dead. The claim was he committed suicide but some think that gal's brothers killed him. I quit hanging with him after 10th grade. He was an angry punk who had no dad but his mom WAS HOT........

Damn, didn't know you could train rattlesnakes to "sic 'em.".....:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, am I the only angel around GCMB? Here's a game from my youth.
Battling-Tops_packaging.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tackle football on the weekends at Bishop Kenny. Some weekends there might be 30 guys show up to play and somebody always got carried off with a knee or broken arm.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
The answer to your question is social media! It will be the downfall of this country if not the world because of the stupidity that it seems to perpetuate.

Del, I take the contrarian view. Social media acts to accelerate the process of natural selection. Those intelligent enough not to seek virtual attention via self-immolation are likelier to live longer and procreate thus leading to a smarter populace sooner rather than later. Whereas those cretins setting themselves afire reduce general stupidity in the world one imbecile at a time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Baseball
Basketball
Football
Hockey
More hockey
Still more hockey
Beating the crap out of each other just because

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, it'll only be the downfall of the stupid people. Darwinism at work.
So, you're saying that about 90% of humanity between the ages of 10-30 we be wiped out. Got it!
Kill the carrier? We called that "smear the queer".
They're not allowed to call it smear the queer anymore. That's not politically correct. Just like we can't call ding dong ditch by the originally acceptable name anymore for the same reason. Damn sissies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Smear the queer was one of my favorites, played it at school all the time.

At home bc I lived in a neighborhood with a lot of woods, trails and lakes, we would wait till dusk, put on all black attire and play foxes and hounds late into the night on weekends. Lots of great memories.

Spin the bottle and 3 minutes in heaven were also consensus favs when the hot girls from the neighborhood were around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator