Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: #1 overall seed

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well as our resident baseball expert DZ so eloquently said last year, we might play better not being the #1 overall seed, and lo and behold he was spot on, as we had been to Omaha with better teams as the #1 seed and fallen flat. Well we find ourselves the #1 overall seed again, tho we seem to be limping into the tourney this year, mentally and physically. We host Columbia this Friday. #2 seed Jax plays #3 seed FAU. We have played both Jax and FAU this year so we are quite familiar with them, but we never face them during the regular season with our top starting pitchers, so I think this is a nice setup for us.

If we get thru the regional we will host the winner of the NC ST. regional, the #16 seed, which also features Auburn as the #2 seed, so technically Auburn would be considered #17, but I think most of theese teams are the same,

Hope for a good turnout and even better play. Go Gators.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That’s hard to believe. I can understand rewarding the team based on the totality of the season but the last quarter is hard to ignore. If the guys return to early season form, the seed will be justified. If not, definitely won’t make the CWS.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Our “body of work” was most impressive. We won the conference ship in best league in baseball, RPI and SOS was near number 1. This was a no brainer for the committee, and I fully expect to play Auburn in Supers.

The regional is actually a sight for sore eyes and could start the momentum train. Singer, Dyson..(I know) and possibly JJ will be ready.

Go Gators

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When you consider our late season slump came after clinching the SEC, and then the conference tourney is whatever, it's not a stretch to put us at the #1 overall seed. Need to ramp it back up, though.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
They just need to get Singer & Schwarz back, clan up the defense and get their focus back. Fairly clean path to Omaha if they just get back to the Gator baseball they showed the 1st 3/4 of the season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When you consider our late season slump came after clinching the SEC, and then the conference tourney is whatever, it's not a stretch to put us at the #1 overall seed. Need to ramp it back up, though.

Yup. We put it in cruise control the last couple weeks.

Getting our ace back on the mound should change things, and hopefully JJ will be back as well.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Make it to Omaha, and an opening game with UGA is possible, first softball, now baseball. Intentionally done by both committees.

Hopefully Cowbell or Boomer Sooner will show up and put a quick end to this Chokeartist Miller slurpfest that has begun, like it does every year at this time.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder how much coach was getting young pitchers experience at the end of the season. If so that might pay dividends.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I sure hope this team can get fired back up and ready for this. Watching that last series against MSU and then the tournament was like swallowing a handful of horse pills.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
shrink_couch.jpg

Ok guys, therapy session over... time to Play Ball! Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.