Gator Baseball drops another to UT

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
The team falls to 20-11 and 5-6 in the SEC. O'Sullivan is coasting knowing there's still 9 yrs and $4.5M left on his contract. Another great move by the World's best AD ever in Foley.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I'm not interested in yet another bashing Foley thread, which clearly you are. But I am disappointed in their play so far this weekend. ut came into Gainesville with I think it was a 1-8 record in SEC play. They have now won 2 straight... On our own field.
:headslap:

Sully better step it up today and at least avoid the sweep!

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Is it me, or do we see the only time Omar post is when things aren't going well in any sport that involves UF? Omar wasn't around when UF beat FSU twice so far this season.
There are some of us who saw a drop off coming after last season when we saw several players, key players, get drafted.
BTW, we did sweep your Canes again.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
O'Sullivan is coasting knowing there's still 9 yrs and $4.5M left on his contract. Another great move by the World's best AD ever in Foley.
I dont watch baseball but the contract is 10 years and like 12.5 million, with, I think, 8 years left.

World's best AD. Im surprised none of the conferences wanted him for commish. Really surprised.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah he's yet another Hater and Complainer that ONLY shows up when we lose. Omar was NOWHERE to be found when our Basketball team made an UNLIKELY trip to the ELITE 8. Gators basketball goes from UNRANKED to ELITE 8 and he offers no congratulations because he is NOT a Gator but a GATOR HATING TROLL!! He is OWNED and DESTROYED!! LOLOLOL

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
omar_thewiredeath.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am a regular on here and not a negative nellie and I have to say that the baseball team appears to be in disarray.
We all know that they (much like the football team) are offensively challenged but now they they seem to have lost track of fundamentals of the game.
They lost yesterday because of little league base running errors and other poor decisions. I won't even get into the fact that they were playing without three starters due to "violation of team rules" (also much like the football team) which is very disconcerting as a fan.
I love what Sully has done with the program but I can't help but wonder if he is hitting his head on the ceiling.........

I know that most of you don't follow the team until they are in Omaha, which makes you the opposite of Omar, but I follow them religiously like I do all gator sports, and I am truly concerned about what I am seeing this season.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Not time to panic...YET..i actually would like to see us go through postseason NOT ranked in top 8. As I said before it has not worked in general for alot of teams as of late. I know we have some issues, but rather get hot at end. Our RPI, as always will get us in postseason. We lost in extras on Friday and without Liput India and JJ last night. Its baseball and we are actually playing "smaller" as of late. Still early

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I haven't been able to watch much this year, is it fair to assume the offense has tanked while the pitching has been good overall?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are last or near last in most offensive categories in the SEC.

Tough sledding. I hate to see this right after that ridiculous contract though.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Yeah he's yet another Hater and Complainer that ONLY shows up when we lose. Omar was NOWHERE to be found when our Basketball team made an UNLIKELY trip to the ELITE 8. Gators basketball goes from UNRANKED to ELITE 8 and he offers no congratulations because he is NOT a Gator but a GATOR HATING TROLL!! He is OWNED and DESTROYED!! LOLOLOL
fail. Just like your Sunshine pumping.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators pull out a 5-4 win to avoid the sweep.....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I dont watch baseball but the contract is 10 years and like 12.5 million, with, I think, 8 years left.

World's best AD. Im surprised none of the conferences wanted him for commish. Really surprised.

I went to some of all three games and was totally disgusted by the entire play of the team. Suspensions aside, this team is playing flat out awful. Very seldom gets a guy home to score from 3rd base and less than 2 outs. Horrible base running all weekend. I sometimes wonder if Sully practices fundamentals at all. But in fairness to Sully, the coaches of our other 2 large men's sports do not physically practice the mental aspects of the game, so why should Sully? The bullpen is absolutely horrendous, so if Faedo, Singer and Kowar do not pitch lights out, this team has no chance. Hell UT struck out 18 times Friday nite and still won the game. No disrespect here, but when Ryan Larson is your best hitter, that says it all. Sully has again displayed his inability to manufacture runs this season and we have discussed that ad nauseum. I am now convinced that Sully is good enough to get us there b/c of starting pitching alone, but on the big stage, we will never be fundamentally sound enough to get over the top.

And lastly, to make the weekend a complete debacle, who did I walk past while leaving Sunday's game? Yes that is right, none other than FOOLEY himself, disguised in a floppy rain hat and sunglasses, not wanting to be recognized. I thought he retired so just leave already!!!!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
FIFY

And yes, our coach who took us to the Elite 8 does not have the team practice the fundamentals :facepalm:

As I mentioned in the thread about Cover 2's recovery, people read things as they want to. I said that neither Butters or Mike appear to physically practice the mental aspects of the game, and did not say fundamentals. You are correct that both Butters and Mike's teams are not fundamentally sound in some areas, but my specific post cited mental aspects, not fundamentals.. Fundamentals and the mental aspects of the game are two separate things, but I thank you for misconstruing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator