Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF vs. Vanderbilt

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Second ranked Florida plays host this weekend to Eighth ranked Vandy. UF is 4-2 in the SEC and is coming off taking 2 of 3 from then 4th ranked Arkansas last weekend at the MAC and a 1-0 victory on Tuesday nite against the CLOWNS :nole: in Jax. Vandy is 5-1 in the SEC and played host to LSU last weekend. Vandy usually sports strong pitching and defense and this should be another great series at the Mac. Friday at 6:30pm, Sat. and Sun at noon. Friday weather could be iffy so perhaps a double header might be in store this weekend? Go Gators!!!!

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Rain might mess with the Friday night game. Softball has already moved their Friday doubleheader to 10am & noon. Supposed to rain In G'ville from about noon-7pm.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Rain might mess with the Friday night game. Softball has already moved their Friday doubleheader to 10am & noon. Supposed to rain In G'ville from about noon-7pm.
Last time baseball rescheduled their game and softball didn't; turned out to be a beautiful day. Probably won't get that lucky twice.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Oregon State just lost a game to 4-19 Utah. Not that it really matters, but if we can win the series this weekend, we may move back to #1.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Oregon State just lost a game to 4-19 Utah. Not that it really matters, but if we can win the series this weekend, we may move back to #1.
All that really matters is to be in the Top 8 at the end of the year so you host all the way through Super Regionals. The SEc is so tough and the Gators play a brutal schedule anyway, that being ranked #1 during the season isn't that important. Just win enough to stay in the Top 8.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Agreed for the most part, though now that they're seeding 1 thru 16, at least in theory you get a lesser team in Supers if you're seeded higher. Still a lot of season to go, they'll be at the halfway mark after tomorrow's game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from seccountry):

Another ranked opponent on tap for Florida baseball
  • The No. 2 Florida baseball team recently proved itself against then-No. 4 Arkansas, taking two out of three games from the Razorbacks last weekend, followed by a 1-0 win over No. 7 Florida State on Tuesday night. The schedule doesn’t get any easier for the Gators (22-5) as they now host No. 8 Vanderbilt for a three-game set at McKethan Stadium this weekend.
  • “I think winning a 5-4 ballgame on Sunday, a one-run game and then obviously winning 1-0 on Tuesday certainly forces us to make big pitches and it challenges us,” Gators coach Kevin O’Sullivan said. “When I looked at the schedule before the season started, I kind of knew that this was going to be a tough stretch. And I think you’re going to probably hear me say that an awful lot. The theme of this year is we’re playing another ranked team, and this weekend is no different playing Vandy.”
  • The Friday game is set for 6:30 p.m. on SEC Network with Florida RHP Brady Singer (5-1, 3.00 ERA) and Vanderbilt RHP Drake Fellows (4-0, 2.16 ERA) on the mound.
  • The teams play at noon Saturday on ESPNU with Florida RHP Jackson Kowar (4-1, 3.13) opposing Vandy RHP Patrick Raby (2-3, 2.19).
  • And the finale is set for Sunday at noon on SEC Network with Gators RHP Tyler Dyson (4-1, 2.10) against Commodores RHP Mason Hickman (5-0, 2.08).
  • D1Baseball.com ranked Florida’s Jonathan India No. 1 on its college baseball third baseman power rankings. See the full list here (requires a subscription). India is on a career-best 12-game hitting streak in which he’s batting .579 with 5 home runs, 12 RBI and 13 runs scored. For the season, he leads the SEC with a .430 batting average and .899 slugging percentage while ranking second with a .538 on-base percentage.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
(from seccountry):

Another ranked opponent on tap for Florida baseball
  • The No. 2 Florida baseball team recently proved itself against then-No. 4 Arkansas, taking two out of three games from the Razorbacks last weekend, followed by a 1-0 win over No. 7 Florida State on Tuesday night. The schedule doesn’t get any easier for the Gators (22-5) as they now host No. 8 Vanderbilt for a three-game set at McKethan Stadium this weekend.
  • “I think winning a 5-4 ballgame on Sunday, a one-run game and then obviously winning 1-0 on Tuesday certainly forces us to make big pitches and it challenges us,” Gators coach Kevin O’Sullivan said. “When I looked at the schedule before the season started, I kind of knew that this was going to be a tough stretch. And I think you’re going to probably hear me say that an awful lot. The theme of this year is we’re playing another ranked team, and this weekend is no different playing Vandy.”
  • The Friday game is set for 6:30 p.m. on SEC Network with Florida RHP Brady Singer (5-1, 3.00 ERA) and Vanderbilt RHP Drake Fellows (4-0, 2.16 ERA) on the mound.
  • The teams play at noon Saturday on ESPNU with Florida RHP Jackson Kowar (4-1, 3.13) opposing Vandy RHP Patrick Raby (2-3, 2.19).
  • And the finale is set for Sunday at noon on SEC Network with Gators RHP Tyler Dyson (4-1, 2.10) against Commodores RHP Mason Hickman (5-0, 2.08).
  • D1Baseball.com ranked Florida’s Jonathan India No. 1 on its college baseball third baseman power rankings. See the full list here (requires a subscription). India is on a career-best 12-game hitting streak in which he’s batting .579 with 5 home runs, 12 RBI and 13 runs scored. For the season, he leads the SEC with a .430 batting average and .899 slugging percentage while ranking second with a .538 on-base percentage.
1 minor correction to the good info. above. The Friday game is televised only on SEC+.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Any word on whether they're going to move tonight's game because of the weather?
Not so far and I have tickets. The weather channel has lessened the rain percentages and the severity over the last few hours. Seems the front is slowly breaking up so maybe they can get it in. Softball team is playing right now in a steady drizzle.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Not so far and I have tickets. The weather channel has lessened the rain percentages and the severity over the last few hours. Seems the front is slowly breaking up so maybe they can get it in. Softball team is playing right now in a steady drizzle.
10-4, thanks.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I was there with a friend and saw a solid game in very comfortable weather after the front went through. Start of the game delayed almost 2 hours and it didn't end until well after 11 pm. Sat in the great seats behind home plate and got to witness the wicked movement on Singer's pitches. He was sharp. Vandy's pitcher had our hitters off balance until he got tired in the 7th inning. Michael Byrne is amazing. Another nice win for the good guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator