Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF vs. Vanderbilt

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Damn, these boys are making it look easy against top-10 teams like Ark, Vandy and the assnoles. Sully in Charge

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Playing 7 games against teams ranked 4, 5, and 8 in 7 games in a week!!!!! and ending up 6-1. The Gators have an offense;(in one of those games 17 runs and today 8), pitching and a defense. If they keep their mind on the game, we maybe on the verge of something very special in baseball!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why did Sully pull the starter today after 4+ innings?

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Why did Sully pull the starter today after 4+ innings?
Dyson loaded the bases with no outs; struck out the next guy and then Sully played the odds and brought in Butler to go lefty on lefty. Got out of it with a K and a weak ground ball.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dyson loaded the bases with no outs; struck out the next guy and then Sully played the odds and brought in Butler to go lefty on lefty. Got out of it with a K and a weak ground ball.
Yeah, there was back to back lefty's coming up when he pulled Dyson.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You like a coach thinking and doing more in the dug out than spitting juice into a paper cup... Go Gators!!

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Dyson was visibly upset about coming out, but he had lost control of his fastball and had loaded the bases. One thing O'Sullivan knows is pitching. He protects arms and know how to use his bullpen. I like it when starters are emotional and want to stay on the mound. But one thing Dyson and Kowar have had trouble with is pitch count. They throw too many balls and run their pitch count up way too early. All 3 of our weekend starters are very, very good, but we have a ton of pitching talent on the team and Sully uses it as he needs. Pulling him when he did was the right thing to do, as Butler obviously came through.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dyson was visibly upset about coming out, but he had lost control of his fastball and had loaded the bases. One thing O'Sullivan knows is pitching. He protects arms and know how to use his bullpen. I like it when starters are emotional and want to stay on the mound. But one thing Dyson and Kowar have had trouble with is pitch count. They throw too many balls and run their pitch count up way too early. All 3 of our weekend starters are very, very good, but we have a ton of pitching talent on the team and Sully uses it as he needs. Pulling him when he did was the right thing to do, as Butler obviously came through.

I spoke to a guy recently who seems to be in tight with a lot of the scouts that are at the games on Fri. and Sat. Talking about Dyson specifically, he is still a very young pitcher regarding how long he has actually been a pitcher and has a great arm, but as of now, really only has 2 pitches. So I was told that if he does not have good command of both pitches, he can really struggle. Told he needs to develop a consistent 3rd pitch and also have better command of his other 2 pitches. I think he will make that jump next year, but if he can command his 2 best pitches this year, he makes for a great 3rd starter.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Oh what difference coaching/game management makes.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a word for that spit = ambeer. Tobacco juice is amber in color & often expressed into a drink can.

Ha! I had a buddy in college that would spit into coke bottles. One morning after a heavy night of drinking another friend who had stayed over woke up and thought he would finish off a half bottle of coke he found on the coffee table - he realized it too late and I woke up to someone puking in my living room.
:vomit:

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
I spoke to a guy recently who seems to be in tight with a lot of the scouts that are at the games on Fri. and Sat. Talking about Dyson specifically, he is still a very young pitcher regarding how long he has actually been a pitcher and has a great arm, but as of now, really only has 2 pitches. So I was told that if he does not have good command of both pitches, he can really struggle. Told he needs to develop a consistent 3rd pitch and also have better command of his other 2 pitches. I think he will make that jump next year, but if he can command his 2 best pitches this year, he makes for a great 3rd starter.
Most of our guys are basically two pitch guys, with Byrne being the obvious exception. Faedo was almost exclusively fastball/slider last year, as was Singer. Kowar was fastball/changeup. Both Singer (changeup)and Kowar (curve) have tried to develop a 3rd pitch, but I don't think either (or Sully) fully trust them yet. So you can be an ace at the college level with only two pitches, but you're 100% correct that you better be able to command them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.