Gator Baseball vs FSU

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
# 5 Gators against # 3 Nole
Fresh Nate Brown on Bump

Hopefully we can get back to our winning ways. Midweek games have not been kind but its FSU at the Mac. Gators dropped a few spots, but much better to peak later in year. Still early, but we need some offense guys

Go Gators

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What a great game pitching wise from both teams. Hope the young Gator arms can move forward from tonite as they will be needed on the weekends in relief against alot of good SEC competition. Now that the conference season is beginning, regarding the everday lineup, how do you feel about JJ being the DH only? I say this b/c after watching the fall scrimmages and the preseason, JJ is our 3rd best catcher, defensively, behind Rivera and Kolo. I can't imagine that JJ is our best defensive 1st baseman, especially after what we saw tonite. I am not knocking JJ, as he is valuable b/c he can put the equipment on if needed or play 1B if needed. But if and when JJ makes it professionally, his bread is going to be buttered as a hitter and not anywhere defensively. So why not have him concentrate on hitting say 90% of the time, and put a better defense out there?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you want about O'Sullivan, but he has OWNED Miami and FSU the last few seasons. Go Gators!

Agreed.
Each of the big three state schools have had a decade where they have dominated recruiting versus the other two.
Miami owned the 90's while FSU owned the 00's. The difference is Miami translated their success into national championships while FSU translated their success into early exits from Omaha.

I am just hoping that we look like Miami in 3-4 years versus the mirror image of FSU that we have so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator