Gator Baseball

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Took 2/3 from number 5 LSU, beat FSU, and won series AT Mizzo this weekend. Going for sweep tomorrow. Pitching has definitely carried us thus far.

Getting hot although plenty baseball left. Offense has been better but still early. I am encouraged by the bunting and run manufacturing of late. We Still stuggle with runners on and 0 outs, but playing better.

GO GATORS!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nice to win 2 SEC series in a row. Should be on a long winning streak but blew that game to LSU last Sunday. Very encouraged by guys hitting the ball back up the middle and on the ground. Seeing Singer go for 120+ pitches today clearly tells me that Sully has no faith in anyone in his bullpen. The relief pitching for the most part sux, and Sully has decided to allow his starters a greater # of pitches on the weekends than he has in previous years. The hitting from our top guys is now at least sporadic when earlier in the year it was non existent. Another concern is the bottom of the order can't hit at all. So when Larson and Horvath come to bat, they are practically automatic outs b/c they can't hit at all. I know they are playing b/c of their defense but we do need some offensive help from the bottom of the order. If we can get some offense as the season goes on, I think we can be a top 8 seed. But 30 games into the season is enough to see what they are and they are only going to go as far as the 3 weekend starting pitchers can take them. Just not enough hitting and well below average bullpen. I think Sully thought this was his year, but based on him letting Faedo and Singer go 100+ pitches multiple times this year, he also sees the obvious.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Yeah not sure about a top 8 this year but maybe thats a good thing. Try something different

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Surely, Sully recruited players who could play, both offense and defense? Put in some real hitters. Learn 'em their defense. Always need runs.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the bats come alive this team has a lot of potential. The pitching has been very typical of Sully teams.
Agreed, need the bats to get going. Our weekend starters are likely the best trio in college - bullpen is relatively young and needs to start helping out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb