Gator Basketball Ranked #10 by Blue Ribbon

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As someone pointed out earlier - a lot of offensive potential with this team; just a little worried about defensive commitment, but I'm sure Billy will be all over them in practice and the guys who don't buy into the D will see less PT. Should be a fun season to watch this young team develop. Go Gators!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think 10 is a little high considering all we lost from last year. I'm sure Billy will get the most out of the guys we have left. Looking forward to seeing Chris Walker's development. He could be special for us.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n62387 said:
With the senior class we lost and DeVon Walker being out for the year, #10 sounds about right.
Sounds about right for the end of the season for me. Im not sure we're going to be really ready to win some of the early season big games. I see a bit of a struggle with all of these new starters but a very talented team that could grow and be ready for a good run in the tournament again.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72 said:
I am going to enjoy every single day Billy Donovan is here as head coach, no matter where we are ranked.
You got a like from me and a +1.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I too think #10 is very generous. The team is loaded with talent, but can they play together and develop a consistent identity especially on D. I'm hoping for a freshman to sophomore Noah type improvement for Walker. Plus I think Hill to Walker on the pick and roll is going to be great.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Hill can develop a jump shot and Carter is healthy that helps a lot. We also get Alex Murphy once the Spring starts, so that should help as well. Obviously we all are hoping Walker with a full off-season is much more of a dominant force inside.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n62863 said:
I too think #10 is very generous. The team is loaded with talent, but can they play together and develop a consistent identity especially on D. I'm hoping for a freshman to sophomore Noah type improvement for Walker. Plus I think Hill to Walker on the pick and roll is going to be great.

every team loses players. On talent and coaching alone I could see us top 5. I'd say 10 is fair but there's no way gonzaga and Wichita st should be ranked ahead of us.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n63171 said:
every team loses players. On talent and coaching alone I could see us top 5. I'd say 10 is fair but there's no way gonzaga and Wichita st should be ranked ahead of us.

I think we may finish in the top 5, but we're not there right now, IMHO. These guys need to play some games together and we have a tough non-conference schedule to start things off (and we won't have Murph2 until after the Fall semester - which is a good thing for getting Devin Robinson some valuable experience). Man, Demontre Harris really screwed up a big time chance to be a significant player on what is going to be a very good basketball team. I hope he is getting his life in order.
I like the 3 incoming touted freshman and think all of them can contribute, especially as the season wears on.
Robinson could see the most PT because of the need for length (especially before Murph2 is unleashed), but Francis at 6'5" could also see a lot of PT for being a tall SG - this dude can shoot the ball. Chiozza will see action as well, being Hill's primary backup - he is fast, a great passer, and a very cool cat on the court.
This was a good recruiting class, but they need to bulk up and play their asses off on D to make the most of their freshman year.
I'm obviously optimistic.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n63182 said:
I think we may finish in the top 5, but we're not there right now, IMHO. These guys need to play some games together and we have a tough non-conference schedule to start things off (and we won't have Murph2 until after the Fall semester - which is a good thing for getting Devin Robinson some valuable experience). Man, Demontre Harris really screwed up a big time chance to be a significant player on what is going to be a very good basketball team. I hope he is getting his life in order.
I like the 3 incoming touted freshman and think all of them can contribute, especially as the season wears on.
Robinson could see the most PT because of the need for length (especially before Murph2 is unleashed), but Francis at 6'5" could also see a lot of PT for being a tall SG - this dude can shoot the ball. Chiozza will see action as well, being Hill's primary backup - he is fast, a great passer, and a very cool cat on the court.
This was a good recruiting class, but they need to bulk up and play their asses off on D to make the most of their freshman year.
I'm obviously optimistic.

That's kinda a given with Billy D. at the helm. :headbang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb