Gator candidates for leaving early in 2018

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Possibly, until Sherit gets healthy. Remember, Sherit was the starter there last year until he got injured. He is a true DE body. Zuniga needs to get over 250 to be effective every down, otherwise they'll be running at his side every 1st and 10.

I'm an idiot. I forgot about Sherit. :facepalm:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Never touched the ball?? Didn't he return the opening kickoff of the first game last year?

I could not remember whether or not he touched the ball on his one play last year but I looked it up and confirmed you were right. I guess I could have said never touched the ball from scrimmage. Still I am pretty comfortable with my point.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zuniga leaving at 60% is questionable. He's not even the starter.

Not sure why Massey would leave early. At 5'9 and 180lbs, his chances of an NFL career are slim to begin with.

Also, as much as we love Eddie, he's not even the best kicker in the SEC. I know, I know...blasphemy (go look up the 6'4 220lb, 2-time Lou Groza finalist, all-american kicker they have at Auburn). So, on that, I'd say it's more like 50/50 that Eddie leaves early (vs. 75%). Now if he has a monster year, then sure, it could happen.

I hope Clark & Bryan return. If they do, our 2018 defense has a chance to be incredible.

Honestly, IMO, Ivey and Callaway seem like the only true candidates to leave early....or at least to leave early and get drafted high.
The article was written by Robbie - I'm surprised you y'all are taking it seriously. As soon as I saw Massey at 90% I lost interest.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Robbie probably needed a paycheck so he threw together an article.....
Can't believe he even linked a gatorsports article to this board :shakehead:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I could not remember whether or not he touched the ball on his one play last year but I looked it up and confirmed you were right. I guess I could have said never touched the ball from scrimmage. Still I am pretty comfortable with my point.

As you should be. It was a tongue-in-cheek statement on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.