Gator fans are owed an apology from snobby sports media

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Have you reached sainthood yet?
those mofos have their own time table......do you have any contacts? Mom Teresa set the bar so high its almost impossible to get there from here now............
What can I say, those of us who didn't experience 0-10-1 just aren't real fans.
0-10-1 was easy. The hardest were the multiple times Vincent Dooby beat us to steal our for certain FIRST SEC title......
I can remember three times we seem to have a lock. SOS game in 66 ................. A Dickey game up 27-10 at the half and of course Lindseyfckn Scott..............daggers to the gator heart

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fat Tooley, Android, etc. are all worried about their precious press passes and first dibs at the halftime buffet. They can all suck a big fat one.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley did not know anything was going down until he read about it on Gator Chatter. He should stick to sucking at iPod playlists.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably. Even though he’s a gator alum, he’s been the most anti-gator of all the sports writers. Pathetic.
He was probably a journalism major, and as such likely got his ass kicked routinely during his time at UF.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Dooley and all these others losers didn't and don't know squat. Dooley's tired schtick of being clueless and then covering for it by writing a thousand "I knew it all along!" articles is bush league.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After lampooning Mac for what he is the last two years and being insulted for it, the truth starts to ooze out a little at a time, and it turns out we were right - again.

Point made, but I believe as much from these current sources as I do from the previous ones. I (try to) listen to 4 podcasts about Gator football during the season and I was getting really irked by Zach's aggressive defense of the coaches, especially the offensive coaches. There's been plenty to criticize. However, I don't buy everything that's reported now that 'proves' how terrible Mac was as our coach. There are few reliable sources these days in any media or news.

#trustfew #faiknoos

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Point made, but I believe as much from these current sources as I do from the previous ones. I (try to) listen to 4 podcasts about Gator football during the season and I was getting really irked by Zach's aggressive defense of the coaches, especially the offensive coaches. There's been plenty to criticize. However, I don't buy everything that's reported now that 'proves' how terrible Mac was as our coach. There are few reliable sources these days in any media or news.

#trustfew #faiknoos
Mac was fired, we know that. And we also know it was for "more than wins and losses". I think there's more to his laziness and incompetence than has even been reported. I actually think the truth is far worse than we even know.

However, I see you continue to defend him even after he's canned. You just can't help it, you love you some Mac.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The more a coach sucks, the more Coach likes him.
Now this is not true. I love the team and the program. Back in the Graves and Dickey years I could tell you who a player was just by their # or even how they walked. I was obsessed by the gators. If rufus doofus was the coach he was OUR coach. We lived and died with the team (mostly died) until SOS showed up and then it was fireworks and joy for a long time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If rufus doofus was the coach he was OUR coach.

Therein lies the problem.

I was around for Dickey. Believe me, the fans were even more vocal about getting rid of him than McElwain. Just about every game had a "Fire Dickey!" plane flying overhead. Hell, he was resoundingly booed at Gator Growl when he got up to introduce the seniors and stormed off the stage.

It's because you love the team that you shouldn't accept horrible coaching.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was fired, we know that. And we also know it was for "more than wins and losses". I think there's more to his laziness and incompetence than has even been reported. I actually think the truth is far worse than we even know.

However, I see you continue to defend him even after he's canned. You just can't help it, you love you some Mac.

I'm glad he was fired. I'll challenge you again to find a post where I promoted him in the last 12 months. I disagree with people going overboard, making up :kiffin:, or laying blame for which they aren't responsible on someone. I've liked and quoted SoFla several times when he's said that we've got enough to be mad at Mac about without making up :kiffin: or blaming him for stuff that he's not to blame for.

Again, it's easier for you to strap a narrative on me that you and the other monkeys around here (no offense Zambo and Cooter) can play with.

I haven't 'loved' Mac and I haven't been enthusiastic about him for a long time.

:byebye:

...but you're still my favorite poster.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad he was fired. I'll challenge you again to find a post where I promoted him in the last 12 months. I disagree with people going overboard, making up :kiffin:, or laying blame for which they aren't responsible on someone. I've liked and quoted SoFla several times when he's said that we've got enough to be mad at Mac about without making up :kiffin: or blaming him for stuff that he's not to blame for.

Again, it's easier for you to strap a narrative on me that you and the other monkeys around here (no offense Zambo and Cooter) can play with.

I haven't 'loved' Mac and I haven't been enthusiastic about him for a long time.

:byebye:

...but you're still my favorite poster.
Do you have proof any of the accusations are made up? Why would assume they are?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you have proof any of the accusations are made up? Why would assume they are?

giphy.gif

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
I don't care what mac's record was. If you watched only one gator game with him as the HC you walked away thinking, "good lord that's an awful team." Worse, that thought would occur no matter which game, and which season you watched. The 2.5 years under mac was some of the absolute worst football I have ever seen; and I've watched teams like Rutgers and Kansas play.

With the exception of the Ole miss 2015 game and 2016 Kentucky game, everything else was a massive sh*t show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator