Gator player tips in FSU's final shot to lose at buzzer

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;140033 said:
Kurtz shouldn't see the floor for the next five games. Let him think about just how flat out stupid he was. You don't even see **** like that in JV middle school ball.
Because any middle schooler that can get that close to the rim is on the varsity team? :dunno:

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
hey man; nice shot

[video=youtube;o9mJ82x_l-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E[/video]

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I missed the game due to personal issues and based on the comments, I'm glad I missed it.

Some of your comments are down right funny but I know you are really hurting right now... but we will get better (I hope) and life goes on.

I was always taught that no one play loses a game and I think that applies here.

Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n140033 said:
Kurtz shouldn't see the floor for the next five games. Let him think about just how flat out stupid he was. You don't even see **** like that in JV middle school ball.

41n+kyvvkKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014

Kurtz plays his ass off every moment of every game. He overachieves every second he's out on that court. It was a lousy, boneheaded mistake, but he's earned--and continues to earn--every minute of playing time he's gotten this year. He's the least athletic, least talented player out there, but his commitment to the team and to hustling his azz off is something this team needs to embrace and embody going forward.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStompin';n140069 said:
Kurtz plays his ass off every moment of every game. He overachieves every second he's out on that court. It was a lousy, boneheaded mistake, but he's earned--and continues to earn--every minute of playing time he's gotten this year. He's the least athletic, least talented player out there, but his commitment to the team and to hustling his azz off is something this team needs to embrace and embody going forward.

He's also the only white player on the court 85% of the time. That has to amount for something, right?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kurtz also snagged the net prior to his tip in. Why wasn't that goal tending?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are a sloppy, non-sequential team that doesn't have any chemistry. We have many losses ahead of us and won't make the Tourney. I too believe Billy is one of the best college coaches currently, but why can't we manage to bring in the recruits like UK, duke, UNC, MSU or Kansas? Just doesn't make sense. We are now a transfer, has been, school.

Dec 10, 2014
We all kind of saw this season coming. If you have a core group of players that sustain long-term success, then your recruiting is going to suffer. Billy's recruiting has changed since the '04s. I don't know if he's lost his interest or he's lost his mojo with recruiting blue chippers, but he doesn't seem to sign all the All-Americans that he once did. I feel like the biggest name recruits the last few years have been Beal and Walker. I don't follow basketball recruiting much, though. I could be totally wrong.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n140084 said:
We are a sloppy, non-sequential team that doesn't have any chemistry. We have many losses ahead of us and won't make the Tourney. I too believe Billy is one of the best college coaches currently, but why can't we manage to bring in the recruits like UK, duke, UNC, MSU or Kansas? Just doesn't make sense. We are now a transfer, has been, school.

Since when is taking talented, experienced players a bad thing? :dunno:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What you know about BB could be written on a napkin and leave room for War and Peace. Kurtz is our toughest and headiest ball player. He is the reason we were in the game at the end. He had position and the ball grazed the backboard and f'd up his ability to grab it. He was in position. You could not even do that again if you tried 10 times. If you watch lots or play lots of bb you seem some crazy sh#t. Kurtz is a great kid and deserves better than nonsense like this. We lost that game from turnovers. Transition year here and things will be tough.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n139995 said:
Haven't had a year like this since the year after the 04s left. I think we should have expected this.

Another thing: Kensucky. I hate to say it, but since that Slimeball took over the Cats have a stranglehold on the best recruiting in college basketball. Its hard to get the best players with what the Cats are doing.

I know its sour grapes, but honestly super teams like that are bad for college basketball, at least to me.

"Borngator" hit it. UK's operational style is bad for all of CBB. And we haven't landed a pure shooter/dribbler in years.
And so much for announcers bragging Kurtz just always seems to be around the ball.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n140108 said:
What you know about BB could be written on a napkin and leave room for War and Peace. Kurtz is our toughest and headiest ball player. He is the reason we were in the game at the end. He had position and the ball grazed the backboard and f'd up his ability to grab it. He was in position. You could not even do that again if you tried 10 times. If you watch lots or play lots of bb you seem some crazy sh#t. Kurtz is a great kid and deserves better than nonsense like this. We lost that game from turnovers. Transition year here and things will be tough.

All true on Kurtz's having worked himself into plenty of PT. His cumulative stats on gatorzone look like quite the
contributor. That missed shot probably was not touched by Kurtz's fingers and just bounded off the hard palm of
his hand. Stupid break.

Gators BB has many more problems. Transfer Horton is a main player, as is Alex Murphy. But this is a mediocre team that
will struggle to win against several SEC teams and will lose to UK-NBA.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a transition year due to the sucess the previous core gave us. It's going to take a while for this group to get their footing and they are still trying to find out the type of team they are. This was just a bad break, which happens in sports. How many breaks went our way last year, that we took for granted?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don't understand basketball if you criticize Kurtz for going after an offensive rebound with three seconds left on the clock and enough time for FSU to get a last-second put-back. It was an unfortunate play that could happen to just about anyone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n140123]You don't understand basketball if you criticize Kurtz for going after an offensive rebound with three seconds left on the clock and enough time for FSU to get a last-second put-back. It was an unfortunate play that could happen to just about anyone.[/QUOTE]
There was less than one second left on the clock when the ball got to Kurtz and not a single FSU player near him. He royally F-ed up the situation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140140 said:
There was less than one second left on the clock when the ball got to Kurtz and not a single FSU player near him. He royally F-ed up the situation.

Three seconds according to Donovan. Per Only Gators:

“I’ve been doing this for a long, long time, been in a lot of games, and I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. My heart goes out to him because he really tried to make the right play. One of the things you worry about in that situation, with three seconds, is a quick shot and then obviously an opportunity for them to offensive rebound. I think he made an aggressive play,” head coach Billy Donovan said after the game.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n140142]

Three seconds according to Donovan. Per Only Gators:

[/QUOTE]

WTF does Donovan know. We have our new Werner! Get him boys!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys obviously didn't watch the game. FSU had three seconds left when they in-bounded the ball. He had to move, turn, and release a long shot. By the time it got to the rim, there was under a second. Didn't you guys even watch the replay?

[video=youtube;mlf6XxTslts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlf6XxTslts[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.