Gator Radio/TV Sync, New Service from UF

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So I don't know if this has been brought up here so far this year, but I just noticed it on GatorZone. They now have a phone number you can call where you can listen to the radio broadcast and sync it up with the live TV broadcast. And if it's not the day of the game, you can listen to the radio broadcast from the most recent football or basketball game. So pull your phone up on game day, plug it into the wall, put it on speaker or hook it up to your Bluetooth soundbar, and enjoy Mick instead of whatever crappy announcers ESPN/CBS throws at us!

http://www.gatorzone.com/listings/audionow

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing. I'd think they could make a simple app or something like that. Calling on your phone? Seems backward to me.

Do we have a Vol in the A/V room? :tard:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;284199 said:
Thanks for sharing. I'd think they could make a simple app or something like that. Calling on your phone? Seems backward to me.

Do we have a Vol in the A/V room? :tard:

Agree. I the meantime I'm just going to Bluetooth connect my phone to my bose sound dock.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What radio station does a play on? Maybe it will play on the I heart radio app?

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Things are looking up, thanks! Hit a rough patch, but my hippie ass is on the rebound.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
By 3:45 Saturday, Verne will think he is in Starkville.

Musburger is 76, Verne is 75, Keith Jackson retired when he was 78.

I like Nessler, he's about he best CFB play-by-play man out there right now,. I still say Franklin got the big shaft a few years back.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n284321 said:
Agree. I the meantime I'm just going to Bluetooth connect my phone to my bose sound dock.

Yeah that's what I'm going to do whenever I watch at home.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I may be in the minority here, but I want to know what the TV audience is hearing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, I will use this next weekend. But this Saturday, I'm in the Swamp!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how well it would work with the delay broadcasting cross country?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be 3 sheets to the wind with about 6-8 other people around - TN, GA, & SC fans - prob eating oysters talking ****,so will not be too engrossed nor willing to figure it out. But thanks. When by myself will be nice.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So out of curiosity, I just called the number, and if you want to sync it with the live TV broadcast, you just have to press 2 to slow down the radio broadcast, or 5 to speed it up. I'm sure it'll take some finagling, but you're all a smart bunch, I'm sure you'll figure it out. :fatnanner:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n284552 said:
So out of curiosity, I just called the number, and if you want to sync it with the live TV broadcast, you just have to press 2 to slow down the radio broadcast, or 5 to speed it up. I'm sure it'll take some finagling, but you're all a smart bunch, I'm sure you'll figure it out. :fatnanner:
200.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
[QUOTE='78;n284468]I may be in the minority here, but I want to know what the TV audience is hearing.[/QUOTE]

Only way that makes sense for me is when there are replays or other non-live action on tv being spoken about. For live action, I've been wishing I could sync the radio with my tv.

+1 on the need for this to be an app, and easier to interface with. Regardless, I don't have a bluetooth Bose and will have to run audio through 3mm headphone connection into my 10yr old sound system. Maybe if the radio audio could be transmitted via internet, with a way to adjust speed and timing, then I'd be set. But I'm never satisfied and this is likely just one more instance of me bitching about progress.

Dec 10, 2014
Thanks for the info SAS. I'm personally not a fan of Lee McGriff, so I only listen to the radio when I'm driving for the game, which is extremely rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb