Gator Recruiting Getting Called Out by ESPN and High School Coaches

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
IF any of you follow Derek tyson on twitter it seems he has an anti-gator bias. He never posts anything positive about us, but loves him some FSU. This doesn't surprise me, this dude will knock the gators any chance he gets.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You dont need that. Did Meyer or Zook have that first?
The relationship is with the school and its machine. Not necessarily the head coach. The HC relationship plays a big role but far from absolute

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
you saw last year? ............he played the hand he was dealt. He won 10 games., the east with no QB. Im guessing you knew what he could have done better.............some of you "experts" are beyond the pale..............

I get your point, but you , like many others, are end result people, regardless of the steps or the process, and that is fine. yes won 10 games last year. Won 10 games this year and won the East both years. But were you happy with the quality of play overall both years? I was not! Were you happy with the game management overall the past 2 years? I was not!. Are you happy with the player development overall the past 2 years? I am not? Are you happy with the way recruiting seems to be trending? I am not! Are you confident that Butters can develop and coach the players he has? I am not!. These are just opinions. The facts are on your side. Two 10 win seasons (yes I will count 10 this past year), yes 2 SEC East titles (if I can call it a title). But I see what I see and the process is a clear backslide. I am a believer that the process will lead to the results over the LONG term. Short term we have wins over the lesser teams and have gotten shellacked against better teams with very good coaches. So I am only giving my opinion that if this process stays the same the 10 win seasons will disappear and that # will be lower. Hope I am proven wrong but I don;t see it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chump's class has #s but is heavily bottom loaded. We don't want that class.

After he started negative recruiting against us while we're paying him millions of dollars, I'd like to bottom load that sum'b!!tch with my boot in his azz...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im still not sure how Mac who has only been here for two years was reasonably supposed to have these "long term" relationships with these kids before he got here.
Foolishness and yet another in the long line of lame excuses.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I agree with most on this thread. When I want an even handed evaluation of UF recruiting a short time before signing day, I always ask a nole grad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Talk about shooting the messenger.

Gus Scott, former UF player, is the head coach at Trinity.
Exactly. Besides, this same song has been playing nonstop for years. We show up late, in December and January, and look like fools.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He wasnt the messenger and was never quoted It was the fsu boy...........but hey I guess if Putin can be our boy now the fsu douchbgs can be yours.......

I know Ross made the comments, but you discounted Trinity HS as if it was anti-UF. Just because Ross went to fsu doesn't mean he's wrong. Our staff has sh*t the bed and he was answering a question from a reporter. It's not like Ross was the author. Nothing Ross said isn't true. Then you go and shoot the messenger. I'm sure Gus would have given a similar answer.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I only discount Private HS programs that brag about their football teams...........they play by different rules...........f them. As for an ex fsu player telling me whats wrong with UF,........fk him too. Im betting you can find all kinds of rivals to tell you what is wrong with UF..............the sad thing is some of our fans want to ride that same sh#t train too.............

I see where rocketcity is a closet nole now.......................

Last edited:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I only discount Private HS programs that brag about their football teams...........they play by different rules...........f them. As for an ex fsu player telling me whats wrong with UF,........fk him too. Im betting you can find all kinds of rivals to tell you what is wrong with UF..............the sad thing is some of our fans want to ride that same sh#t train too.............

Dude, seriously ... How blind are you? See the writing on the wall. It's all there and it's painfully obvious.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hope you lost a sig bet to write what you have in that avatar............Wuerfffel (bet Danny would love your attitude) I am a gator fan, Not a gator program hater. You live your life and i will live mine. I pull for my team and coaches until they are not my team and coaches..........I dont need to pile on this sh#t storm to make it better for you and the HATE MAC gang,..............yall are doing a bang up job.,

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Wow! Amateur Hour!

Gerard Ross, a former FSU and NFL defensive back, is now an assistant coach and oversees recruiting for Trinity Christian in Jacksonville, a team that has produced several ESPN 300 prospects and multiple five-star recruits including Kevin Toliver (LSU) and most recently Shaun Wade – who just enrolled at Ohio State.

With out-of-state schools like Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson having so much success, Ross thinks Florida has to rethink its recruiting strategy.

“From what I can see, they have to do a better job of identifying the younger studs and kind of lovin’ on those guys really early the way the other big dogs do like Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State,” Ross said. “They identify those young kids pretty early on and do a good job making sure that ‘hey man, we love you, we want you to come here.’ From my experience and how [Florida has] been around us, they tend to wait until that kid has those big-time, Power 5 offers and then they try to sneak in.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Wow! Amateur Hour!

Gerard Ross, a former FSU and NFL defensive back, is now an assistant coach and oversees recruiting for Trinity Christian in Jacksonville, a team that has produced several ESPN 300 prospects and multiple five-star recruits including Kevin Toliver (LSU) and most recently Shaun Wade – who just enrolled at Ohio State.

With out-of-state schools like Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson having so much success, Ross thinks Florida has to rethink its recruiting strategy.

“From what I can see, they have to do a better job of identifying the younger studs and kind of lovin’ on those guys really early the way the other big dogs do like Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State,” Ross said. “They identify those young kids pretty early on and do a good job making sure that ‘hey man, we love you, we want you to come here.’ From my experience and how [Florida has] been around us, they tend to wait until that kid has those big-time, Power 5 offers and then they try to sneak in.

Yes, shocking that an F$U grad is critical of UF's recruiting. Shocking that after Meyer destroyed the cupboard and Muschamp finished the job - ruining Driskel and running off Brissett plus the rest of that group from WPB Dwyer in the process - that it's taking time to rebuild.

Let's see how we close before we judge 2017.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He won 10 games., the east with no QB.
He was left a 4 star dual threat QB who was freshman all SEC and gamechanging blue chip redshirt, and got almost nothing out of either (I know, I know, 3 good quarters).

Frankly, he was left more talent than he will leave for the next guy.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I hope you lost a sig bet to write what you have in that avatar............Wuerfffel (bet Danny would love your attitude) I am a gator fan, Not a gator program hater. You live your life and i will live mine. I pull for my team and coaches until they are not my team and coaches..........I dont need to pile on this sh#t storm to make it better for you and the HATE MAC gang,..............yall are doing a bang up job.,

I'm not a hater either. I bleed Orange and Blue. But I call it like I see it. I'm not calling for Mac's head. At this point, I couldn't care less anymore. I am saying that he and his "staff" are failing miserably in the recruiting department and in generating an offense. That's not hating. That's observation. And so is my sig. Face it, FSU owns us in just about every sport now. Again, just more observation. And it sucks big time. It doesn't mean that I am pulling for us to lose. I want us to win always. But I know what I see. And it's not pretty.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
you saw last year? ............he played the hand he was dealt. He won 10 games., the east with no QB. Im guessing you knew what he could have done better.............some of you "experts" are beyond the pale..............
Let's see how he does next year without a defense

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Ummmm, okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.