Gatorbait predicts UF to go 9-3

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
c4s_foley111714_14230220_8col.jpg
why are you posting a picture of a cock?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Are you serious? So what happens if the recruiting class is still sticking together? Still fire him?

I think it's highly unlikely that their prediction plays out the way they suggest. If we lose to arguably our 3 toughest foes(on paper), I doubt we make it through the rest of the season unscathed, and am more inclined to believe the "wheels off" possibilities others have posted, making the second question moot.

But also a loss to all 3 rivals, who we routinely battle on the recruiting front, would only further damage perception. So I guess my answer is I may be ok with it if all 3 games were close losses and recruiting stayed on a tremendous roll, etc. Or if a we see a version of 2007, where the offense finally lights it up but the defense needs a little more time. I just don't think that scenario is going to happen.

And honestly, in any event, those losses would be tough for me to swallow, regardless of what a group of 18 year olds are thinking they still "might" do. I have no desire to be another uga type program, where every year they came face to face with the that their current head coach wasn't going to improve, but were essentially held hostage because of recruits that they were afraid to lose.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is every likelihood we lose 5. Vegas has us at 4.5. There is also no chance he gets fired. Zero. Zilch. If he loses 3, 5, 7 , 8 hell it doesnt matter. He WILL NOT get fired.

It is what we are now. A team that is happy just to be competing, sometimes, and full of excuses the other times.

That is your orange and blue glasses talking brother. There's only a couple of players on this team that would be good enough to play on one of our championships teams. We will be playing freshman and it WILL be ugly.

Notice I used words like fireable offense, would mean and should.

I'm not predicting that'll happen necessarily, but it would be warranted in my eyes. I've reached a point in my life where I recognize I have a lot less control over things than originally thought.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Are you serious? So what happens if the recruiting class is still sticking together? Still fire him?

He'll get his 4th year no matter what. Until he shows everyone he can outcoach the better teams...he's on notice. Getting to ATL in the two worst years in SEC East history isn't enough. Is that harsh? Maybe. But this is big boy school not the WAC.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I'm not buying the UGA hype. Smart is a second year coach and is still trying to figure it all out. Just because he stood next to greatness at Bama it doesn't mean he is.

Kirby thus far is = to Muffcramp...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not buying the UGA hype. Smart is a second year coach and is still trying to figure it all out. Just because he stood next to greatness at Bama it doesn't mean he is.

Can't argue the coaching aspect, but he's got some talent on that roster.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I've always wondered why 4 losses by Butters was a great season and 5 losses by Smart and Bytch was a total disaster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At what do you stop the bleeding? I mean, kirby kept eason and pulled in a decent class.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
With the uncertainty at QB, it just hard for me to see 9-3. The defense is due to take a step back and don't see the offense improving enough to make up for it. Think we lose to Mich, Fsu, LSU and the Dawgs. Mainly because I can see these teams running it down our throats, where most of us expect our defense to be a little soft this year. The talk that Mac will get canned after this year is ridiculous, this administration just extended the mans contract. With the commitment of Corral now, I think he's given even more leeway. I see Mac getting 2 more years now. Hopefully he'll make the most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.