Gatorbait predicts UF to go 9-3

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Are you serious? So what happens if the recruiting class is still sticking together? Still fire him?
What happens if it's another situation like WMs? You keep him, miss out on top name hires, your recruiting still suffers and it takes the new guy 3-4 years to fix this mess(if he's the right guy). It has taken Mac 2+ classes just to figure out how to recruit here and his staff is still average overall. Especially with Nord, Nuss and RS now at DC(won't be much different coaching wise compared to Collins).

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At what do you stop the bleeding? I mean, kirby kept eason and pulled in a decent class.
9-3 with a top 5 recruiting class would be bleeding. We don't have a QB and lost nearly every starter on defense and 3 losses would be bleeding? And replace him with who? Chip Kelly isn't coming here.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What happens if it's another situation like WMs? You keep him, miss out on top name hires, your recruiting still suffers and it takes the new guy 3-4 years to fix this mess(if he's the right guy). It has taken Mac 2+ classes just to figure out how to recruit here and his staff is still average overall. Especially with Nord, Nuss and RS now at DC(won't be much different coaching wise compared to Collins).
Who's the top name hire? Chip Kelley isn't coming here. And that's a great message, you figure out how to recruit and have two great classes shaping up and you want to fire the guy for losing 3 games.

And for a Cane you don't know your own coaches, Shannon is a fair bit different than Collins

Some of you guys are just crazy, we have a drop on defense and no QB. Seriously you want to drop him for losing 3 games that we probably will be underdogs in. You guys are just hoping he fails at this point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
9-3 with a top 5 recruiting class would be bleeding. We don't have a QB and lost nearly every starter on defense and 3 losses would be bleeding? And replace him with who? Chip Kelly isn't coming here.
Why wouldn't kelly come here? Where's he gonna go? He's not gonna get an nfl gig and we'd be the best college jon out there. But i agree, we wouldn't fire him after going 9-3 but it would ne obvious he's the next mark richt if we lose to fsu uga and Tennessee.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will lose to a West team. Even in our best years that happened.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Record be damned. This may sound myopic but I for one will not be happy with this staff until we beat F.S.U. That is my yardstick. After that, we can worry about SECC, NC and all that good stuff.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Record be damned. This may sound myopic but I for one will not be happy with this staff until we beat F.S.U. That is my yardstick. After that, we can worry about SECC, NC and all that good stuff.
Ditto...a successful season to me is wins against UT, UGA, and F$u. We could lose every other game but those three and I can sleep well at night.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who's the top name hire? Chip Kelley isn't coming here. And that's a great message
You dont need a great coach, just someone who isnt a trailerbammer type moron who thinks the QBs job is to avoid turnovers no matter what and the mvp of the offense should be the punter.

There are probably 50 guys who would be an improvement and basically any OC would be an improvement.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We could go 3-9 and Mac will return in 2018. I'm not saying he should be back in that scenario. I'm simply saying that's what would happen. His contract extension this year guarantees that.

9-3 is probably the best we could do with our defense, and if we do go 9-3, then that means we have a top 30ish offense. It is no longer possible for us to win games without scoring lots of points.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Athlon says we get upset by Mizzou and SC.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We could go 3-9 and Mac will return in 2018. I'm not saying he should be back in that scenario. I'm simply saying that's what would happen. His contract extension this year guarantees that.

9-3 is probably the best we could do with our defense, and if we do go 9-3, then that means we have a top 30ish offense. It is no longer possible for us to win games without scoring lots of points.
Agree. Going 9-3 means we'll be in the NC hunt next year with a deep O and D.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really wouldnt surprise me.

Ole Butterteeth is good for one or two stupid losses a s season along with the ones he "is supposed to lose".

I remember when we didnt tolerate coaches who were supposed to lose 4-5 games per year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Why wouldn't kelly come here? Where's he gonna go? He's not gonna get an nfl gig and we'd be the best college jon out there. But i agree, we wouldn't fire him after going 9-3 but it would ne obvious he's the next mark richt if we lose to fsu uga and Tennessee.

Probably because Kelly did bolt Oregon right before they got in NCAA trouble, don't think we'll look at anyone with that kind of black mark against them. I could see Kelly ending up at a "win at all cost program" like A&M or Auburn if they fire their coaches, sadly we don't fall in that category. If we need a coach we'll probably go after Mullen, cause him and Stricklin are buddies. I'd love to have Kelly as well and believe he would do great here, but we would never hire him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

So one loss to a guy who we fired for being/creating a dumpster fire here, and who inherited an even worse situation than Mac...and the other to a guy who I'm pretty sure was a deli manager at Winn Dixie prior to be hired at Mizzou.

In either event, there should be about 10 empty seats on the return flights.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
So one loss to a guy who we fired for being/creating a dumpster fire here, and who inherited an even worse situation than Mac...and the other to a guy who I'm pretty sure was a deli manager at Winn Dixie prior to be hired at Mizzou.

In either event, there should be about 10 empty seats on the return flights.
I think the main goal is for Athlon to get clicks. Lol.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at least that means we have to actually try to score points now :dunno:

do.gif

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is gonna stink for you Trolls when we win another 10 games this year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb