Gators' 2015 class ranked No. 61 in the nation

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n90232 said:
You're assuming Muschamp is fired... That being said, linebacker has the potential to be catastrophic. And the quicker he cans Muschamp, the more likely the kids will play lights out for the interim coach and we gain momentum surrounding our program. And excitement about a replacement. What coaches do you think are likely candidates?
What's funny is these retards didn't want to "settle" on any linebackers in last years class so they didn't sign any. And plenty of guys said I was being a dick for harping on it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;90237 said:
He's a nole. Not his choice.
tumblr_mgnfjjz5OS1rul0hko1_500.gif

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
This team is a complete mess. Deep stable of RBs who don't play because they can't block. WRs with Legos for hands. TEs who do god knows what. DS who get gassed on 3rd and 25. LBs who are thinking about SpongeBob. A starting QB who plays like he has done 4 tours in Nam. If this were a movie it would be hilarious. Unfortunately, one recruiting class is not going to come close to extinguishing this grease fire. Unless we have named a new HC for next year, booting the Head Ass Clown now will not boost our recruiting much. He should be fired now because he is an utter embarrassment to this great institution.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n90151 said:
If Muschamp is given the rest of the year, FSU will not embarrass Florida because Muschamp is Fisher's friend, and they might have bigger fish to fry. That could change if UF is as charitable with the ball as they were against Missouri.
Friend or not, FSU will beat us like a drum if they can. To think otherwise is wishful thinking at best. There's too much at stake. Things like recruiting, etc.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;90280 said:
This team is a complete mess. Deep stable of RBs who don't play because they can't block. WRs with Legos for hands. TEs who do god knows what. DS who get gassed on 3rd and 25. LBs who are thinking about SpongeBob. A starting QB who plays like he has done 4 tours in Nam. If this were a movie it would be hilarious. Unfortunately, one recruiting class is not going to come close to extinguishing this grease fire. Unless we have named a new HC for next year, booting the Head Ass Clown now will not boost our recruiting much. He should be fired now because he is an utter embarrassment to this great institution.
+1

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n90280 said:
They should be fired now because he is an utter embarrassment to this great institution.
Fixed it for you.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n90067 said:
Sure. In retrospect it's obvious. Creyer managed 5 losses, destroyed the roster and then Chimp managed 6. I'm always will to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until it's obvious. By 2012, especially with Chimp lauding his formula for success and failing to understand how outright lucky he had been, along with the pathetic offensive recruiting, made it clear that we were going in the toilet until he was fired.

I'm a bandwagon guy. I admit it. I bought it in 2011.
I agree with everything but blaming the demise on Meyer. He left a ton of talent, i. e., the defensive talent that enabled the 11 win season of the chumps. What I thought was the harbinger of things to come was listening to the chump himself after our miserable offensive performance and lucking out the win against A&M, "This is who we are." I felt then we were in deep doo doo and, of course, we see that he meant every word.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
To just ignore what Meyer left the team like is ridiculous. I blame Muschamp for 4-8 and this year, so I'm not saying it defend him. Meyer put Muschamp in an early hole, and that is a fact. One good recruiting class is not enough, especially when half transfer.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let Meyer go...its been four years...time to move on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n91201 said:
Meyer put Muschamp in an early hole, and that is a fact.
They how did we win 11 games in Muschamp's second season?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;91369 said:
Ray Finkle;n91201 said:
Meyer put Muschamp in an early hole, and that is a fact.
They how did we win 11 games in Muschamp's second season?
If you are saying it's because of Jesus Meyer's spectacular recruiting, think again. I dare say 3/4 of the offensive players either transferred or were complete garbage. Hell half the guys defensive players bailed too. Muschamp's second year was playing good d, special teams, stopping the smurf parade, and getting a ton of great bounces. http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2010/florida-67 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2009/florida-67 http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2008/florida-67

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n91374 said:
If you are saying it's because of Jesus Meyer's spectacular recruiting, think again.
Uh, remember all the great defensive players that year? All Meyer recruits.

We reached the mountaintop with Urban Meyer. Let go of your hate. Had Foley hired someone that had even the slightest clue how to run a program and not a stiff with no head coaching experience, we wouldn't be where we are today and people wouldn't keep perpetuating the myth that Meyer destroyed the program on his way out.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;91378 said:
Ray Finkle;n91374 said:
If you are saying it's because of Jesus Meyer's spectacular recruiting, think again.
Uh, remember all the great defensive players that year? All Meyer recruits. We reached the mountaintop with Urban Meyer. Let go of your hate. Had Foley hired someone that had even the slightest clue how to run a program and not a stiff with no head coaching experience, we wouldn't be where we are today and people wouldn't keep perpetuating the myth that Meyer destroyed the program on his way out.
It's not hate at all actually. It annoys the piss out of me though that people easily pass off all the crap and bad pub that came from him. And the myth? Compare his first four years and compare them to the last one. That is all you need to look at. That and the news where Percy is getting shipped out because he's a punk, Pouncey is involved in the Miami fiasco, AH is killing people, Rainey being Rainey, and on and on an on. We hold Zook and WM accountable for their screw ups, why give Urban a pass?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n91383 said:
We hold Zook and WM accountable for their screw ups, why give Urban a pass?
Should I post a picture of the crystal trophies? You know the answer to that question. Meyer was a hired gun and he did what he was hired to do.

Zook and Muschamp did not.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;91386 said:
Ray Finkle;n91383 said:
We hold Zook and WM accountable for their screw ups, why give Urban a pass?
Should I post a picture of the crystal trophies? You know the answer to that question. Meyer was a hired gun and he did what he was hired to do. Zook and Muschamp did not.
So excuses for Jimbo should be fair game too. Got it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n91173 said:
I agree with everything but blaming the demise on Meyer. He left a ton of talent, i. e., the defensive talent that enabled the 11 win season of the chumps. What I thought was the harbinger of things to come was listening to the chump himself after our miserable offensive performance and lucking out the win against A&M, "This is who we are." I felt then we were in deep doo doo and, of course, we see that he meant every word.

I agree with everything you said except Meyer. His offensive recruiting was pretty poor in the last few years. He left an offense predicated on QBs Brantley, Reed and Burton, Deonte Thompson, and a terrible OL. The offensive recruiting began crashing in 2007.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n91383 said:
That and the news where Percy is getting shipped out because he's a punk, Pouncey is involved in the Miami fiasco, AH is killing people, Rainey being Rainey, and on and on an on.
This is classic - ALL stuff these GROWN MEN did AFTER they left UF. Is he responsible for everything they now do for the rest of their lives? Meyer recruited these guys, who were also highly sought after by every other school in the country. In other words, he did his job bringing the best players and it showed on the field.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;91398 said:
Ray Finkle;n91383 said:
That and the news where Percy is getting shipped out because he's a punk, Pouncey is involved in the Miami fiasco, AH is killing people, Rainey being Rainey, and on and on an on.
This is classic - ALL stuff these GROWN MEN did AFTER they left UF. Is he responsible for everything they now do for the rest of their lives? Meyer recruited these guys, who were also highly sought after by every other school in the country. In other words, he did his job bringing the best players and it showed on the field.
What?! You are blindly protecting this guy. I take it you read the agreement AH had to sign to get on the Pats in the first place because of his rep while at UF? "Time to die" was Rainey at uf. Percy hit coaches and got in trouble for drugs at UF. Jenkins, Hill, Shaw, etc. more examples of Meyer guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator