Gators # 79 total offense after 8 games...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Look at Omar come alive after a loss.
And Ox doesn't think he's a troll.
giphy.gif
Fun fact: Michael K Williams lives across the street from me. I run into him 3-4 times a month. He’s definitely not a nole, and would probably shank our version of Omar

Gatorpastor1975

Sep 9, 2018
I get it guys losing to UGA bites. Yesterday was tough for me to stand up and preach.. As a joke my sound guy, played the dog growl after church. I take it in stride but 2 yrs in a row to Smart stinks. There are a few smart pups who saw Dan's potential here and was scared of next yr. If he could still make Franks be somewhat competitive, they were impressed. They weren't afraid to admit they had a field day with our young db. Yeah, that's how they won, but these guys realize that Dan took Peanut butter face's team and made them competitive. I think the stats are great with what we got. I like listening to Dan. He reminds me of The. Great head ball coach. They wanted to win to shut him up. They even have a Facebook meme about it. I take it as a positive impact. That's a program that is scared of the future. I want the swagger back. I think Dan can do it. Has he misfired on calls? Of course, but sweet baby Tebow has he called some fine uppercut plays too. I love the Jones pass completely caught them off guard. Even the doggies were impressed by the goal line stance. We're going in right direction and I believe blue chippers can see the change and they will want to be gators. Cheer up boys and look forward to revenge on Saturday.
Besides if my message didn't fire you up then this will:
Tell a nole, No bowl for you back of the line!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't care where the offense ranks as long as it's scoring and we're winning (I think most of us feel that way). But right now, we're not scoring - on teams w/ good defenses:

- Kentucky - 16 points
- Miss State - 13 points
- LSU - 20 points (we tacked on 7 more w/ a late pick 6; not an offensive score)
- UGA - 17 points

Will be something to watch going forward w/ Missouri our toughest game left (per the ESPN thing; we have a 70% chance to beat them). I don't expect to put up a ton of points vs. the remainder of our schedule, but I'd like to see us get into the high 20's/low 30's. We should hit 50+ vs. Idaho and see plenty of EJ and Pierce in that game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care where the offense ranks as long as it's scoring and we're winning (I think most of us feel that way). But right now, we're not scoring - on teams w/ good defenses:

- Kentucky - 16 points
- Miss State - 13 points
- LSU - 20 points (we tacked on 7 more w/ a late pick 6; not an offensive score)
- UGA - 17 points

Will be something to watch going forward w/ Missouri our toughest game left (per the ESPN thing; we have a 70% chance to beat them). I don't expect to put up a ton of points vs. the remainder of our schedule, but I'd like to see us get into the high 20's/low 30's. We should hit 50+ vs. Idaho and see plenty of EJ and Pierce in that game.

So similar theme we have had the last decade?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So similar theme we have had the last decade?

Sure. But it's year 1....and Franks is the QB. I think most of us can see significant improvement IF he can get "his" QB in there. As mentioned earlier in this and other threads, Franks has hit his ceiling.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sure. But it's year 1....and Franks is the QB. I think most of us can see significant improvement IF he can get "his" QB in there. As mentioned earlier in this and other threads, Franks has hit his ceiling.

Wasn't a knock on Mullen, he is at least two recruiting classes away before we truly see his product.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

- Kentucky - 16 points
- Miss State - 13 points
- UGA - 17 points

Wow. I was going to pull these scoring numbers. I'm not impressed so far. There's a different "feel" to the team. And on the surface, we look better but those numbers suck. Let's just be honest here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. I was going to pull these scoring numbers. I'm not impressed so far. There's a different "feel" to the team. And on the surface, we look better but those numbers suck. Let's just be honest here.

They do suck, and he has through year 3 to show what his team will look like.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Efficiency matters far more than total yards. Last year's team ranked 108th in Football Outsiders S&P+ Offensive efficiency ratings. 2017 Defense was 54th. These account for quality of opponent and game situations.

2018 S&P+ ratings through 10 games:

Offensive Efficiency - 35th
Defensive Efficiency - 34th

This mostly tells us what we all see, regardless of what we think the next few years' projections will be. We have substantially improved, but have a great deal of improvement still to go to really compete with the top teams in the country again.

For further context, here are our 2015 & 2016 SEC East "Championship" seasons:

2015 Offensive S&P+ - 73
2015 Defensive S&P+ - 7
2015 Offensive S&P+ - 88
2015 Defensive S&P+ - 4

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Up to 69th in total offense with 10 games played. Could break into the top-60 with the next two up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Football Outsiders S&P+ Offensive efficiency ratings.
More #fakenews

It is "advanced".

What is the formula? Its secret, like Sagarin. Trust us when we tell you it is advanced though. we wouldn't sell it if it weren't advanced.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we rate about 68th now in total offense. You would think that we might improve in our last two games. But the claims of inconsistency are correct, so who knows?
No, no.... I just mean that some people are excited about a bottom half offense.

Largely the same people that mock Larry Fedoras top 20 offense at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.