Gators are the # 3 most overrated team in college football for 2017?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://saturdayblitz.com/2017/08/03/college-football-most-overrated-teams-2017/3/

This Florida Gators team looks so much better than it really is. Their season opener is against the also-overrated Michigan Wolverines. If Florida wins that game, the unrealistic expectations are only going to spiral out of control.

I get it, they won the SEC East the last two consecutive years and that’s is a “big deal” but is it really when you are nowhere close to Alabama?

Unless Jim McElwain got a Steve Spurrier offensive blood transfusion, expect to see another season of non-explosive offensive football. The Gators finished 100th in scoring in 2015 and 107th in 2016. This Florida team will be offensively underwhelming again.

The fact the Gators can win with such poor offense a huge testament to their defense. I could name a handful of defensive players that will keep them in games, but I won’t. This team could very well win the SEC East or they could finish with six losses, but if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it did it really happen?
---------------------------------------------------------------

So we have Steele at one end and a few articles like this. I can see waiting to see what happens on the field a little bit first. I do think if we beat Michigan we will have a real good 10-2 pre-SECCG season possibly.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Some have us underrated, some have us overrated. Some will be right. Some will be wrong. Just like every year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some have us underrated, some have us overrated. Some will be right. Some will be wrong. Just like every year.
Honestly, no one really knows. We hope the offense improves this year, but if it doesn't then it could get Muschamp-like ugly.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This team could very well win the SEC East or they could finish with six losses
Ive said the same thing, we could win 10, or only 6.. its a crap shoot at this point, so many unknowns. And while this springs recruiting class was decent, and this upcoming class looks like it could be great, one of those will be of a very minimal impact this season while the other has zero. We aren't much different on offense than last year so unless the guys playing last year (minus the qb hopefully :lol:) have greatly improved, its gonna be a lot of the same on offense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ive said the same thing, we could win 10, or only 6.. its a crap shoot at this point, so many unknowns. And while this springs recruiting class was decent, and this upcoming class looks like it could be great, one of those will be of a very minimal impact this season while the other has zero. We aren't much different on offense than last year so unless the guys playing last year (minus the qb hopefully :lol:) have greatly improved, its gonna be a lot of the same on offense.

Yep I do remember quite a few teams in the past the media was all over just because everyone was returning on offense and they ended up being bad just like the year before on offense again. Hopefully we don't have that issue.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good grief the pendulum is swinging wildly in both directions. These writers must be hard up for stories

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF is the #2 most underrated of the overrated teams this year - some sports writer probably

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My Gawd I'm so sick of hot takes. Whether we're a playoff team or suck (swamp) donkey balls, I'm just ready to see it.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
This is McElwain's year to show us if he really does know anything about offense. I am still in a wait and see mode, but hoping for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator