Gators are the # 3 most overrated team in college football for 2017?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know that all those new facilities didn't come from the womans soccer team boosters, or our new years day 6 bowl game wins/attendance. Football boosters wanted to better our football program as we were falling behind in facilities to our own rivals. And lets be honest Boosters control UF Athletics. Not the Prez, not the AD, Boosters...When the money stops flowing in, you don't think Strick isn't going to take action? come on now....

I'm a small time Booster and I don't hear any demands that Mac be run off..... Maybe they do it in secret, naw, that's not how people behave.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the booster whispers would start this season especially if the offense sucked and we lost 2 of the first 4 games.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious, who the Hell are you to label anyone? Typical rant over someone not agreeing with your gibberish.

Winning 10 or losing 6, good offense or bad offense....... doesn't matter, Mac isn't going anywhere soon. The people who control the pocket book are happy with what he's doing and that's all that matters. Hard to get your mind around that concept isn't it?

Just curious, didn't TRex have a very small brain compared to his body size?

FYI...when it's now 24 hours later and only Threat liked your post...that says a lot.

It wasn't gibberish. If you think so...I apologize and will start communicating at a much lower grade level for you. No prob.

Some of you "optimists" just can't help yourselves. Your sunshine sure does darken quickly these days.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I'm a small time Booster and I don't hear any demands that Mac be run off..... Maybe they do it in secret, naw, that's not how people behave.
It's more Nuss than Mac, but they are a package deal i heard. Like I said in an earlier post this week, I believe MAC will take a more hands on approach to the playcalling this year if things don't turn around by the UT game, and Nuss will be looking at high school coaching gigs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's more Nuss than Mac, but they are a package deal i heard.
That's not what i heard. I heard mac was all pumped up to fire his best friend until the uaa stepped. According to threat, they're so frugal with their money that firing nuss wasn't feasible so they gave him and mac both raises and extensions.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don't really care, that's the point, no one really has a handle on the upcomming season but some make absolute statements like they know the end before the beginning......
But it’s okay for you to make absolute statements? You don’t have a clue how the big money boosters feel about Mac. I’ll bet you a sizable percentage of them wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But it’s okay for you to make absolute statements? You don’t have a clue how the big money boosters feel about Mac. I’ll bet you a sizable percentage of them wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

Pray tell Mighty Karnick, what absolute statements have I made? I always try to say "in my opinion" or "I think" not like the other know it all's on this board.

* Funny thing is I do know how several "Big Money Boosters" feel and it's not "tired of Mac" by any stretch.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FYI...when it's now 24 hours later and only Threat liked your post...that says a lot.

It wasn't gibberish. If you think so...I apologize and will start communicating at a much lower grade level for you. No prob.

Some of you "optimists" just can't help yourselves. Your sunshine sure does darken quickly these days.

Sorry Rexy, your gibberish is all you have and I don't give any Fvks what you say or think. :lmao:

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's not what i heard. I heard mac was all pumped up to fire his best friend until the uaa stepped. According to threat, they're so frugal with their money that firing nuss wasn't feasible so they gave him and mac both raises and extensions.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Pray tell Mighty Karnick, what absolute statements have I made? I always try to say "in my opinion" or "I think" not like the other know it all's on this board.

* Funny thing is I do know how several "Big Money Boosters" feel and it's not "tired of Mac" by any stretch.
Can you say that the majority of boosters are looking for an improvement in overall offensive production from the head coach whom was hired for his knowledge in such production, as to improve our previous inept offensive performances?

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can you say that the majority of boosters are looking for an improvement in overall offensive production from the head coach whom was hired for his knowledge in such production, as to improve our previous inept offensive performances?

I think I can say every Booster wants to win every game by 50 points so yes improvement is wanted but most Gator Club meetings I go to the general feeling is that Mac is getting the Kinks worked out. Personally I don't like Mac's personality but I think he is a decent coach, hopefully that will be more evident as the season gets underway.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I think I can say every Booster wants to win every game by 50 points so yes improvement is wanted but most Gator Club meetings I go to the general feeling is that Mac is getting the Kinks worked out. Personally I don't like Mac's personality but I think he is a decent coach, hopefully that will be more evident as the season gets underway.
Winning by 50 is not a realistic goal. Increasing production to say, 20-30% is a realistic ROI for boosters. Most of Dummy's recruits are gone on offense, this is HIS team, HIS guys. Time to earn that paycheck.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning by 50 is not a realistic goal. Increasing production to say, 20-30% is a realistic ROI for boosters. Most of Dummy's recruits are gone on offense, this is HIS team, HIS guys. Time to earn that paycheck.

Whoooo Nelly, when did you throw out the "realistic" criteria?

You are changing the whole dynamic of the thread.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Whoooo Nelly, when did you throw out the "realistic" criteria?

You are changing the whole dynamic of the thread.
That's all we are asking for. We know we aren't going to win the NC with this team.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Why the myth that Mac and Nuss are best friends other than Law repeats it? They both coached at Michigan St in the early 2000's but other than that they were different parts of the country. Nuss followed Mac at Alabama. I'm sure Saban didn't hire Nuss on Mac's word. If Mac wanted him so bad he could've taken him to Colorado State. Much ado about nothing. There's no packaged deal.

ADs/Boosters don't fire/hire assistant coaches. They can apply pressure. But contractually it's the HC's final say. If Marianna's rumor was as far along as being a "done" deal then Mac had to have signed off on it and had a candidate. If the deal fell through it's more likely the candidate got cold feet or it broke down on some nuance of the deal.

Mac threw a lot of shade at the offensive line in 2016 and we ended up with a new Oline coach. He was making the same kind of comments about the offense starting around mid season.

Last edited:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Why the myth that Mac and Nuss are best friends other than Law repeats it? They both coached at Michigan St in the early 2000's but other than that they were different parts of the country. Nuss followed Mac at Alabama. I'm sure Saban didn't hire Nuss on Mac's word. If Mac wanted him so bad he could've taken him to Colorado State. Much ado about nothing. There's no packaged deal.

ADs/Boosters don't fire/hire assistant coaches. They can apply pressure. But contractually it's the HC's final say. If Marianna's rumor was as far along as being a "done" deal then Mac had to have signed off on it and had a candidate. If the deal fell threw it's more likely the candidate got cold feet or it broke down on some nuance of the deal.

Mac threw a lot of shade at the offensive line in 2016 and we ended up with a new Oline coach. He was making the same kind of comments about the offense starting around mid season.

See how Sumlin at TAM is handling the hot seat, he hired/fired all his asst. coaches first, now if he doesn't produce this year its on him the HC. Mac is doing something similar with hiring a new O-line coach, then bringing in other coaches in specific areas. He's making scape goats first, as to deflect the attention off of him the HC. If we win the east again, his job is safe. If we keep the same mediocre O showing, look for Nuss to be gone either mid to late season. This will buy Mac another year (2018) with a new OC. This is just my observation on how college football hiring/firings are going nowadays. We cant keep kidding ourselves......

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
See how Sumlin at TAM is handling the hot seat, he hired/fired all his asst. coaches first, now if he doesn't produce this year its on him the HC. Mac is doing something similar with hiring a new O-line coach, then bringing in other coaches in specific areas. He's making scape goats first, as to deflect the attention off of him the HC. If we win the east again, his job is safe. If we keep the same mediocre O showing, look for Nuss to be gone either mid to late season. This will buy Mac another year (2018) with a new OC. This is just my observation on how college football hiring/firings are going nowadays. We cant keep kidding ourselves......

Yep Nuss will just be fired for a bad 2017 unless its a crazy collapse.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I read about 20% of all threads. Decided to drop in on this one. Potential for a shyt storm seemed high.

Not disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.