Gators are the # 3 most overrated team in college football for 2017?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Still trying to find someone (besides a self proclaimed pumper :lol:)whos claiming mac is on the hot seat i see... I'm not going to hold my breath.

:snicker:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I hear someone say, "I'll just wait and see." I think: BRILLIANT!

I'll take door #2, Bob

:bananadance2::bananadance2::bananadance2::bananadance2:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Look I haven't taken the time to read through this whole thread. Here's the way I look at it. Barring a complete disaster this year Mac get's another year. Even with a disappointing season, if the recruits stick and he fills out a class that ends up in the top 5 to 7 he get's another year.

I have not said it here but I have on a private board. I didn't like Mac's style and I didn't think it would attract SEC caliber recruits. At this point it looks like he's going to prove me wrong. I don't think it's a stretch to give him another year to prove he can coach. Especially if you look at the disaster that can happen when you start churning through new guys. Look at the past history of ND, Alabama, Tennessee, now Texas, USC...and the list goes on.

So I have changed from dumper to I'll wait and see. And folks I ain't got a lot of time left.
I think Hermann is going to turn Texas around and USC will win the PAC-12 this year. So really its ND and UT. And after this year Bytch is gone from UT barring a miraculous season. ND, wel ND is ND and don't really have to win to get recruits.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Still trying to find someone (besides a self proclaimed pumper :lol:)whos claiming mac is on the hot seat i see... I'm not going to hold my breath.

Okay... I'm a self proclaimed pumper and I think Mac is on a warm seat. If the O stinks again in 2017, I expect it to get much hotter. IF Corral sticks** with UF and IF he fires nuss, Mac probably gets a stay of execution. Then, Corral better show some Chris Leak level production (Leak's freshman year) or that may be it.

**This depends on whether Corral believes he is the missing piece or if he's expecting UF to show massive improvement this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So far weve got no dumps claiming mac is on a hot seat, and 2 pumps saying hes hot or warm... this thread isnt shaping up the way 22 was hoping.

:lol:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
**This depends on whether Corral believes he is the missing piece or if he's expecting UF to show massive improvement this year.

Probably a bit of both. He knows he can come here and possibly be tebow'esque and be the face of the UF football, and the saving grace of UF football. But he may not be confident in Nuss calling plays. My theory is that Mac is more involved in the offensive game plan each week than ever before. And will hopefully push Nuss to be a better OC. So in Dec/Feb, we should have nothing to worry about as far as recruits jumping ship.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My theory is that Mac is more involved in the offensive game plan each week than ever before. And will hopefully push Nuss to be a better OC.
My hope is that he pushes him completely out of the facility. We do that and keep up the current recruiting and we'll be back to winning titles soon.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Trust me buddy, that statement's a fact. The only question is WHEN he will be out. Make no mistake, if he doesn't fix the offense, he's gone. This is not opinion, it's fact. We can argue about how much longer he'll be given to get it fixed, but thats about it.

Isn't that the very definition of "hot seat"?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You really do just follow me around don't you? You also have zero reading comprehension skills. I said at some point, if he doesn't fix the offense he will be gone. That doesn't mean tomorrow or even next year. It means sometime down the road. Go ahead and argue that point too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okay... I'm a self proclaimed pumper and I think Mac is on a warm seat. If the O stinks again in 2017, I expect it to get much hotter. IF Corral sticks** with UF and IF he fires nuss, Mac probably gets a stay of execution. Then, Corral better show some Chris Leak level production (Leak's freshman year) or that may be it.

Anybody with some sense feels this way.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the worst offense in the country is what were gunning for, I'll do it for half the price.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You really do just follow me around don't you? You also have zero reading comprehension skills. I said at some point, if he doesn't fix the offense he will be gone. That doesn't mean tomorrow or even next year. It means sometime down the road. Go ahead and argue that point too.

LOL

So what do you call that? Hot Seat in Waiting?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So far weve got no dumps claiming mac is on a hot seat, and 2 pumps saying hes hot or warm... this thread isnt shaping up the way 22 was hoping.

:lol:
Well, I dont think his fatazz will get fired THIS year, but I fully expect him to be on a nuclear seat by the end of October.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My theory is that Mac is more involved in the offensive game plan each week than ever before.
Me too!

I KNOW that Nusschump sucks. Im not sure about Butterteeth. Im pretty sire he is better than Nusschump. Hell, Sas and t are better than Nusschump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb