Gators barely more than nuisance for Alabama

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
24 point underdogs. Assuming 'bama scores somewhere in the 40's that means they allow us some sad touchdowns in garbage time. :yes:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are gonna lose by 30.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to be done about it, but the problem is Bama's amassing that overwhelming number of 4-5* players.

True story:
There was a 11-12 y.o. kid that too few could tackle. So the league disallowed his playing halfway through
the season. Probably via that participation-trophy crowd? They'd make the case for banning 'lil' Bo Jackson.

UF has enough good athletes to be getting much better results. Our overseers are woeful.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You really think bama is only going to score 30 on us? :lol:
No I think they'll score 40 or so. We'll probably squeak a few points on the board like we did vs the clowns, especially since they'll be playing backups for much of the game IMO.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Best analogy I can come up with: Saban is playing chess with a back row of all queens. You can win a few battles against Alabama but it is very difficult to win the war. Think about it. Alabama has made plenty of mistakes on offense. In a close game, those mistakes could make the difference. But not with their defense. And sooner or later, the offense makes enough plays to win. Saban has the best players, so he wins. Since he wins, he gets the best players. I don't know how you get into that cycle, but Saban is there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No I think they'll score 40 or so. We'll probably squeak a few points on the board like we did vs the clowns, especially since they'll be playing backups for much of the game IMO.
I was hoping for one of those "I see what you did there responses." I guess my joke landed flat :sadnanner:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even ESPN is making fun of us now on their ticker pointing out we have the 3rd fewest offensive TDs out of Power 5 conference teams. My guess is SC is one of those 2 teams even worse there I wonder who the other one is?
:mac:

LOL I can't find that particular stat on ESPN (only lists passing tds and rushing tds and I'm not adding all 128 and indexing it, but I'm PRETTY sure the other two are USCe and Boston College. (They are definitely the lowest in Power schools in points per game.)

That's right boys and germs, Chimp and Daz!!!!!

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's a pretty huge gap between our backups and Bama's backups.
LOL, there's a huge gap between our starters and Bammer's third string.

We have 2 maybe 3 players who would even get on the field for them. None on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator