Gators beat Kentucky at Rupp

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
@Jbossgator8

Seriously, dude. Please just stop it already. Some fans are cynical and critical. And some are not and see the good most of time. But we're all Gators.

Every time I go to this board, all I read is you moaning that other fans aren't as happy as you are or don't think like you do.

Enough is enough, man.

Call me a cynical, critical fan. But it's because I want what's BEST for our Gators.

So I am always looking for ways we can improve. It's just how I view life. It doesn't make me a worse fan than you. It doesn't make you a better fan than me.

It's time for the FINGER-POINTERS and the THUMB-NOSERS to be owned and destroyed.

And please, by all means, dislike my post.

I know you will.

Or how about taking my advice and growing up.

I can handle a little criticism.

Can you?

Because you certainly dish it out in spades when it's not even warranted.

Again, same team, dude. Same side.

Go Gators.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Observations:

1. Winning at Rupp is delightful. We should do it more often.
2. Hayes and Free Throws smh....again....and again....
3. Cheeze is the heart of this team. Yeah, we are holding steady when he's out, which is encouraging, but he is the HEART.
4. White is still developing, doing better than he did early this season, but not there yet. He does get credit for a win at Rupp with a team nearly depleted of big men and a night where everyone seems to miss shots. He must be doing something right.

For those itching for the return of Egbunu, and who knows who else (Gak, et al). I wouldn't expect a big change. Yeah, we can clog the middle a bit, and let players spend more time in their more natural positions (Egor at the 4? Allen on point? c'mon, man!). Just recognize when bigs return the situation changes like this:

a. How much have they practiced with the team so those individuals, and their team mates, know how to play with a big on the court? It will change the plays that are possible, plays which haven't been run so much - how will we do with the change in lineup?

b. If players get moved back to natural positions for bigs to take the 5-4 spots....how many minutes to our regular players share compared to what their getting now having to cover out of position? Less minutes hopefully means smarter lineups by White as the situations demand (who is hot, who can defend in this game, etc)....and is this another of White's weak spots to develop or will he be able to manage egos and minutes for success? Personally, I think he'll do alright, and the player egos shouldn't be too much of an issue, but it is a change to be dealt with.

Only the seventh Kentucky loss at home under Cal in nine seasons.

Only seventh loss to an unranked team....

Can't find the stat, but they had some streak of 50-70+ games with a 3-pointer, and they didn't make one against us until late in the second (though they seemed to make several at that point). And another stat, that they had some ungodly number of games won against unranked teams (I took it as not just at home)....SNAPPED!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Look at that Oregon floor. How do you play on that sh*t? :lol:

Wife and I thought the same. Though, for players it probably didn't matter much. For TV, however, it was absolutely HORRIBLE.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
@Jbossgator8

Seriously, dude. Please just stop it already. Some fans are cynical and critical. And some are not and see the good most of time. But we're all Gators.

Every time I go to this board, all I read is you moaning that other fans aren't as happy as you are or don't think like you do.

Enough is enough, man.

May I show you how to use the IGNORE function?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is fine if you want to be critical of our Gators but to minimize a HUGE WIN @ Rupp where historically we have not fared well is just stupid. Also when we lose, its like the sky is falling. They complain about the coach and he is the worst ever and we are barely gonna make it into the NIT. They also wanted White FIRED after we lost 3 games in a row. Go Back and read the threads and you will see it. Its fine for some of you to be Pessimistic as shizzle but for me I am FOREVER going to be an optimist and CHEER and CELEBRATE like crazy the Gators WINS. IDGAF how the team plays as long as we win. GO GATORS!!

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
That is fine if you want to be critical of our Gators but to minimize a HUGE WIN @ Rupp where historically we have not fared well is just stupid. Also when we lose, its like the sky is falling. They complain about the coach and he is the worst ever and we are barely gonna make it into the NIT. They also wanted White FIRED after we lost 3 games in a row. Go Back and read the threads and you will see it. Its fine for some of you to be Pessimistic as shizzle but for me I am FOREVER going to be an optimist and CHEER and CELEBRATE like crazy the Gators WINS. IDGAF how the team plays as long as we win. GO GATORS!!

I would NEVER minimize winning at Kentucky. Winning at Rupp is ALWAYS a BIG deal. Historically, no one on the planet fares well at Rupp. We're not the only ones. I LOVE shutting those entitled, arrogant fans up.

And I agree with the posters that say, one, White needs to get on the refs more when games aren't being officiated fairly. Donovan was great at that.

And White sometimes needs to make better in game adjustments.

Hopefully, he'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MASTERFUL coaching job by Mike White. UK had a ton of success in that first half BUT in the 2nd half WE, the Gators turned that around on UK and beat them up inside to score late to WIN that game. MIKE WHITE got these guys ready to play and coached them up and had them playing great D in the 2nd half. GREAT JOB Mike White and Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have now only won 5 out of the last 20 games @ Rupp. WOW what a WIN! These Gators played TOUGH and hung in there and WON this game with timely baskets and TOUGH D when it came down to the end. Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Idk about you but I have been to many games since Mike White has become the coach at UF and I have seen him talk to the Refs ALOT during games and timeouts and such. Billy D would do the same thing too. People on here ALWAYS complained that Billy D didn't talk to the refs enough. It is true that he DID NOT get alot of Technical fouls. White is the same way BUT they BOTH talk to the refs alot from what I have seen while in attendance at games...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UK 54 game home winning streak vs Unranked teams SNAPPED.
UK 30 game home winning streak vs SEC teams SNAPPED.

Gators were 9-51 @ Rupp all time
Gators were 3-24 vs UK as an unranked team

These Gators are something special. Go Gators!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We got lucky and jboss knows it!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I suggest you take the time to look closely at past Florida teams.
I suggest you take a closer look at my post.

Whereas solid defensive play was a Donovan hallmark virtually every season, scoring was not.
That's exactly what I was saying.

Not coincidentally, in three of the five years where we ratcheted up the scoring to top 20 -- fourth in 1999-2000, 16th in 2005-2006, 14th in 2006-2007 -- we went to the Final Four.
That exception is also mentioned.

Stopping people is obviously important but it ain't taking you anywhere great on its own. You need to stop people and put the ball in the hoop.
Our team can score with anyone.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
UK 30 game home winning streak vs SEC teams SNAPPED.
That's a decent streak. That includes last year's National Champion. That's a hard place to win for any team. White killed it on his inbounds strategies. It was mentioned nearly as many times as was the stagnant, no ball-movement offense. The team has flaws. Lots of upside potential if only White would read more GatorChatter.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Random question I know, but does anyone know what that rock song was that they were playing as they kept going to commercial?

The lyrics we're something like "ready to rock ready to roll let's go" although I might have misheard them.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Ummm this year’s SC team is nowhere near as good as last years bro
Just saying you can't overlook ANY conference opponent. And the Gamecocks still have a few players on their roster who took it to us last year. Could be dangerous week of overconfidence.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just saying you can't overlook ANY conference opponent. And the Gamecocks still have a few players on their roster who took it to us last year. Could be dangerous week of overconfidence.

I don’t think they’ll overlook anyone. I’m just saying USC isn’t good. Doesn’t mean it’s a guarantee win, but we still have no business losing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.