Gators beat Kentucky at Rupp

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I meant compared to past Gator teams. Under Billy D our identity centered around being a great defensive team. We have struggled in the past to score like some Duke or Kentucky teams because we lacked the firepower. Not counting the "Oh-4's," our shooters have often been very average (Boykin, Walker, even Beal was average). We have an incredible ability to score right now. Heck, we almost ran Duke off the court. So to complain about it is beyond silly. It's a style of play that looks unbeatable when the ball is going in and looks stupid when it's not... Last night wasn't pretty. We're missing some chess pieces. But anyone who thinks White isn't game planning how to attack on offense is naive.

I suggest you take the time to look closely at past Florida teams. Whereas solid defensive play was a Donovan hallmark virtually every season, scoring was not. Not coincidentally, in three of the five years where we ratcheted up the scoring to top 20 -- fourth in 1999-2000, 16th in 2005-2006, 14th in 2006-2007 -- we went to the Final Four.

Stopping people is obviously important but it ain't taking you anywhere great on its own. You need to stop people and put the ball in the hoop.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were playing Kentucky. We wear orange against Kentucky.

I'll have to go back and look at past tapes. Didn't remember that we did. I could have sworn I saw us wear orange in another game over the past week or so.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll have to go back and look at past tapes. Didn't remember that we did. I could have sworn I saw us wear orange in another game over the past week or so.

We’ve worn orange a lot this season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve worn orange a lot this season.

Fuggin' hate it. Cheapens the look IMO.

Now this is proper form on the road.

college-basketball-ncaa-final-four-florida-joakim-noah-victorious-on-picture-id81457965

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
@'78

I agree with you in general. I prefer the blue look overall. But when playing Big Blue Nation in their house, I think it's absolutely necessary to wear Orange to counterbalance them. Just my two cents...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@'78

I agree with you in general. I prefer the blue look overall. But when playing Big Blue Nation in their house, I think it's absolutely necessary to wear Orange to counterbalance them. Just my two cents...

Mac espoused to the "contrast" mindset with unis. I'm not sure it's that important. They're in predominately white, you're in predominately blue. I think you can tell your guys from their guys.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015

This...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Test-test-test. Which team is UCLA?

apcacunrr_NCAA_FINAL_FOU_1HHW8-lg.jpg

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
@'78

You're using a neutral site location in the national title game to validate your argument. It holds no clout.

Kentucky's other color is white. So if we wear white, we're also just adding to the Kentucky look ... in Kentucky.

Plus whites and grays are such neutral colors that they don't make us stand out at all. We need to show up in our other color (orange) and walk into their blue house and say let's go.

Which is exactly what we did. Go Gators.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Test-test-test. Which team is UCLA?

apcacunrr_NCAA_FINAL_FOU_1HHW8-lg.jpg

The answer is the losing team. And UF is really in their fans heads. You should go over to one of their boards when UF is matched up with them in the NCAA tourney. Their view is that they get matched up with UF almost every tourney and lose.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You're so tedious, windbag. Just enjoy the win already. We have one of the highest scoring offenses we've EVER had. Our team will look different when Egbunu is back. If you want to go back to the Don DeVoe days, go back without me. None of today's kick-ass players want to play that style. It's for the teams without talent. We're a Dribble Drive team now. And we score a lot.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for offending you. I really did not mean it. Also please accept my apologies for watching sports from a different angle. I am not just a final score watcher or a stat sheet admirer. I try to offer opinions that I see and don't mean to be offensive to anyone. I never knew that offering an X's and O's opinion was over the head and thus so upsetting to some people.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@'78

You're using a neutral site location in the national title game to validate your argument. It holds no clout.

Kentucky's other color is white. So if we wear white, we're also just adding to the Kentucky look ... in Kentucky.

Plus whites and grays are such neutral colors that they don't make us stand out at all. We need to show up in our other color (orange) and walk into their blue house and say let's go.

Which is exactly what we did. Go Gators.
It doesn't matter if their arena is cloaked in blue, green or fuscia. They're wearing white home unis. There's more than sufficient eye contrast for the players.

(Besides, maybe we can get some home cookin' from the SEC refs.)

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Orange (and the Blue) jerseys would look a lot better with white numbers, both are pretty ugly right now, the ones out in Portland weren't awful with the black numbers.

Uniform record this year:

Orange: 4-1
Blue: 1-1
White: 9-2
Black: 0-1

Orange it up!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the problems is that FireFoley has to point out ALL the issues DESPITE the Gators Winning. Its almost like he HAS to complain about something. Like last year the baseball team was going through a hot streak to WIN the National Title and FF WALKED out of every game cause we were DESTROYING teams with our pitching. FF also walked out of numerous Basketball games where we were BLOWING teams out by 30 points and FF said we just didn't look like a good team. GatorBaiter!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FF aint no homer, that's the truth. I liked those black unis a few years back with blue trim maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.