Recruiting Gators get 4* OL T.J. Moore

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
See what I mean....one freakin 4 star and some of ya'll have lost your minds....We're 17th in recruiting rankings...17th and you're sure that we're going to end up better than that? We'll be lucky just to get enough 2 and 3 star filler at this point just to get enough numbers....News flash there is only 6 weeks left to recruit and anybody worth a damned already has their share of the elite players but lets all have a jerk fest because we got a top 300 player...SMH

I have to agree with Crete.
1. Good get at a position of need.
2. 17th ranked recruiting class is not acceptable at UF.
3. The fact that everyone seems so excited over this get says a lot about this board's recruiting expectations. "We're just happy to be here!"
4. Good get and seems like a high character young man.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sure be happy all you want about getting a 4 star.....How far behind FSU, Bama, OSU, and half of our conference foes are we at this point....Still happy?

Nobody has said we are where we need to be overall. Everybody is just happy with getting a 4 star OL. What are you missing? This is what we need to do... get 4* players. So it is a good thing. It helps get us closer to Bama, etc... Is one player the difference... absolutely not.

Can you show me one post where people are saying we are now great in recruiting and everything is as it should be vs. all the posts saying "good get"...?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Nobody has said we are where we need to be overall. Everybody is just happy with getting a 4 star OL. What are you missing? This is what we need to do... get 4* players. So it is a good thing. It helps get us closer to Bama, etc... Is one player the difference... absolutely not.

Can you show me one post where people are saying we are now great in recruiting and everything is as it should be vs. all the posts saying "good get"...?

Yea, we have 35 threads to remind us how bad recruiting is so cant we enjoy landing a 4 star without having to hear how bad recruiting is?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The fact that everyone seems so excited over this get says a lot about this board's recruiting expectations. "We're just happy to be here!"

I remember when we routinely recruited top 5 classes. Everyone was excited then when we signed a promising 4*. The only thing getting excited about a new 4* commit says about this board is that we're Gators and looking forward to the possibility of turning the team around.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

As far as chest thumping over this thread goes yes, there is quite a bit back at the beginning of the thread and most of it's in a very sarcastic tone. As quite a few other posters have pointed out it really shows how low the expectations are around here...in fact it's almost embarrassing at this point. Someone call me when we actually start getting two or three 4 & 5 stars every month like were supposed to be getting.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As far as chest thumping over this thread goes yes, there is quite a bit back at the beginning of the thread and most of it's in a very sarcastic tone. As quite a few other posters have pointed out it really shows how low the expectations are around here...in fact it's almost embarrassing at this point. Someone call me when we actually start getting two or three 4 & 5 stars every month like were supposed to be getting.

There was chest thumping that we were back on top of recruiting... please show me that post... I missed it. I only see people happy we got a 4*.

Honestly... just admit you are wrong about the tone of this thread and move on... it doesn't look good for you to keep fighting this losing battle.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I said anyone said that were back on top of recruiting???
There was chest thumping that we were back on top of recruiting... please show me that post... I missed it. I only see people happy we got a 4*.

Honestly... just admit you are wrong about the tone of this thread and move on... it doesn't look good for you to keep fighting this losing battle.
It doesn't bother me one bit. In fact after going back and rereading the entire thread it looks more like you've tried to single me out as someone who was slamming people for being over jubilant.....I never did. I simply mentioned that this was a good pick up but there's a sh!tload of room for improvement and that we're no where near where we used to be....I'd suggest rereading it yourself.....Maybe your having a hard time adjusting to the new standard and were looking to take out your frustrations on someone..........Look somewhere else.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So the "groan-up" GatorNation style is to experience every ounce of despair,
yet indulge in zero grains of gladness ?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I said anyone said that were back on top of recruiting???

It doesn't bother me one bit. In fact after going back and rereading the entire thread it looks more like you've tried to single me out as someone who was slamming people for being over jubilant.....I never did. I simply mentioned that this was a good pick up but there's a sh!tload of room for improvement and that we're no where near where we used to be....I'd suggest rereading it yourself.....Maybe your having a hard time adjusting to the new standard and were looking to take out your frustrations on someone..........Look somewhere else.

This started because you said this wasn't a reason to thump our chest.. I said nobody was thumping their chest. You are still arguing the wrong point... I'm done here.. clearly you just want to argue with yourself.

"Nor is it a reason to thump our chest and act like we're #17 in the recruiting rankings.....oh wait, we are #17 :lol:"

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Nice pick up BUT in case you havent heard, we suck and cant recruit. Just in case you havent heard yet.....

I think this is what got Crete spun and gets under my skin.

Yes we do still suck at recruiting. We are losing the state of Florida to our rivals and out of state schools. One pickup doesn't change that nor does it make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Happy New Year!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think this is what got Crete spun and gets under my skin.

Yes we do still suck at recruiting. We are losing the state of Florida to our rivals and out of state schools. One pickup doesn't change that nor does it make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Happy New Year!

Yea, I put it in simple terms. So many constantly piss and moan about only signing 3 stars and when we sign a 4 star, they arent good enough.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yea, I put it in simple terms. So many constantly piss and moan about only signing 3 stars and when we sign a 4 star, they arent good enough.
Nobody said he's not good enough. In fact, everyone said good pick up or decent pick up or something to that effect. I'm not sure what you are looking for...I mean Mac is getting paid a lot of money. Is it wrong to expect at least what we averaged before he got here? Do I need to just lower my bar?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Nobody said he's not good enough. In fact, everyone said good pick up or decent pick up or something to that effect. I'm not sure what you are looking for...I mean Mac is getting paid a lot of money. Is it wrong to expect at least what we averaged before he got here? Do I need to just lower my bar?

Geeze oh man...you piss and moan CONSTANTLY and its in EVERY SINGLE thread. Some were simply liking the commit without pissing and moaning like every other thread on this site.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Geeze oh man...you piss and moan CONSTANTLY and its in EVERY SINGLE thread. Some were simply liking the commit without pissing and moaning like every other thread on this site.
:alone:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.