Gators hit the road for biggest test this season

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gymnasts travel to Alabama for second straight link to pink meet. Highest rank dual meet #3 Florida versus #6 Alabama. Follow the action at 8:30 pm on the SEC network. Alabama always is a raucous crowd against Florida that attempts to unnerve the team. Expect a crowd of 10k plus.

Look for Kennedy Baker to compete in the AA after taking the last two weeks off. Do not miss the first rotation and Rachel Slocum's vault. The only one in the nation that completes a front handsprint-front pike with half twist. Most gymnast only do a full Yurchenko, although Alex McMurty does a double. Also looking forward to the power freshman Amelia Hundley and Rachel Gowey who are used to competing in front of international crowds and how they handle the volatile college atmosphere.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow a gymnastics post. Awesome. Let's go Gators! I'll be out on a date with the wifey tonight but I hope they do well. Gymnastics is a sport though where home field advantage is such a thing, with judges and all. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they win though.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TY for the heads up - setting DVR now for my daughter.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As predicted, Bama has largest crowd of the season with over 14,000 in attendance. Bama goes on to break season marks on 3 of the 4 events to just edge out the Gators 197.825 to 197.425. Still all around solid score for the Gators on the road in front of a very hostile crowd. This was done despite shuffling the line-up during the meet. Can't wait to get Bama at the SEC championships in Jax later this year.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry to hear that we lost and I'm glad that you posted this. However, in the future, maybe you could specify the sport in the thread title, heh? That would be helpful information as most won't assume or guess gymnastics.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that we lost and I'm glad that you posted this. However, in the future, maybe you could specify the sport in the thread title, heh? That would be helpful information as most won't assume or guess gymnastics.
Generally do, but most folks know I am always posting about Gator Gymnastics. I will next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb