Founding Member
Sold! We need someone who can score!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy and our BBall team can use all the help it can get. Big holes in the roster as far as scoring playmakers goes.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I thought I saw somewhere on a thread that we will be over on Scholly's already?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does this kid realize yet that he won't be playing for Billy next season?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n205035 said:
I thought I saw somewhere on a thread that we will be over on Scholly's already?

I was thinking that also. Aren't we over by one as of right now without more leaving.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n205049 said:
I was thinking that also. Aren't we over by one as of right now without more leaving.

Yeah, but I believe Walker will be gone soon enough.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n205038 said:
Does this kid realize yet that he won't be playing for Billy next season?

If Billy was going to go, he'd of gone by now. He's not going to leave the Gators in that big of a lurch.

Regardless, I'm getting tired of this transfer tactic he's developed in the second half of his coaching career. Have you heard of any other team that basically is reliant on transfers every year to compete?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n205058 said:
If Billy was going to go, he'd of gone by now. He's not going to leave the Gators in that big of a lurch.

Regardless, I'm getting tired of this transfer tactic he's developed in the second half of his coaching career. Have you heard of any other team that basically is reliant on transfers every year to compete?
I'd take a proven transfer over a true freshman in just about most cases . Atleast the kid is proven. The best way to compete with one and done players is to recruit a few proven upper classmen. Duke had a transfer from miss st last year as a starter and next year they have a kid from rice going to be eligible to play. We're not the only school to do it. Bruce pearl has been loading up on transfers is another example. The only transfer we've had that really sucked was Horford but we knew what he was before he got here.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Coming from Fordham, perhaps he has an academic scholarship? Or has a wealthy family such that he can walk on for the team?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

+1

I don't understand how a team can function when it's 50% transfers.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind having some transfers... they have worked out well (Macklin, Rozier, DFS). We are still waiting to see how Carter and Murphy workout. I do wish there was more home grown product than transfers and that is what made the team so successful the previous 4 years. For whatever reason he doesn't get the level of talent that I really feel like he should with his resume. His two 5* players he got last year have both been busts so far. I'm hoping next year's class is better. All this talk about him going to the NBA doesn't help either.

In response to Pat... i completely disagree that Billy would be gone already. The NBA teams haven't ended their season or started looking at next possible coaches. If Orlando or OK State fire their coaches then Billy may be an option and that is when we will know. He isn't going to be able to leave for a job offer he doesn't have yet.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Attachments

• conv_2948.jpg
    conv_2948.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 45
Dec 10, 2014
ATXGator;n205226 said:
In response to Pat... i completely disagree that Billy would be gone already. The NBA teams haven't ended their season or started looking at next possible coaches. If Orlando or OK State fire their coaches then Billy may be an option and that is when we will know. He isn't going to be able to leave for a job offer he doesn't have yet.

That's fine. It's your right to be wrong.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@HoopBusiness: Chris Walker of Florida has decided to go back to school, sources say

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n206220 said:
@HoopBusiness: Chris Walker of Florida has decided to go back to school, sources say
Shcit. That sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb