Gators in free fall, lose to Tennessee

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Figured I’d give this a shot. Don’t expect to win this one but never know what this team will do.

What I do know is we have to win at least 2 of our next 4 to get in. This is our most winnable one IMO. White better have these boys ready to play.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will not be watching tonight.

I am on a self imposed suspension. It may only last the two games this week or it may be extended.

In my 37 years as an avid Gator Basketball fan, I have never gotten this frustrated with the team or the program.
This is not a fair weather thing, I sat through a 5-22 season in 1982, and immediately renewed my tickets, so I can handle losing. What I can't handle is a team that wastes talent and squanders leads to inferior teams. Those Norm Sloan teams in the early eighties were so devoid of talent in general that you had to love college basketball to sit through it.

Rather than spend two hours banging my head against the wall followed with whining about the team on Gatorchatter, I think I need to take a step back and refresh my tolerance level.
Maybe I am bad luck and this will help the team in some way.

Anything is possible with a team that can beat just about anybody and can definitely lose to anybody in the country.

Go Gators!!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Figured I’d give this a shot. Don’t expect to win this one but never know what this team will do.

What I do know is we have to win at least 2 of our next 4 to get in. This is our most winnable one IMO. White better have these boys ready to play.

Yep we probably need 2 wins prior to the SEC tournament to get in without making the final game of the SEC Tourney.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe because they don't get far enough ahead to sit on a lead.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I predict a loss...

a BIG loss. (& I hate losing to ut)

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team plays up to or down to the competition. They seem to always play better against good teams. To me that confirms that this is as much a focus issue for the players as it is anything else. I think we have a shot. When we are dialed in... we can still beat anybody.

That said... I won't be surprised at all if we Sh*t the bed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Odd, but I'll watch while wishing I were not watching? What's there to look for? Like with this team, White's got my frustration confused.>???

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I will not be watching tonight.

I am on a self imposed suspension. It may only last the two games this week or it may be extended.

In my 37 years as an avid Gator Basketball fan, I have never gotten this frustrated with the team or the program.
This is not a fair weather thing, I sat through a 5-22 season in 1982, and immediately renewed my tickets, so I can handle losing. What I can't handle is a team that wastes talent and squanders leads to inferior teams. Those Norm Sloan teams in the early eighties were so devoid of talent in general that you had to love college basketball to sit through it.

Rather than spend two hours banging my head against the wall followed with whining about the team on Gatorchatter, I think I need to take a step back and refresh my tolerance level.
Maybe I am bad luck and this will help the team in some way.

Anything is possible with a team that can beat just about anybody and can definitely lose to anybody in the country.

Go Gators!!!!

Don't you mean those John Lotz teams were devoid of talent.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't you mean those John Lotz teams were devoid of talent.

The Lotz teams were bad as well.

I was referring to the teams Norm had early in the eighties when he just couldn't seem to recruit five positions at one time.
In his first 3-4 years he had a decent front court with Ronnie Williams, Vernon Delancey, and Eugene McDowell but he had high school quality guards for three years. Can you say "Nabe Palmer?"

In the mid-eighties he was able to recruit guards like Moten, Montgomery, Lawrence, and Maxwell but he had no front court to speak of.
It wasn't until he was able to combine Moten and Maxwell with Schintzius, Dwayne Davis, and Livingston Chapman that we made a couple of tournament appearances in '87 and '88.

For the first 7-8 years I had tickets, Sloan never had a roster anywhere near what White has to work with.

I was able to accept the losing when we clearly didn't have the players. Not so much now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.