Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
According to nba scouts he prepares his players better than anyone for the nba

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And to think several years ago people on the old board said he wasn't good at developing players.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how Cal's players have fared in the NBA since he got to KY. I would think he has the most in the NBA in his time there just due to getting who he wants basically every year but I wonder how good they are doing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n93133 said:
I wonder how Cal's players have fared in the NBA since he got to KY. I would think he has the most in the NBA in his time there just due to getting who he wants basically every year but I wonder how good they are doing.

That's a good thought....but those kids he gets are freelancers and don't really "develop" much at UK. Surprisingly he has a few kids who came back this year.

I know it's the common theme around here to bash Calipari...but (imo) he's done a great job there, basically bringing them back to being the premier CBB program in the country. His recruiting is unbelievable.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is selling the NBA...not being an all-time great Kentucky Wildcat. Each year they decide whether to stay or go...those that can go do go. Billy develops Gators who can then become NBA'ers (Beal an exception).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TallyGator;n93175 said:
He is selling the NBA...not being an all-time great Kentucky Wildcat. Each year they decide whether to stay or go...those that can go do go. Billy develops Gators who can then become NBA'ers (Beal an exception).

And Donnell Harvey....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n93199 said:
Hoping the Rockets suck this year for allowing Parsons to leave.

Then harden was talking trash about him. I'm with you

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gator Fever;n93133 said:

Here's a list of Kentucky players if anyone is interested. Davis is obviously a standout, with Wall and Cousins on the next tier. Julius Randall broke his leg last night, FYI.

http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Southeastern-Conference/8/Kentucky/258/NBA_Players

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy is great at preparing guys for the NBA. Eventually kids will catch on to this and Billy will find himself having to turn away the "role players" because he'll have all the best players knocking on his door to come play for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator