Founding Member
We used to laugh at Kintucky and Vandy.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
So what if he's a three star at 6'5" 240lbs? He's only 16 years old!
If we offered him late after he committed to somewhere else as 4-5 star, you people would berate the staff for being late to the party!!!

JFC.......
this is a risk, but a good one for sure.
If he can run he should be able to be coached up. Right, he's just a baby, a real bigun though. Bring him on.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sheesh he's 16 at 6'5" 250. Crap, he'll grow and only his first year playing. His stock will rise. Lets get to the party early rather than not at all. Many would be pissed for not offering. We need all the potential FL studs we can get.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
For me stars tell half the story and offer list tells me alot too. OU, Clemson, scUM, and UT, wanted him so that's a decent enough list to have me encouraged about the pick up even though I know nothing about him and 95% of our keyboard coaches on here don't either

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
For me stars tell half the story and offer list tells me alot too. OU, Clemson, scUM, and UT, wanted him so that's a decent enough list to have me encouraged about the pick up even though I know nothing about him and 95% of our keyboard coaches on here don't either
OU, Clemson and UT "offered' but was it an an offer?. This is a bad take IMO. He's slow. He's played one year and his highlights are Meh. No thanks

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7672617/taylor-upshaw

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
OU, Clemson and UT "offered' but was it an an offer?. This is a bad take IMO. He's slow. He's played one year and his highlights are Meh. No thanks

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7672617/taylor-upshaw

I know it says those "highlights" were from his first year ever playing football, but g'damn someone please teach that kid how to tackle. My 5 year old played football his first year this past season also and he doesn't arm tackle that bad, and he plays flag. Hope that kid turns out to be a stud, but usually even the most extremely raw d-linemen will at least knock someone's dick in the dirt when the opportunity presents itself. That kid just seems to tackle with his belly and then talk a lot of $hit afterwards. Seem's like a reach to me.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Sheesh he's 16 at 6'5" 250. Crap, he'll grow and only his first year playing. His stock will rise. Lets get to the party early rather than not at all. Many would be pissed for not offering. We need all the potential FL studs we can get.
Agreed. I'm still blown away by the size of these younguns.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Exactly, we always complain about the Florida homegrown recuits going out of state to the likes of OSU, Bama, Clemson, michigan. Its refreshing to see that we are getting the instate guys to stay home. Also, this guy looks like a really good prospect. I think this is a good take and I bet some of the big schools come calling to him soon.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There is no reason to complain here. I know he is a project, but he has talent and the genes. He just needs technique. I'm looking forward to his 2017 tape as his school uploads a number of their games to Youtube.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, we always complain about the Florida homegrown recuits going out of state to the likes of OSU, Bama, Clemson, michigan. Its refreshing to see that we are getting the instate guys to stay home. Also, this guy looks like a really good prospect. I think this is a good take and I bet some of the big schools come calling to him soon.

Just to clarify...people complain about the top kids from FL going elsewhere. Here, let me show you...

https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2017/florida

10/15 kids went out of state. Kid is what 105th in FL? Kid isn't even on Meyer's radar. The phone isn't ringing.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It seems to me that with all the competition for players within the state we do need to work somewhat outside the state. Now we need closer relationships with HS coaches and programs throughout the state.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
That's because they're getting the elite D talent, while we grab the 3* leftovers from SFLA with a few 4*s. This kid is #105 in the state. No instate team except UF and the lesser Florida schools offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.