Gators, MUCH better days are ahead. I'm pumped!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No matter what happens to finish this season, I'm certain that we're going to have a new coach going forward. And I tell you, that just pumps me up. Just to be able to be optimistic again, to be unified with the fans again, to stick a fork into the vast majority of the negativity is going to be fabulous.

Saying that, there is going to be a lot of debate about the new hire, whoever it is. Some people aren't going to be happy with it. Whether or not I'll be "happy", I can't say, but I can say I'll be squarely behind whoever it is. Whoever is hired, I'm an instant nutswinger. Yup, even if it's Lane Kiffin. I'm going to support the new coach as much as I can.

We've got a tough road ahead of us, and the new coach is going to have his work cut out for him. I think the fan base is beaten down to the point where we can be faaaaar more patient than we've been in the past. We've been humbled, no doubt about that. To go from the mountaintop to filing out in the 3rd quarter of our Homecoming game in six years, that humbles people. We're a different group than we were five years ago. I don't know about better (some would say so), but different.

When our new coach is hired, you're going to see Gator fans that you forgot existed come out of the woodwork. The message boards are going to be flooded. Love and optimism will be flying everywhere - I nearly have a tear in my eye thinking about it.

I have no idea who the new hire is going to be but I'm already excited about it. Unlike last year, this could be one great offseason.

Discuss. And let's keep this thread positive. Tell me what you're looking forward to the most.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I am looking forward to a coach who can respond to the media and fans correctly. I also hope to see a coach who shows his enthusiasm and caring for his team in a positive way rather than an overly emotional way. I suffer from being too emotional and understand well how it prevents proper leadership and development of a team.

I would have other comments but only positive ones for this thread.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ox the psychologist! Thanks for the positive note, and I am optimistic as well. And let's not forget about the other great sports teams UF fields.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I was with you 'til the Lane Kiffin thing.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am positive that there will still be bitching during the offseason, no matter who the new head coach is.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward to seeing this

instead of this

Attachments

• conv_1186.jpg
    conv_1186.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 46

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Feeling the buzz and excitement back in the swamp. Watching my team score points and winning. Landing top recruits. Possibly having another heisman QB and an offense thats not one or two dimensional.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n92120 said:
I am positive that there will still be bitching during the offseason, no matter who the new head coach is.
Of course there will be. But it's going to be turned down by about 95%.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, I thought sunshine pumping was frowned upon. Should I fire the guy I hired to hold an umbrella over me at all times?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n92130 said:
Wait, I thought sunshine pumping was frowned upon. Should I fire the guy I hired to hold an umbrella over me at all times?
Wait until the Muschamp firing is official. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm looking forward to going into games against our rivals, FSU and UGA, and also against the cream of the crop in the SEC, knowing that we're the better and more prepared team and knowing that we should win the game if we don't beat ourselves. That swagger we had in 2006-2009, and prior to that in the Spurrier era, that's been missing for so long returning. I'm looking forward to being able to walk into any bar in metro Atlanta after the annual cocktail party knowing that I can talk smack to the Georgia fans if I so choose, but reveling in the pleasure of silently enjoying my beer without having to say a word because the beatdown we gave them on the field speaks so loudly! Same thing when I'm in Florida and the Noles' fans are crying in their beers because we whipped 'em! That's what I'm looking forward to.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Here is your emote for lane kiffin... :kiffin:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n92135 said:
Can't wait till we're all sunshine pumping together again :cool:

Count me in!

SunshineGirl.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Winning. Especially the SEC Championship. Beating UGA and FSU. Watching a fun, competent offense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just looking forward to improvement. It's been so depressing since last year, knowing we would have another year of the same. OX is spot on...the future is bright!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think I used up all my optimism over the past 10 months. I remained optimistic when being an optimist wasn't cool. I have a new outlook - sho me da money! I plan to occupy the area between being disgruntled and giddy. O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.