Gators, MUCH better days are ahead. I'm pumped!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n92855 said:
Josh MaDaniels. Through UF'S Belichick connection.

oh-heeeell-to-the-no.gif

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
G 2;n92930 said:

Agreed G 2. Stoops is a defensive version of Mark Richt. Hes good for an 10-2 season every year and a bowl loss every other year. He does just enough to keep off a hot seat but always farts away a game he should win every year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Josh McDaniels is an NFL guy that has never been a college coach. He's disliked all over the place, and is considered a poor man's Kiffin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92966 said:
Josh McDaniels is an NFL guy that has never been a college coach. He's disliked all over the place, and is considered a poor man's Kiffin.
Poor man's Charley Weis?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This is what Kiffin's prior employer said about him.

Davis detailed acts of what he called insubordination by Kiffin, read a warning letter he gave his coach more than two weeks ago and said he made the decision to fire Kiffin on Tuesday because the coach was "a flat-out liar."

This is what Josh McDaniels' former employer said about him.

My decision to relieve Josh McDaniels as head coach was not taken lightly," Bowlen said in a statement. "I will always be appreciative of his passion, enthusiasm and hard work, and I thank him for his efforts.

"In the end, I was not satisfied with the results and the direction this team was headed. The decision to make a change was extremely difficult but one that needed to be made for this organization and our fans," Bowlen said.

Bowlen went on to say that he felt responsible for McDaniels' failure by putting too much on the first time coaches plate. Bowlen said he should have hired a Personnel Manager when Shanahan was fired and the give McDaniels full control of player personnel as well as Head Coach was too much.

There's a big difference in the public opinion of McDaniels and Kiffin. Kiffin is guilty of taking a crap on every organization he's ever worked for.

McDaniels is guilty of biting off more than he could chew. Other than that he's considered an excellent offensive mind, play caller and QB coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you honestly believe Josh McDaniels would even be in Foley's top 10 list of coaches to contact? Top 20? Top 250? Best to let that one go.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A career assistant. We don't need to go that route again. Even Kerwin has at least been the HC, and JU is having a nice year, 7-1, top 15 FCS offense nationally, etc.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm of the we need to get an ex OC with a proven HC winning record however...
If Stoops were named Head Coach I would be the first person at the airport and lead the parade in to town. Stoops would be a monster with the talent in this State and I could see us being set for the next 15-20 years.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n93059 said:
If Stoops were named Head Coach I would be the first person at the airport and lead the parade in to town. Stoops would be a monster with the talent in this State and I could see us being set for the next 15-20 years.

Let's not forget who ate Saban's ass for supper in the Sugar Bowl last year.......

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n93059 said:

I agree after how bad our offense has looked the past 5 years recruits and fans are going to want to see an offensive coach. But stoops is the only guy from that side of the ball who's name is big enough to attract play makers. I don't think he's going to be an option though.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n93056 said:
Do you honestly believe Josh McDaniels would even be in Foley's top 10 list of coaches to contact? Top 20? Top 250? Best to let that one go.

Whatever.

If you are content to be Georgia and have a 10-2 record every year and always come up just a little short you can have Stoops. I dont want the bum. He plays in a terrible conference and still can't manage to beat the likes of Kansas State or Texas Christian. He starts out ranked in the top 5 every year and then chokes it away. If we're going to make a coaching change I dont want to "settle" for the proven perennial also ran. I'd rather take a chance on someone who might bring actual championships. Yeah there's an eliment of risk in doing that but you know what you get with Stoopid. If youre not winning, you're losing. And I'm tired of losing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n93110 said:
If youre not winning, you're losing. And I'm tired of losing.
If you're not first, you're last.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorTAG;n93110 said:
Whatever.

If content to be Georgia and have a 10-2 record every year and always come up just a little short you can have Stoops. I dont want the bum. He plays in a terrible conference and still can't manage to beat the likes of Kansas State or Texas Christian. He starts out ranked in the top 5 every year and then chokes it away. If we're going to make a coaching change I dont want to "settle" for the proven perennial also ran. I'd rather take a chance on someone who might bring actual championships. Yeah there's an eliment of risk in doing that but you know what you get with Stoopid. If youre not winning, you're losing. And I'm tired of losing.

At this point I would love to have a 10-2 record. SOS didn't have the best bowl record either in fact I won't look it up but I bet Stoops is better in bowls. Stoops has played in 3 NC games winning one and probably most years would have won a 2nd in 2008 if he hadn't ran into Superman and an NFL defense. OU was a train wreck when he got there and they have basically been a top 10 program year in and year out. Another point to consider is that OU rarely finishes in the top 10 in recruiting. As far as occasionally losing to an inferior opponent I give you Auburn in 2006, Michigan 2007 bowl game, Ole Miss in 2008 for Meyer and SOS almost always seemed to lose to someone from the SEC west that we had no business losing to. In other words there isn't a coach alive that doesn't do it from time to time. In short I'd take Stoops in a heartbeat over anyone.
Just for grins who would you like to see named coach ?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n93110 said:
Whatever.

If content to be Georgia and have a 10-2 record every year and always come up just a little short you can have Stoops. I dont want the bum. He plays in a terrible conference and still can't manage to beat the likes of Kansas State or Texas Christian. He starts out ranked in the top 5 every year and then chokes it away. If we're going to make a coaching change I dont want to "settle" for the proven perennial also ran. I'd rather take a chance on someone who might bring actual championships. Yeah there's an eliment of risk in doing that but you know what you get with Stoopid. If youre not winning, you're losing. And I'm tired of losing.
I see. You don't want Stoops, I get that. Fine. However, your solution is Josh McDaniels? A guy who has never coached in college that was fired and run out of Denver on a rail? Have you noticed how many head coaching jobs he's been offered since then? Me neither.

Can UF really afford to take a big risk on another hire?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
NavetG8r;n93309 said:
Love the RUSH lyrics. :headbang:
I see this thread has taken a decidely AWESOME turn. I will choose the path thats clear, I will choose freewill. Sorry off topic but had to bow at the altar of Rush

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.